The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Sometimes, it's all about perspective how one sees things.  Photos taken within second of one another on  a port stop on the Inaugural Cruise.

Keith

IMG_25092.thumb.jpeg.4bb58f7d9563e6f4472dff531ab77653.jpeg

IMG_25102.thumb.jpeg.495eb54d050a44704d0ba080ee42f086.jpeg

I always knew the dress was blue!  Oh wait, wrong optical illusion…. 😁 Though I still don’t know what all you gold dress people were smoking.  😏 

Vince

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ctjon said:

Roy, if I remember correctly that was about the last nice weather day on that trip for a while.

We had 2 nice days in Reykjavik and a nice day in Dublin but most of the other sea days were quite interesting.

Roy

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

We had 2 nice days in Reykjavik and a nice day in Dublin but most of the other sea days were quite interesting.

Roy

I think "interesting" would be a good description of solid water off our Deck 10 balcony door. Twice!!😁

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ctjon said:

Remember we couldn't get our of Reykjavik dock - the wind so strong we couldn't power out - had to wait hours for a tug to arrive

I also remember watching Brilliance of the Seas bobbing in the harbor waiting for us to get out of her way so she could get a little shelter.

Roy

Remember that also.

For people on the upcoming cruise heading to Quebec = there is a major hurricane heading up the Atlantic - has there been any communication from Crystal about what will happen if that cruise conflicts with that weather.   The cruise some of us have been discussing back in 2012 was after a hurricane went through the Atlantic and our weather was horrible - times you had to stay in your room etc.

Hope you don't face the same but I'd be concerned.

16 minutes ago, ctjon said:

Remember that also.

For people on the upcoming cruise heading to Quebec = there is a major hurricane heading up the Atlantic - has there been any communication from Crystal about what will happen if that cruise conflicts with that weather.   The cruise some of us have been discussing back in 2012 was after a hurricane went through the Atlantic and our weather was horrible - times you had to stay in your room etc.

Just out of curiosity, which storm is it?  The NHC only has advisories up for Lee and Jova.  (I haven't had my head in the weather much this week, I admit.  Fall crunch in thee events industry is now underway.)

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I have a feeling Lee may have more of an impact on Quebec to New York.

Roy

If it's Lee we're talking about, it's way, way, way too far away for cruise lines (or even passengers) to make any changes to their plans based on its expected path.  The alternatives are just as if not more likely to be impacted as the original plans.  Everyone just needs more time at this point to get a clearer picture of probability before anyone takes action.

• Like 1

Lee is the one - maybe  right about Quebec to NY but it is a huge storm which will be coming up the Atlantic and the winds and waves can proceed or follow - just a reminder to pay attention.

In 2012 we were not that close to the date but it sure made an impact on the trip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ctjon said:

Lee is the one - maybe  right about Quebec to NY but it is a huge storm which will be coming up the Atlantic and the winds and waves can proceed or follow - just a reminder to pay attention.

In 2012 we were not that close to the date but it sure made an impact on the trip.

The ocean was a millpond as we landed at Keflavik, and on our transfer up to Reykjavik. Went for a walk and discovered Serenity is already here! We did not get anywhere close to the pier area (too far to walk), but oddly, she appears to be tendering today! Of course the new NCL Prima is here as well, and she probably takes up a lot of space! Supposed to be at least three ships in Reykjavik tomorrow!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ctjon said:

Remember that also.

As I recall, we got caught in the remnants of three post-tropical depressions from dying hurricanes. That is what made it so incredibly rough!! We got shut out of Newfoundland on Seabourn Quest last fall due to Fiona! Hoping for better luck this time!