Carnival cruise weeks missing for November and December

freewilly

Just answered my own question - lots of other sailings still available in Nov & Dec.

EDIT: but my cruise on Breeze, Southern Carib, is not available to book either, while other ones around it are still open.  Maybe also capacity limited?  Hmmm....

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

Just been browsing through John Heald's FB "Community" page, and quite a few folks have been asking about their specific cruise sailing apparently "disappearing".  Throughout 2021, not just Nov/Dec 2020.

JH responded that Carnival has taking certain cruises offline while they load them up with transfer bookings, and they should re-appear shortly.

So perhaps that is the explanation.

:shrug:

12 minutes ago, Je Souhaite said:

that’s the best he can do?  I wish Carnival would be honest and more transparent.

For the Nov/Dec cruises, I would not expect much else.

But some folks are seeing the late-2021 itineraries go AWOL, so the explanation might apply to those cases, which might involve dancing of the ships.  I doubt Carnival is canceling Horizon in Sept 2021.

We're booked on the Pride for Nov 1-15, 2020.   I do not think it will sail.  I think we are all hoping cruising will resume, but I don't think the cruise lines have a choice right now, but to keep pushing the start dates out further.   I think they are canceling them a few weeks at a time to slow down the refunds & FCCs.  We are past final payment & have paid in full.  If we cancel now, we lose our deposit.  So it's the waiting game for us.  Plus we already booked our flights.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, drsel said:

Is it a good idea to book a November 2020 Cruise, just to get 600 OBC when it gets cancelled?

That depends on two (well, three factors):

1. Are you willing to give Carnival your full fare amount after the itinerary gets canceled for whatever period of time before the re-booked cruise date?  Some folks don't have that much liquidity in their cashflow.

2. Are you willing to risk losing that amount should Carnival file for Chapter 11 or other financial flub?  (Not likely, but non-zero chance, some would say.)

And the optional 3. Are you willing to go on the cruise in November should it actually go ahead?

• Like 1

I have thought about the Pride cruise on November 1. It may very well be cancelled. If it is, I would rebook for a similar Journey in January 2023 on the Legend from Baltimore. Only the deposit would be paid for the 2023 cruise from the fare paid for November. The rest could be refunded. If it is not cancelled, I would have to cruise on November 1. I could handle that! In the unlikely event of bankruptcy, I would only lose the deposit.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Some people have bragged about booking cruises they think will get canceled just to get the OBC.

Their choice, if the OBC means that much to them.  Hope they get to enjoy it.

I have other priorities so I won't imitate that move.  

5 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

exactly!!!!!!   I'm getting sick of their  bs excuses when we can see through the bs....... 

All of November and cruises through December 19th on the Panorama is gone!!!  

JH said they're just trying to transfer bookings though. You keep rushing to conclusions! Why would he lie?