RCCL Diamond Level

On 6/4/2020 at 12:26 AM, Billy Baltic said:

Our next cruise (2021) will be the first as diamond. We plan on bringing a 16yo, 8yo and 6yo into the DL and I know I’ll be the worst behaved 😎

We don’t go into the lounges much, but when we do and see kids they look board out of their minds.  So I guess my question is not can you, but why would you want to?  Does not seem much fun for them.

I’ve not seen misbehaved kids in the lounges and since I don’t go much myself, I don’t care if it is all kids.  Just thinking of better things to do for them.

27 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We don’t go into the lounges much, but when we do and see kids they look board out of their minds.  So I guess my question is not can you, but why would you want to?  Does not seem much fun for them.

I’ve not seen misbehaved kids in the lounges and since I don’t go much myself, I don’t care if it is all kids.  Just thinking of better things to do for them.

We try to experience as much of the ship as possible. Some places we like and return. Other places we don’t like so much and won’t bother. I don’t see the DL any differently. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the DL would not be open when cruising starts as they seem to be very crowded on the Oasis class ships that we have sailed.  On Harmony and Allure, there was a second location opened because there were no seats in the actual lounge.

With social distancing, I can't believe there will be enough seats for all those wanting to go to the lounge.  This, to me, may be the start of eliminating the Diamond members from the lounge and only allowing Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.  Even doing that may not work.

I think the 3 drinks allowed in the bars, dining room will be the way things will be initially, at least.  JMO.

I personally would not go on the Empress, no matter how cheap it was. I have been on the Soverign and Monarch and Rhapsody, and don't wish to go on a ship that small again. I have gotten spoiled on the big ships. The only time we have done the small ship lately was to do Key West, which is one of our favorite stops. We aren't going on any cruises until later in 2021. Hopefully things will settle down by then!

Well, for those that are worried about our grandkids won't have much fun on Majesty. We are still considering it for the Port of Calls. We love Key West. We are also still considering Harmony as everyone has said, it's an Oasis Class Ship. We sailed her last summer July 2019. We all loved her. Our family really wants to see the new Coco Cay. The grandkids want to try it out.

On 6/7/2020 at 12:44 AM, fla gang said:

I personally would not go on the Empress, no matter how cheap it was. I have been on the Soverign and Monarch and Rhapsody, and don't wish to go on a ship that small again. I have gotten spoiled on the big ships. The only time we have done the small ship lately was to do Key West, which is one of our favorite stops. We aren't going on any cruises until later in 2021. Hopefully things will settle down by then!

The Rhapsody,  my favorite ship of all time.    

I have traveled with my kids for years- every spring break. We are all Diamond members and they would go into the Diamond Club with us. There is an age restriction( I do not remember what it is) but would follow that rule. Kid are fine if they sit at table with you and do not run around the lounge. Nice family time/ talk about the day activities and plan the next day excursions.. I recommend Freedom or Oasis class .Kids love the ships. 

24 minutes ago, jamin jul said:

I have traveled with my kids for years- every spring break. We are all Diamond members and they would go into the Diamond Club with us. There is an age restriction( I do not remember what it is) but would follow that rule. Kid are fine if they sit at table with you and do not run around the lounge. Nice family time/ talk about the day activities and plan the next day excursions.. I recommend Freedom or Oasis class .Kids love the ships. 

There are no longer any age restrictions for kids in the DL other than they must be accompanied by an adult.