Gratuities ??

Bases5

I have pre-paid my gratuities for many years now.  However with all this OBC I have collected I'm thinking  I will use it instead of pre paying.

My question is how does Carnival bill this to your account. Do they charge your S&S daily  or I time at the beginning or 1 time at the end

I was just curious.  I know pre pay shows up as a debit/credit on your S&S about day 2 

11 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

I have pre-paid my gratuities for many years now.  However with all this OBC I have collected I'm thinking  I will use it instead of pre paying.

My question is how does Carnival bill this to your account. Do they charge your S&S daily  or I time at the beginning or 1 time at the end

I was just curious.  I know pre pay shows up as a debit/credit on your S&S about day 2 

Every few days the gratuities will show up. Never all at one time. OBC is usually listed the day of the cruise. However any perks from a TA do not usually show up on the first day. Might not till about the third day.

On 8/17/2020 at 3:56 PM, Bases5 said:

Be sure to print off your cruise documents about a week before your cruise and check to see if all of your OBC is listed. Once you get on the ship, if there's anything (like OBC) that's not listed,  Guest Services won't be able to help you, and you'll have to wait until you get back home to have the issue resolved. We found this out a couple of cruises ago. 

1 hour ago, beachbum53 said:

Be sure to print off your cruise documents about a week before your cruise and check to see if all of your OBC is listed. Once you get on the ship, if there's anything (like OBC) that's not listed,  Guest Services won't be able to help you, and you'll have to wait until you get back home to have the issue resolved. We found this out a couple of cruises ago. 

Been there. Guest services CAN help you. They just have to fax/email head office and you'll need to follow-up.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Been there. Guest services CAN help you. They just have to fax/email head office and you'll need to follow-up.

Perhaps that can only be done before the ship departs the home port, but not after it has sailed away. We didn't discover that we were missing some OBC until we had been on our cruise for about three days. We had to wait until we got back home. I called our PVP and got everything straightened out. Too late for the cruise we were on, but at least it was transferable to our next cruise. 

19 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

Perhaps that can only be done before the ship departs the home port, but not after it has sailed away. We didn't discover that we were missing some OBC until we had been on our cruise for about three days. We had to wait until we got back home. I called our PVP and got everything straightened out. Too late for the cruise we were on, but at least it was transferable to our next cruise. 

Nope. Did it onboard during the second day. It was handled accordingly as one would expect. You should have escalated.

5 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Nope. Did it onboard during the second day. It was handled accordingly as one would expect. You should have escalated.

Oh well. Maybe the person at Guest Services just didn't want to take the time to contact Carnival. Too late to worry about it now. It wasn't a huge amount. Only $50.00. And, I was able to have applied to the next cruise after that.