Reprice after applying FCC

Has anyone repriced a cruise after applying FCC?

We have a booking for December which was a standard booking with a cash deposit through our TA. After our March sailing was cancelled, we took the option of 125% FCC. When this came through in May, we had our TA apply it to the December cruise.

Yesterday, I saw that the fare had been reduced. A mock booking for the cabin next to ours came in $200 lower. I emailed our TA to reprice at the lower rate, and she advised that because we had applied the FCC, we were no longer eligible to reprice.

I call rubbish, but would like to hear if anyone else has been in this situation? 

Cheers,

Balsam

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, if that is in fact true then it is just one more reason to take a refund rather than an F.C.C.

I don't believe it is true.

I believe my TA just can't be bothered. I had a similar response when I asked her about the $200 OBC I had for the cancelled booking that was from booking with Next Cruise.

I have given her three options:

• Call RC again and escalate to resolve
  • Remove the FCC from our booking and reprice (not sure if this can even be done)
  • I take the booking back from them and cease doing business with them. 
  • Like 2

I am fairly sure once you place an fcc you can’t get price drops.  That is why you shouldn’t use them until just before final payment is due or by the use deadline.  Which ever one is first.

Not True ! I just recently repriced our booked cruise that an FCC (125%) had been used on.

It was just repriced by RCI (phone call by me) the FCC then dropped off and then was easily re-applied...all while I was on hold...The excess FCC amount will now be another FCC that I can use on one of the future cruises I have booked.

Oops..just saw that you were not a USA booking....so policy might vary for you...Hopefully not.

Best of luck !!

Edited by Ashland

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You should still be able to do it.  Most likely it will need to be escalated to resolutions.  Unless you are using the FCC to cover the deposit it’s best not to apply it until final payment. 

How long is it taking them to apply them once submitted?

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

How long is it taking them to apply them once submitted?

Varies.  Some reps can apply it immediately, some reps have to use a similar online tool that agents can use that can take a week or some reps will call resolutions to have it added right away.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Varies.  Some reps can apply it immediately, some reps have to use a similar online tool that agents can use that can take a week or some reps will call resolutions to have it added right away.

Thanks  I'll have to touch base with my TA later this month about redeeming mine😇 for our October cruise.  Final payment is August 15th I  believe.  The cruise could get cancelled before then

I saved $300 on my January cruise in which I had already applied 125% FCC from my canceled May cruise. I called C&A and the rep and I were on hold for about 40 minutes while Resolutions took care of it. This was three weeks ago. 

50 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thanks  I'll have to touch base with my TA later this month about redeeming mine😇 for our October cruise.  Final payment is August 15th I  believe.  The cruise could get cancelled before then

I would go with August 1 just to be safe.  

• Thanks 1

I don't believe it is true.

I believe my TA just can't be bothered. I had a similar response when I asked her about the $200 OBC I had for the cancelled booking that was from booking with Next Cruise.

I have given her three options:

• Call RC again and escalate to resolve
  • Remove the FCC from our booking and reprice (not sure if this can even be done)
  • I take the booking back from them and cease doing business with them. 

We have been going through similar garbage with our so called TA. They ruined our 125% by advising to cancel our transatlantic too soon. Only got 100% credit. And deny ever telling us to do that! Then we missed our July payment(but fell on our sword with royal) and managed to salvage and pay off our next cruise. Needless to say we have 4 other cruises booked WITHOUT this TA’s assistance! Useless!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 hour ago, CapeGal said:

We have been going through similar garbage with our so called TA. They ruined our 125% by advising to cancel our transatlantic too soon. Only got 100% credit. And deny ever telling us to do that! Then we missed our July payment(but fell on our sword with royal) and managed to salvage and pay off our next cruise. Needless to say we have 4 other cruises booked WITHOUT this TA’s assistance! Useless!

And the reason I've always owned all my bookings...never a 3rd party involved.

1 hour ago, CapeGal said:

I too had a less than helpful TA.  I now have an excellent TA who consistently gives us great advice and goes out of his way to figure out how to deal with my oddball requests.  They are out there, sometimes on the same page.

• Like 1

I just repriced my Cruise after full payment using my FCC’s from the global suspension. Was quick and easy to do, instead of OBC (difference) the rep gave additional FCC back to use for a later cruise (happy with that as I have a future cruise later in the year). Not only was it cheaper the room was moved from a guarantee and inc $50 OBC 

1 hour ago, Jimmy_g88 said:

I just repriced my Cruise after full payment using my FCC’s from the global suspension. Was quick and easy to do, instead of OBC (difference) the rep gave additional FCC back to use for a later cruise (happy with that as I have a future cruise later in the year). Not only was it cheaper the room was moved from a guarantee and inc $50 OBC 

Giving any excess you have from a FCC is always given back as a new FCC...never will it be OBC. The rep was just following RCI policy. Glad it worked out best for you.