Kids Sail Free? Ummmm When/Where/How????

So I got an email about Kids Sailing Free + Up to $350 Instant Savings.    I have checked at least 10 different trips (over the course of the rest of the year until the end of 2021 and not a single one listed the 3rd guest (kid free).    I even clicked directly on the deal link and selected the first cruise that popped up just to check and that also didn't have the kid sailing free.

What kind of Masters Degree do you need to find a sailing where the kids actually sail free?

Edited by Howie411

I just booked October of 21 cruise on Liberty in a 2br suite with kids sail free.  Me and the wife paid full freight then our two kids (5 and 2) were free.  We added another person to the room after we made that reservation and since persons 3 and 4 were free person 5 got the same rate as 3 and 4 even though person 5 is in their 30s.  I didnt think this was right and was to good to be true but it shows up in the planner now and says paid in full for person 5 with only taxes and port fees charged. 

6 hours ago, Howie411 said:

So I got an email about Kids Sailing Free + Up to $350 Instant Savings.    I have checked at least 10 different trips (over the course of the rest of the year until the end of 2021 and not a single one listed the 3rd guest (kid free).    I even clicked directly on the deal link and selected the first cruise that popped up just to check and that also didn't have the kid sailing free.

What kind of Masters Degree do you need to find a sailing where the kids actually sail free?

It’s kids 12 and under, excludes summer as well as any sailing that has a holiday or a spring break as part of it. 

I have to agree with the OP. NEVER does any booking show the kid as free on the Kids sail Free promo. We are based in Europe, so I'm used to our "deals" looking a bit different (meaning the deal being no deal at all). I have also tried booking the same cruise under different promotions over the last 8 months and I always end up with the same total. The only thing that changes is the amount per person. The lowest I've ever seen for our 3 year old is 133€. Even on the Kids sail Free promo.

• Like 1

Kids sail free deal is only good if you have 2 kids in your room.  If you only have 1 you will not save any money because they up the price of the first 2 passengers.  Last cruise we had kids sail free.  It great for me (2 kids) and I saved about $300, but my brother who only had 1 child in his room would have ended up paying more if they switched to that sale.

The "Sale" banner is intentionally(?) misleading and doesn't isolate the KSF deals..... in  my experience.

The phrase around here is "true kids sail free" as opposed to a "fake kids sail free"

It is possible to book a "true KSF", we've cruised exclusively with these promos, you just need to be willing to continually track pricing to know what you're getting. Most important is check your dates for exclusions. Also remember your taxes and port fees are not included, and there is always funny math with passenger 1 and 2.

We plan itineraries and trips 12-16 months out and so it is pretty easy for us to know when the "sale" actually hits. For last minute bookings or being enticed solely due to the name of the sale I can see how frustrating the process could be!

Edited by NateUpNorth

On 7/21/2020 at 5:30 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s kids 12 and under, excludes summer as well as any sailing that has a holiday or a spring break as part of it. 

Like Ken says above, basically anytime that the kids are NOT in school is exempt from the sale.  You have to pull your kids from classes for a week to be able to take advantage of KSF.  

I am not sure if the OP was only looking at these times when kids are out of school or not.

Another thing to note is that often I have found the KSF offer on RCCL's website saying a sailing offers KSF, but when you get to the final page where you can look at the details of the cost of the cruise, the KSF mysteriously disappears for some reason (even if kids are under 12), so be sure to check this before committing.

Edited by Russ Lomas
add more info

I was looking at one cruise the other day and while it said KSF, by the time I prices it all the way out it never showed up.  It was probably a technical issue.  As other posters have stated, it isn't always cheaper because guest 1 and 2 usually pay more for a room that holds 3 or 4. The final price is what matters not the  name of the sale. You won't see a KSF during typical school breaks either, as the promotion is to entice people at off times.