NCL says 1st of the Mutant Ninja Turtle class ships will be delivered in 2022 as scheduled

fstuff1

36 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Does anyone know if there will be a lobster night on any of the Leonardo class ships

:classic_rolleyes:

Yeah, in Ocean Blue. Post Covid pricing will be in effect. $85 menu price or a $55 upcharge if you have the dining package....plus a 30% service charge. 😉

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Haha 2

On 8/6/2020 at 1:55 AM, fstuff1 said:

yep.. normally, ncl names the 1st ship after the class.

ie: Jewel, Breakaway

they should have fired the marketing people for the name 'Breakaway Plus' class. ugg.. 

cant wait for Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo, April and Splinter (?). ehh.. maybe not Splinter.

since they signed for 4 ships and 2 options for 6 total, they might not take the last optioned ship which solves the naming delema. (how do you spell that word?)

As early as in March this year from some discussion on Facebook groups, some people found that NCL had registered 9 new words on US Patent and Trademark Office, which would probably be the names of their new Leonardo Class ships.

These include:

NORWEGIAN AQUA

NORWEGIAN AURA

NORWEGIAN BELLA

NORWEGIAN LUNA

NORWEGIAN OMBRA

NORWEGIAN PRIMA

NORWEGIAN ULTIMA

NORWEGIAN VELA

NORWEGIAN VIVA

13 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

As early as in March this year from some discussion on Facebook groups, some people found that NCL had registered 9 new words on US Patent and Trademark Office, which would probably be the names of their new Leonardo Class ships.

These include:

NORWEGIAN AQUA

NORWEGIAN AURA

NORWEGIAN BELLA

NORWEGIAN LUNA

NORWEGIAN OMBRA

NORWEGIAN PRIMA

NORWEGIAN ULTIMA

NORWEGIAN VELA

NORWEGIAN VIVA

Do you happen to know if those names were for NCLH or just for the NCL line?

Oceania likes words/ships that end with "a" and they have a couple of new ships coming, too. Regent SS likes ships that end with "r", MSC likes ships that end with "a" or start with "Sea...",  and RCCL likes ships that end with a "of the Seas". :classic_tongue:

4 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Do you happen to know if those names were for NCLH or just for the NCL line?

Oceania likes words/ships that end with "a" and they have a couple of new ships coming, too. Regent SS likes ships that end with "r", MSC likes ships that end with "a" or start with "Sea...",  and RCCL likes ships that end with a "of the Seas". :classic_tongue:

I believe these names will be for NCL only, not Oceania and Regent.

Because the names already have the prefix "Norwegian".
image.png.dbfb92057ec8bff39b32ea4dbcb1fafe.png

6 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I believe these names will be for NCL only, not Oceania and Regent.

Because the names already have the prefix "Norwegian".

Thanks.

I can see some of those being ship names but others such as Ombra might be better suited for venues.

4 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Thanks.

I can see some of those being ship names but others such as Ombra might be better suited for venues.

And some of the words are commonly used by other cruise lines, especially those river cruise vessels.

AIDA Cruises also have Aura, Bella, Luna and Prima.

These names seems to be more suitable for the European cruise lines, but not NCL. Just my thoughts.

28 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

These names seems to be more suitable for the European cruise lines, but not NCL. Just my thoughts.

I agree.

Maybe someone can start a thread with suggestions for names for the Leonardo ships....

Ninja-Turtles-miniature-golf-course1.jpg

that has nothing to do with TMNT....:classic_biggrin:

NCL have admitted that they are fully geared for secured lending and have no further capacity in the investors call. They have unsecured capacity. They will not build 6 Leonardo ships is my guess. They simply will not have the money or appetite/ FDR as usual was full of his no discounts  nonsense. He is living in a dream world and now admits that 60% of customers are opting for cash refunds. The FCC is proving to be the con we all know it is !

19 hours ago, hloakes said:

Right now they working on legislation to protect businesses from lawsuits, especially companies that carry passengers. I work for a bus company and without this protection they cannot afford the liability insurance. 

I don't think businesses should be given blanket immunity from suit if their action (or inaction) results in injury or death to someone.  That's a matter for a jury to decide.  If the company has done nothing wrong, they won't have to pay.  If they have violated rules (ie - mask requirements) which results in injury or death to an employee or customer?  Darn right they should pay.

Just like if a restaurant doesn't require employees to wash their hands after using the washroom.  Or doesn't require employees to wear gloves.  Or serves contaminated food.  Why should a company be protected in one case and not the other?  It's all public health.

1 hour ago, Jobeth66 said:

I don't think businesses should be given blanket immunity from suit if their action (or inaction) results in injury or death to someone.  That's a matter for a jury to decide.  If the company has done nothing wrong, they won't have to pay.  If they have violated rules (ie - mask requirements) which results in injury or death to an employee or customer?  Darn right they should pay.

Just like if a restaurant doesn't require employees to wash their hands after using the washroom.  Or doesn't require employees to wear gloves.  Or serves contaminated food.  Why should a company be protected in one case and not the other?  It's all public health.

You are right but if I understand things correctly, even if a company has immunity they can be held responsible if they are negligent. For instance, if the company has a required clean regiment and it is not done they can be held responsible. I think the immunity is more to protect the company from people getting on the bus sick and spreading the virus to other passengers. Our company is primarily a charter service so we have groups contract the bus for an event. After consulting with their insurance company, without the legislation, the cost of liability insurance would put them out of business. 

17 minutes ago, hloakes said:

You are right but if I understand things correctly, even if a company has immunity they can be held responsible if they are negligent. For instance, if the company has a required clean regiment and it is not done they can be held responsible. I think the immunity is more to protect the company from people getting on the bus sick and spreading the virus to other passengers. Our company is primarily a charter service so we have groups contract the bus for an event. After consulting with their insurance company, without the legislation, the cost of liability insurance would put them out of business. 

I completely understand that (I do this for a living, so I really mean it when I say I understand that) but if the cost of protection would put a company out of business, then the company's business model may not be viable.  Unless they want to self-insure for the exposure, then they should hope that their risk is low enough that they will not be put out of business by a suit against them for injury.

In other words, if your business model is such that the inherent risk of operation would cause the company to fold if they had to pay for an injury the business caused or contributed to and they can't afford to transfer that risk to a 3rd party (by purchase of insurance or otherwise) then the business model is not actually workable.

I think costs of insurance will come down as the world gets a handle on what the actual exposures are.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, Jobeth66 said:

Just as you can't sue for getting a cold or the flu somewhere, courts aren't going to let us sue for getting covid especially when we willingly went places.  It's a common risk.. same as you cannot sue Disney for being attacked by wildlife on their property.  What you CAN sue for is negligence. And no waiver can stop you from doing so.  Keep in mind in a negligence suit a jury can find a % of fault among all parties.  They can say you were 50% at fault for not leaving and the restaurant was 50% at fault for not enforcing their mask policy.  The damages are determined and then cut in half. I will be surprised if any suits like this are successful! 

On 8/5/2020 at 7:18 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

The order for Leonardo ships 5&6 has already been made official and funding has already been secured. However, this was back when things were "normal". There are also 2 Oceania ships to be built by Fincantieri that have been financed. 

It's still too early to say that anything will be delivered "on time" or not. It's usually better to wait a few months for the kinks to be worked out of a new ship so being "first" on a new ship isn't something to stress, IMO.  

There is not the funding - Not with the current level of borrowings. 5 & 6 are not even on the design board! The group does ont have the money and if I was the new investors I would be getting nervous. There is no money coming in and start up is still a long way off.

NCL is now over geared and it is anyones guess what pricing is going to be like. I can tell you the competitors are gearing up to  out price NCL and I would not be surprised if the brand s sold. Leonardo will not be 6 ships - you heard here first!!