FCC question

Hi everyone. I have spent a good part of my day trying to "lift and shift" for my cruise which was scheduled for January 2021. Although I still had lots of time to cancel, I wanted to take advantage of it get my next cruise booked before it fills up and I had no options for left as I am not very flexible with my schedule. In short, as I was speaking to the customer service rep my cruise got cancelled (apparently by me while we were speaking) and now my only option is to get a future cruise credit, which I should receive within 30 days. Could I go on now and schedule my future cruise, and then apply my credit to the total once I receive it? Would this mean I would still qualify for the "Best Price Guarantee" or does that only apply to bookings before May 6th. Sorry if this may be confusing, I just don't know the best way to proceed. Thanks for any help.

You can book the new sailing, but you will be required to put down the deposit if the FCC does not clear by may 31st.  Best Price Guarantee (up until final payment date) is for any sailing at all on RCI.  Just call them and ask them to reprice your reservation.  As for the ones after final payment (until "48 hours before sailing"), I believe that is for any sailings booked by August.

Steve

1 hour ago, LisaLeone said:

I was also told, by a cruise rep, that FCC cannot be used as a deposit....I'm not sure how that plays outs if what you have coming covers the total cost. 

If your FCC covers the total amount of the cruise you would only need to pay the taxes and fees. 

On 5/15/2020 at 4:21 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

If your FCC covers the total amount of the cruise you would only need to pay the taxes and fees. 

what if the FCC is say just 50 short. Can u just pay the extra 50 plus port fees or do u need to pay the whole deposit 

2 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

what if the FCC is say just 50 short. Can u just pay the extra 50 plus port fees or do u need to pay the whole deposit 

You just pay the extra, then the cruise is paid in full

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

how long is the voucher for 

It is valid for sailings that depart until April 2022

there are different apply by dates depending on which round of cancellations you were part of.  Those will be listed on your voucher.

at a minimum both should be for 12 months after your cruise returned 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Be careful if you use your FCC on a cruise and there is a balance. 

You cannot have access to that balance until you take and are back from your first cruise.

If you intend on using the balance on another cruise make sure the final payment date is after the date you are back from cruise number ONE. 

Really stupid policy but they will make NO EXCEPTIONS.

11 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Be careful if you use your FCC on a cruise and there is a balance. 

You cannot have access to that balance until you take and are back from your first cruise.

If you intend on using the balance on another cruise make sure the final payment date is after the date you are back from cruise number ONE. 

Really stupid policy but they will make NO EXCEPTIONS.

Yes there is an exception.

if you are taking a B2B cruise you can get one FCC applied to each part of a cruise.  Just did this yesterday. 

Other  than that you are correct and you need to make sure there is at least 3 weeks between the time your cruise gets back and the final payment date to allow for processing time. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes there is an exception.

if you are taking a B2B cruise you can get one FCC applied to each part of a cruise.  Just did this yesterday. 

Our first is in November 2020 and will be after the final ( OCTOBER ) payment is due on our January 2021.

NO way around it and we will have to book another before December 2021 if we want to use the balance... 

4 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Our first is in November 2020 and will be after the final ( OCTOBER ) payment is due on our January 2021.

NO way around it and we will have to book another before December 2021 if we want to use the balance... 

I agree, in your case there is no way around it.

I was just pointing out for others that there is one exception to that rule that may apply to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is valid for sailings that depart until April 2022

there are different apply by dates depending on which round of cancellations you were part of.  Those will be listed on your voucher.

at a minimum both should be for 12 months after your cruise returned 

So if u have a voucher that’s valid until April 2022 and there is credit left on the voucher and u decide to do your cruise in April 2022 say. Will they issue u a new voucher for a further 12 months if not it’s going u no time to use it 

3 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

So if u have a voucher that’s valid until April 2022 and there is credit left on the voucher and u decide to do your cruise in April 2022 say. Will they issue u a new voucher for a further 12 months if not it’s going u no time to use it 

I would assume so however I would call and ask.

I received my FCC voucher after they cancelled my cruise for 4/4/20 for my wife and myself.  I re-booked a cruise for next year and added my son and his girlfriend onto the booking.  My TA initially said after talking with Royal said that any excess FCC (after applying to my wife and myself) can be applied to the other two guests.   Well today she said Royal said NO -  so the amount being applied would be less then the refund I would get if I decided not to take the FCC.  

Does anyone know what anything about this or what the protocol is?

Also, I received a refund from Royal for about $233 which I assume is to taxes and fees but I think it should be closer to $700 - is this a partial? or should I try a to contact them.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

48 minutes ago, squale2 said:

I received my FCC voucher after they cancelled my cruise for 4/4/20 for my wife and myself.  I re-booked a cruise for next year and added my son and his girlfriend onto the booking.  My TA initially said after talking with Royal said that any excess FCC (after applying to my wife and myself) can be applied to the other two guests.   Well today she said Royal said NO -  so the amount being applied would be less then the refund I would get if I decided not to take the FCC.  

Does anyone know what anything about this or what the protocol is?

Also, I received a refund from Royal for about $233 which I assume is to taxes and fees but I think it should be closer to $700 - is this a partial? or should I try a to contact them.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Your TA gave you incorrect information.  FCC’s can only be applied to the guests that were issued them. 

not sure how your FCC can be less than what your refund would have been.  Once you use your FCC for you and your wife any remaining amount will be reissued as a new FCC once that cruise is complete. 

Your TA may include what is called non commissionable cruise fare in the line for taxes on their invoice.  Royal does not list it this way and it screws people up when TA’s do.  The only way to tell for sure is to ask your TA for the guest copy of Royals booking invoice.   With the numbers you listed it appears that is what they have done as the non commissionable cruise fare is usually higher than the taxes.

57 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Your TA gave you incorrect information.  FCC’s can only be applied to the guests that were issued them. 

not sure how your FCC can be less than what your refund would have been.  Once you use your FCC for you and your wife any remaining amount will be reissued as a new FCC once that cruise is complete. 

Your TA may include what is called non commissionable cruise fare in the line for taxes on their invoice.  Royal does not list it this way and it screws people up when TA’s do.  The only way to tell for sure is to ask your TA for the guest copy of Royals booking invoice.   With the numbers you listed it appears that is what they have done as the non commissionable cruise fare is usually higher than the taxes.

Thanks for the information -  I did fail to put in that I would be getting remaining amount in a new FCC but I am not sure that I would be able to use that before it would expire.   So I believe with the information you supplied I probably should go for the refund - so I can insure the most money is used.  Thanks again for your help 

3 minutes ago, squale2 said:

Thanks for the information -  I did fail to put in that I would be getting remaining amount in a new FCC but I am not sure that I would be able to use that before it would expire.   So I believe with the information you supplied I probably should go for the refund - so I can insure the most money is used.  Thanks again for your help 

In your case a refund does sound like the best way to go. 

Someone help me with the Math.

Let's just say for example I made final payment on a cruise that Royal cancels.  Final payment and cruise price total $2000.  If I accept the 125% FCC, will I get a FCC for $2500 total (split between the two of us), or will taxes and port charges be deducted from the $2000 and refunded to me.  If the latter is the case, let's say taxes/port charges are $500, would I then get that refunded to me and the remainder $1500 be applied toward the 125% FCC?

I understand if I choose the full refund, I would get $2000 back.  🍷

30 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Someone help me with the Math.

Let's just say for example I made final payment on a cruise that Royal cancels.  Final payment and cruise price total $2000.  If I accept the 125% FCC, will I get a FCC for $2500 total (split between the two of us), or will taxes and port charges be deducted from the $2000 and refunded to me.  If the latter is the case, let's say taxes/port charges are $500, would I then get that refunded to me and the remainder $1500 be applied toward the 125% FCC?

I understand if I choose the full refund, I would get $2000 back.  🍷

Take the total cost of the cruise.  Deduct port taxes and fees, gratuities and insurance (automatically refunded) then multiply the remaining amount by 1.25.

a refund gets you $2000

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Take the total cost of the cruise.  Deduct port taxes and fees, gratuities and insurance (automatically refunded) then multiply the remaining amount by 1.25.

a refund gets you $2000

Thanks for the clarification.  That's what I suspected.  🍷

• Like 1