Hotels in Rome

Minniepnp

On 4/24/2024 at 3:02 PM, Motorman23 said:

Sorry, I didn’t detail my dates, I’m looking for 2025 but assumed pricing would be similar. Too early to get exact pricing just trying to get my ducks in a row…

We noticed prices are much higher (& lots of hotels already showing sold out) for same room in 2025 than today & thinking it has to do with it being Jubilee year. 🤷🏻‍♀️

23 hours ago, wannavacay said:

We noticed prices are much higher (& lots of hotels already showing sold out) for same room in 2025 than today & thinking it has to do with it being Jubilee year. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you so much for the "heads Up"! I just checked our preferred hotel for April 2025 and No Vacancy!!! And the same for some others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nini said:

Thank you so much for the "heads Up"! I just checked our preferred hotel for April 2025 and No Vacancy!!! And the same for some others.

I wonder if it's because of the Jubilee Year celebrations.  Haven't done anything about this cruise yet (4 cruises to deal with first) but was wondering if it was the right time to go to Rome.

50 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I wonder if it's because of the Jubilee Year celebrations.  Haven't done anything about this cruise yet (4 cruises to deal with first) but was wondering if it was the right time to go to Rome.

It's always the right time to go to Rome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Yes, that is what @wannavacay had suggested.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Yes but.... I was answering about hotel prices.  Was also wondering about extra crowds, etc. 

Most of the events will be held at St Peter's Basilica. 

Here is a calendar of events:

https://www.iubilaeum2025.va/en/pellegrinaggio/calendario-giubileo.html

And general info:

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/254346/rome-prepares-for-35-million-pilgrims-during-2025-jubilee-year

As for hotel prices, book as as early as possible.  They can only increase.

You probably can’t get pricing until 9-10 months before you need them. We are planning on April 2025 and that is what I am finding. Hotels don’t show that they are not booking, but show that they are full or pricing is ridiculous. I have a list of hotels I’m looking at, now I just have to try to wait until June before booking

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rocker57 said:

You probably can’t get pricing until 9-10 months before you need them. We are planning on April 2025 and that is what I am finding. Hotels don’t show that they are not booking, but show that they are full or pricing is ridiculous. I have a list of hotels I’m looking at, now I just have to try to wait until June before booking

You can also email the hotel directly and ask.  Often they will reserve way ahead of that time frame and give you better prices. That's what we do.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We’re booked at Albergo Del Senato. I don’t recall, do they have an elevator?  They do have A/C, right?  No pool but does have a roof top bar, I believe. 

Two elevators and air conditioning.  The rooftop bar is lovely.  

• Like 1