Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

7 minutes ago, hallux said:

Move on down to where most of us can afford one and I imagine they get smaller.  I imagine these are suites or Haven.

Above is deck 15, on the bridge wing, with the straight down windows of the Spa; B4 Family Balcony and BA Balcony's behind him.

• Like 1

According to the site Whatsinport, the Prima is scheduled to arrive in Reykjavik at 7h00 am on August 25 and depart at 19h00 (7:00 pm) on August 27. The NCL Star will also be in Reykjavik when the Prima arrives.

So the christening should occur either the 26 or the 27 of August

So the inaugural cruise with VIPs on board will depart Reykjavik on September 27 on a 6 or 7 day cruise to Amsterdam, arriving either on the 2nd or the 3rd of September (I can't open the Whatsinport site for Amsterdam)

And the first cruise with paying passengers would start, as scheduled, on September 3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone knows how long would be the journey between Venice and Reykjavik?  Lets assume they will go at normal speed (about 20-22 knots) and wont stop anywhere

I'm just trying to figure out what would be the latest date where the Prima would need to leave the shipyard to reach Reykjavik on time for the christening

32 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

According to the site Whatsinport, the Prima is scheduled to arrive in Reykjavik at 7h00 am on August 25 and depart at 19h00 (7:00 pm) on August 27. The NCL Star will also be in Reykjavik when the Prima arrives.

So the christening should occur either the 26 or the 27 of August

So the inaugural cruise with VIPs on board will depart Reykjavik on September 27 on a 6 or 7 day cruise to Amsterdam, arriving either on the 2nd or the 3rd of September (I can't open the Whatsinport site for Amsterdam)

And the first cruise with paying passengers would start, as scheduled, on September 3

I hope not - "VIPs on board will depart Reykjavik on September 27"  That will interfere with our time!

🙂  Tom

Marghera, Venice - Reykjavik Cruise Terminal, Iceland is approx. 6800km/4200 miles. when drawn in a ship's course (Google Map; right click; measure distance tool).

6800 kilometers = 3671.70626 nautical mile.

With a constant top speed of 21 knots (1 knot is 1 nautical mile per hour), 3671 devided by the speed it would take 174,8 hour. Slightly over 7 days. With perhaps a refuel stop (Gibraltar?) let's say 8-10, max. 12 days?

Passing through in the Med would probably take up half of the total time, once passed the Strait of Gibraltar it's almost a straight course. Unless they refuel at a Cork in Ireland i.e.

Iceland is quite expensive, not sure NCL wants to refuel there. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RVACruiser43 said:

I hope not - "VIPs on board will depart Reykjavik on September 27"  That will interfere with our time!

🙂  Tom

My Mistake   I meant  August 27 to arrive Amsterdam September 3 which is the beginning of the 1rst cruise

28 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Marghera, Venice - Reykjavik Cruise Terminal, Iceland is approx. 6800km/4200 miles. when drawn in a ship's course (Google Map; right click; measure distance tool).

With a constant top speed of 21 knots (1 knot is 1 nautical mile per hour), 3671 devided by the speed it would take 174,8 hour. Slightly over 7 days. With perhaps a refuel stop (Gibraltar?) let's say 8-10, max. 12 days?

Passing through in the Med would probably take up half of the total time, once passed the Strait of Gibraltar it's almost a straight course. Unless they refuel at a Cork in Ireland i.e.

Thanks very much for that information.  So the Prima has to leave Marghera no later than August 13 ish

Still one month for Fincantieri to progress with the remaining work and do the hand-off to NCL

13 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

According to https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/ Prima is due in Southampton on 20th August leaving on the 21st

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 7:59 PM, BenCoudon said:

at fb some postet the cruise for the invited people, not sure if is correct and up to date:

Aug 26 Reykjavik-27 Reykjavik-at sea-at sea-Ringaskiddy ( Cork )-Portland-Le Havre-Zeebrugge-Amsterdam Sept3

that is correct to the portshedule list at Le Havre and Zeebrugge.

On 7/12/2022 at 11:30 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Definitely looking forward to seeing some actual photos of the room & deck as opposed to just the renderings. Also curious about the hot tub and how hot it will be. We're traveling through Iceland, so I'm adamant that I will use it at least one day just because I can... hoping we'll be able to use it more than once though if it's hot enough and I keep the bathrobes nearby.

I will take some pics of room, bathroom and balcony, and also post how the hot tub gets filled, how easy to use and keep clean and hot, etc.  We’ll be in the Caribbean so would probably keep a little less hot at night.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

OV cabin, number unknown.

293942115_10107229014129709_9209468871487917923_n.jpg

Wow... that is small. I booked my sister, BIL and their 2 kids in a family OV cabin for next September. This definitely does NOT look like the renderings. Maybe this is a crew only 'smaller' OV room?

I may need to reconsider and save up some more money to move them into something bigger...

image.png.4d5a57b57aa7bf368e3e968e1b9d33e2.png

• Like 2