Got a real scare ( Not another Cancel )

phoneman69

So i was checking the price on a booking we have for the Sensation in January. Doing a fake booking to see if the price had changed. So No Sensation out of Miami in January 2021. Go back pull up the booking double check all the dates, ship & port. Web site say's the ship is now servicing out of a port in Alabama. Did i miss an email telling me my cruise was canceled for January. No not anymore please. No email checked Carnivals web site for canceled cruises not listed. Where's my Ship ? Called my PVP and was told that Carnival was going to announce so that the Sunrise was replacing the Sensation sailings out of Miami. He told me i should be assigned the same cabin type in middle as i had booked already.  What a relief. Has anyone had a ship change done and were you happy with your room assignment or is this something i have to keep an eye on. Looks like the Sunrise is a nice ship but have not sailed on her. (did sail on the Triumph multiple times) Well lets hope the Jan 2021 sail comes off.    

8 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Has anyone had a ship change done and were you happy with your room assignment or is this something i have to keep an eye on.

Keep an eye on this.  Many others, including us, were unhappy with cabin assignments when Breeze replaced the Radiance.

On 8/5/2020 at 6:35 PM, phoneman69 said:

So i was checking the price on a booking we have for the Sensation in January. Doing a fake booking to see if the price had changed. So No Sensation out of Miami in January 2021. Go back pull up the booking double check all the dates, ship & port. Web site say's the ship is now servicing out of a port in Alabama. Did i miss an email telling me my cruise was canceled for January. No not anymore please. No email checked Carnivals web site for canceled cruises not listed. Where's my Ship ? Called my PVP and was told that Carnival was going to announce so that the Sunrise was replacing the Sensation sailings out of Miami. He told me i should be assigned the same cabin type in middle as i had booked already.  What a relief. Has anyone had a ship change done and were you happy with your room assignment or is this something i have to keep an eye on. Looks like the Sunrise is a nice ship but have not sailed on her. (did sail on the Triumph multiple times) Well lets hope the Jan 2021 sail comes off.    

I got my same cabin when I was switched from the Radiance to the Breeze. It was a 4J so I was very happy

5 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

I am sure hoping the same happens to my booking.

thanks

We had two adjoining balcony rooms for Radiance and received the same on the Breeze.  In both cases, there were cabins above and below as we like.  

Good work Carnival.

On 8/7/2020 at 11:51 PM, xDisconnections said:

Ehh, it will always be known as the poop ship to me. Therefore, not an upgrade.

I've been on the Sunrise and the Sensation. I would choose the Sunrise in a heartbeat. Perceptions of previous incidents that have no bearing on anything, mean nothing in comparison to having more meaningful options on a ship.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2020 at 1:53 PM, Joebucks said:

I've been on the Sunrise and the Sensation. I would choose the Sunrise in a heartbeat. Perceptions of previous incidents that have no bearing on anything, mean nothing in comparison to having more meaningful options on a ship.

I have also been on both ships.  You are correct, the Sunrise is a significant improvement.

On 8/9/2020 at 2:53 PM, Joebucks said:

As long as you’re happy with it, I’m happy with it. You just won’t see me on either 👍 

On 8/5/2020 at 6:35 PM, phoneman69 said:

The entire booking is now Gone from my Cruise Manager. I am hoping this just means their in the process of moving everything over. Will have to recheck later to see if booking and ship change were completed.