How are you re-booking cancelled cruise??

Airheights

I just officially received my Aug 22, 2020 cancellation letter via email. Having previously requested FCC & OBC.   Logged into Carnival website and my booking no longer active.  So how do I re-book?  If I book through the Carnival site will it automatically recognize that I am making a re-booking?  And giving me the FCC and OBC?  I've also seen in other posts that I truly don't owe the penalty cancellation fees suggested in my letter, but I still have to pay those when re-booking and NEW deposit?

I rebooked on Carnival's site and paid the deposit on the new booking. It sucks, but unless you can get a PVP or an agent to transfer your funds over, it's the only way to rebook.

Once you rebook, use this link to enter your information. At some point, you will still need to call Carnival because it won't show up on your new booking immediately. Wait a few weeks and then call them to double check. The lines right now are going to be jammed. I was the lead organizer for my church's group trip and it took me DAYS to get everything swapped out.

10 minutes ago, Airheights said:

I just officially received my Aug 22, 2020 cancellation letter via email. Having previously requested FCC & OBC.   Logged into Carnival website and my booking no longer active.  So how do I re-book?  If I book through the Carnival site will it automatically recognize that I am making a re-booking?  And giving me the FCC and OBC?  I've also seen in other posts that I truly don't owe the penalty cancellation fees suggested in my letter, but I still have to pay those when re-booking and NEW deposit?

My March cancelled cruise had been booked through a Carnival PVP.  She handled the rebooking quickly and efficiently.  No penalties, no new deposits.

My September cancelled cruise had been booked through a local TA I have used for years.  He handled the rebooking quickly and efficiently.  No penalties, no new deposits.

If you booked on-line I strongly suggest you phone them to deal with it.  Tech has its uses but in uncharted waters a person on the other end to answer questions is by far preferable.

Good luck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TigerGalCruiser said:

I rebooked on Carnival's site and paid the deposit on the new booking. It sucks, but unless you can get a PVP or an agent to transfer your funds over, it's the only way to rebook.

Once you rebook, use this link to enter your information. At some point, you will still need to call Carnival because it won't show up on your new booking immediately. Wait a few weeks and then call them to double check. The lines right now are going to be jammed. I was the lead organizer for my church's group trip and it took me DAYS to get everything swapped out.

Thank you for the link!  I missed that part below after requesting FCC!!  If I only just continued to read the rest.  Lol.

1 hour ago, Airheights said:

Our original cruise was in August out of Jacksonville.  When that one was cancelled, I called direct to carnival and had to pay a new deposit to create a new booking, then carnival moved my money over and added the OBC.

I just called today to rebook (May of '21) and this time, I DID NOT have to pay another deposit, they just moved everything I paid into the new one..  Still go the OBC..

Edited by FiremedicMike151
  • Thanks 1

I was booked on Carnival Legend out of NYC in May before being cancelled. It took me a while to get it all straightened out as I had booked thru an online TA. (last time I do that!). I took the option of the FCC/OBC. 

In the mean time, I booked and paid the deposit on the Pride to Bermuda out of Baltimore April 2021.  Once I had notification of the FCC/OBC being received, I called Carnival and transferred all of it to the Bermuda cruise.  I ended up with a total of $825 OBC after everything paid. I got lucky as they were able to transfer the port charges,taxes, prepaid gratuities, etc over to the new cruise.

Karen

• Thanks 1

Our August 29 cruise has been cancelled (although it still shows up as active when I sign in to my Carnival account). We also have bookings for the Dec. 26th sailing of the Mardi Gras and I called today to ask whether the FCC and OBC could be credited to those bookings if we selected that option from the cancelled cruise. I was told yes that it could. Has anybody used the FCC and OBC from a cancelled cruise to apply to an existing future booking? Never sure if the answer you get when you call about such issues is correct.

5 minutes ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Our August 29 cruise has been cancelled (although it still shows up as active when I sign in to my Carnival account). We also have bookings for the Dec. 26th sailing of the Mardi Gras and I called today to ask whether the FCC and OBC could be credited to those bookings if we selected that option from the cancelled cruise. I was told yes that it could. Has anybody used the FCC and OBC from a cancelled cruise to apply to an existing future booking? Never sure if the answer you get when you call about such issues is correct.

Yes, when my September cruise was cancelled I moved all payments to the Sailabration cruise I had booked for March 5, 2022.  Since that cruise is so far out I had paid nothing but the deposit.

I do a mock booking/ temp hold on new booking, then call Carnival. Give them the new booking # and transfer everything to that booking. It will save you from putting another deposit down. 

• Like 2

As painful as it is, I recommend calling Carnival.  I booked my original cruise online and called Carnival when it came to moving it to a new cruise.  My new cruise was cancelled and I called Carnival to get it moved to another cruise.  Anyway, there were a few extra things involved since my new cruise was less expensive than my cancelled one.  

I am glad the agent was able to work everything out in one phone call so that I knew exactly what was paid, the OBCs, and what will be refunded.  I received a confirmation email.  Then when I logged on to my account, my cancelled cruise was gone and only my new cruise was there.  When I printed my documents, everything showed up, including the OBC.  Anyway, if you want to make sure everything is done right, I suggest calling.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Airheights said:

We use a PVP, the best move we have made for booking our cruises. Just rebooked our cancelled September B2B. Also had our Mardi Gras B2B cancelled. With all the FCCs from both cruises she got everything rebooked, 125%, FCC, and the OBC from the Mardi Gras and the FCC from the cancelled Horizon this September. The next day I got a call from her and said there was money left over, had it put on our August 2021 cruise. This is why we use a PVP.

Edited by skrufy
Correction
  • Like 1

Ta did it all. Moved taxes and fees, and I had to pay $98 to over the rest of deposit. He got the fcc tracking #, which he confirmed within a week. Obc, fcc, old taxes and fees all transferred seamlessly. Now I'm holing oct 4th freedom isnt cancelled but looking iffy.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1