Carnival cruise weeks missing for November and December

freewilly

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, it is still showing up in my Cruise Manager.  Assuming you mean the 5 Dec 2020 Southern Carib cruise on Breeze.

But as we all know, it takes a day or two for such changes to percolate through "officially".  I guess we'll see.

When they cancelled a cruise for me in June, it took almost a month for it to drop out of my cruise manager list. A mock booking is a better way of telling if the cruise is still on (all the way up to room selection), but they may be pulling listings when sold out

29 minutes ago, jfaaborg said:

When they cancelled a cruise for me in June, it took almost a month for it to drop out of my cruise manager list. A mock booking is a better way of telling if the cruise is still on (all the way up to room selection), but they may be pulling listings when sold out

In the case of the cruise I booked, it hasn't been available to book for a while - presumably because of capacity limitations, but maybe because of other reasons...

37 minutes ago, skridge said:

I am not typing to them.  Has it ever occured to you that some people scrape every last dime together to go on a cruise and a cruise company tries to act like they will be sailing out of US ports since March and on multiple occasions has canceled knowing full well that they wouldn't be sailing on those dates, but were trying to milk there customers out of every dime they could.  If you are Richie Rich Rich then I'm not talking to you.  Go ahead and send Mr. Arison a check directly to his Penthouse in Miami.

No one is being forced to book cruises with Carnival. If you have to scrape together every last dime to afford a cruise that is your personal situation. But that doesn’t mean every one else is in the same financial situation. The majority of frequent posters on this site go on multiple cruises every year. I think they are more than capable of managing their own finances without your help. 

• Like 3

I don't see my ship listed amongst the canceled yet. I paid for mine before all this went down, so I'm just not booking anything excursion wise and waiting to see if the Conquest gets added to the canceled list. 

If it does get canceled, I'll be fine. It won't hurt as much as my trip to the Amalfi Coast in Italy that I was supposed to take last week!

Edited by maurinsky

8 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, it is still showing up in my Cruise Manager.  Assuming you mean the 5 Dec 2020 Southern Carib cruise on Breeze.

But as we all know, it takes a day or two for such changes to percolate through "officially".  I guess we'll see.

Yes, the same sailing. I checked and mine was still showing up. Not sure if TAs get some type of insider information. She called her to tell her not the other way around. I was hoping they cancel before final payment date on 9/6

On 8/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, bamaone said:

Those that have been around here for a while know that this is how it starts. Soon to be gone.

I have had 4 cruises canceled since April. Booked for February  13 and 2 weeks ago it was showing any longer.  No email yet but it will be coming. I know from experience,  canceled. Just wish they wouldn't  wait til next year to tell me 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:30 PM, BlerkOne said:

Some people have bragged about booking cruises they think will get canceled just to get the OBC.

You don't  keep getting another $600, just once. How would you benefit  to book and get canceled?

2 hours ago, nmstevens said:

You don't  keep getting another $600, just once. How would you benefit  to book and get canceled?

I thought each FCC is separate. so you would get the OBC bonus for those Bookings, but not stacked

20 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

No longer listed in available sailings?  That might be because it has reached the nominal capacity limits that Carnival is supposedly working with. 

Which ship?  Maybe with the Imagination apparently headed for the scrapyard, and possibly another one, there are dancing of ships being orchestrated.

If not listed in your cruise manager, that is a different, more ominous, sign.

Sailing on the Freedom.  It is still listed under cruise manager.

I dunno if the other shoe is about to drop, but:

Carnival Corp just put out a press release about AIDA operations in Europe and the Middle East: basically, a handful of cruises will happen in Nov and Dec, to very specific areas.  All other cruises to areas like northern Europe (Norway & Denmark mentioned, for example) are cancelled for the Fall/Winter 2020/2021 season - I assume this is through March or so, 2021?

"...other voyages planned for the fall and winter season for 2020 and 2021 in the Western Mediterranean, the Azores, Cape Verde Islands and Northern Europe will not take place."

If AIDA doesn't feel like it can cruise in Europe through Q1 2021, I am pretty sure CCL is going to have even more hesitation about the US/Caribbean.

Ugh.

Usually these press releases come out over the course of the day, at "market closing time" for that local area.  The above popped up around noon EDT in the US, which was 6pm Western European time.

I now expect a similar announcement from Carnival Corp about CCL late today, after the market closes.  Ugh.