CDC No Sail Order July 16 Update

HaveWeMetYet

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

I took a cruise on the IMAGINATION, which was waiting in the harbor, for your PANORAMA to disembark (a day late) before we could board. A real cluster. To be fair, there were no masks or social distancing because at this time these preventative measures were essentially unknown.

Just saying nobody on my cruise seemed concerned about catching anything...even when they knew COVID could be on the ship.

C1FC37C1-357F-4908-9116-FF65EEBB804E.thu 

Edited by Saint Greg

jimbo5554, My thoughts also about the quarantine, just wondered if you had seen it.  Between the two of us we might run across an updated informational article.  By-the-way, if you still owe any on your Breeze cruise...check your new Breeze planner and look at the final payment date.  My final payment date changed from September back to August. About 2 weeks.  Don

On 7/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing.

This is horrendous news for our favorite cruise lines, IMHO - much worse than the CDC's recent no sail order extension.  The private islands are all located in the Bahamas, and Nassau and Freeport are key stops if available because they're so close to many embarkation ports.  The PVSA still applies and there seems to be almost no pressure to modify it.  That means cruises have to stop in a foreign port.  With the Bahamas out and Cuba out, there's not much left.  

Indeed, the possibilities for cruising are closing from from few down to nil. 
The Bahamas decision - along with the "Nobody from the U.S., please" rules in so much of the world now - should be telling CC members that something is wrong (HINT: It isn't the CDC)

14 hours ago, airdale said:

jimbo5554, My thoughts also about the quarantine, just wondered if you had seen it.  Between the two of us we might run across an updated informational article.  By-the-way, if you still owe any on your Breeze cruise...check your new Breeze planner and look at the final payment date.  My final payment date changed from September back to August. About 2 weeks.  Don

I did see it, I will continue to look.  Our Breeze is paid off with monies from other cancelled cruises, but thanks.  

On 7/21/2020 at 1:30 PM, glrounds said:

I took a cruise on the IMAGINATION, which was waiting in the harbor, for your PANORAMA to disembark (a day late) before we could board. A real cluster. To be fair, there were no masks or social distancing because at this time these preventative measures were essentially unknown.

What are your thoughts about the Radiance replacing Fantasy class sailing out of LB?

38 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

What are your thoughts about the Radiance replacing Fantasy class sailing out of LB?

The Fantasy Class ships that provided the 3 and 4 day cruising out of Long Beach were fine. I always thought they were in great shape (for the shape they're in). 😊 However, I think the RADIANCE is a renamed redone-over ship and would be fine, I guess. The reports of overcrowding probably wouldn't apply to me as I don't use the buffet at the same times the average cruiser uses it and was never all into the showroom attendance like many cruisers that complained of the crowding. For that little short getaway I'll take whatever Carnival gives me, I guess. My main concern is cruising on the PANORAMA again as she goes to 3 of my favorite ports.

My major concern now is avoiding the MASK and SOCIAL DISTANCING which will probably be prevalent at first. Not interested in doing that AT ALL just so I can be on a cruise.

Edited by glrounds