Fake, Made Up and Completely Impossible Virtual Cruise Trip Report

I had an e-mail from Cruise Critic referring to this thread and I"m so glad I came to visit.  I am soooo missing cruising, and your photos are inspiring.  I'll even admit to a tear or two, especially the sunset photos from the ship.  When the deck is quiet and there are only a few people out, usually with their cameras, far away sounds from the lower decks of people laughing, and the sound of the waves as the ship makes its way to the next port.  I've been known to miss MDR seatings just to be able to witness the beauty.

Thanks for sharing your photos from memorable cruises.  Now if we can only get the transporter on all cruise ships!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What excursion did you book to take your over to White Bay? Was it through Royal or 3rd party? White Bay and the Soggy Dollar Bar are on my bucket list.

I booked it through Royal.  

• Like 1

Apologize for the pause, I had to rebuild the Royal Transporter, err I mean my computer. 

I took the opportunity presented by a hardware failure to invest in some upgrades that have been overdue but now I'm back, backup restored, NAS upgraded, larger 4k monitors and hard drive screaming.  

Like Empress I chose to upgrade the old and now like Empress my computer is better than ever with only my wallet lighter.  

On with the show... until tomorrow when the delivery truck shows up with the next wave pf parts.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently I had more than I thought in the pub last night but shaking off the cobwebs it's now time to wake up and continue.

Wait a minute... what cabin is this?  

What ship is this?

Where am I?  

Perhaps it's time to stick my head out the cabin...

I guess this is what you get when you dare the Royal Transporter crew after visiting the pub.  Next time I'll stick to Sorrento's Pizza at 1am.

Hmmm...

Could it be...?

It looks like I'm back in Alaska at one of my favorite ports - Icy Strait Point.

RDAK-435.jpg

• Thanks 1

The bus ride up the mountain starts with seeing some local deer right outside the port.

RDAK-448.jpg

RDAK-449.jpg

It didn't take long for the pavement to end and the free back massage began (a.k.a. dirt road in an old bus).

RDAK-450.jpg

With my head above the clouds our driver stops to take in the majestic vista.

RDAK-451.jpg

What a great view!  At least I imagine it could be on a nicer day...

RDAK-452.jpg

• Like 3

With a hint that the mist was lifting I was eager to explore.

RDAK-379.jpg

RDAK-376.jpg

RDAK-374.jpg

RDAK-381.jpg

RDAK-382.jpg

This point was once a fish cannery.  Now there is a museum with shops.

RDAK-386.jpg

That's the thing with weather in Alaska... it can change that quickly.

RDAK-387.jpg

• Like 1

I really want to do that zipline! Right now, though, unless I can get your transporter to get me from my house to Icy Strait, it’s going to be a while before I get my chance.

Thanks for the videos! I’m going to be showing them to DH since I know he will want to do it, too. It may be the selling point that convinces him to agree to my Alaska plans! 😀

I met with the Royal Transporter crew and they think they have exactly what I'm looking for.  More on that tomorrow.  They say they have a surprise upgrade in store for me.  

Until then its time to start thinking about leaving ISP (Icy Strait Point) but no worries, I think I may drop in again here before this thread is over.  Until then, it is after all... 5 o'clock.

RDAK-476.jpg

Not one to be the last on board, it's time.  Pier running isn't in my blood or my aging body.  

RDAK-419.jpg

• Like 3

The ISP sail away is always best taken in... outdoors.

RDAK-421.jpg

RDAK-422.jpg

RDAK-423.jpg

That's a pretty well know glacier in the distance but that's a story for another day.

RDAK-424.jpg

RDAK-425.jpg

RDAK-426.jpg

These pictures do such a poor job.  You really need to experience this in person.  

RDAK-427.jpg

• Like 4