Special discounted fares through 2021 for healthcare workers

panamapd

9 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

How about a discount for Cops?

The wording keeps changing but historically this discount was offered to all civil servants as well.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/military-discount-rates

ETA:  It's now at the bottom in the Terms section:

Discount rates apply to all to active and retired U.S. and Canadian military, civil service and interline personnel and their spouses, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective organization at the time of booking.

Edited by Até

18 hours ago, Até said:

The wording keeps changing but historically this discount was offered to all civil servants as well.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/military-discount-rates

ETA:  It's now at the bottom in the Terms section:

Discount rates apply to all to active and retired U.S. and Canadian military, civil service and interline personnel and their spouses, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective organization at the time of booking.

Thanks, knew about their Military Discount. but didn't about Civil Servants..

Thanks

17 hours ago, Dogsrawesome said:

They told me I couldn't   get the discount because I was using a FCC from a cruise originally booked before the discount started.

Not true.  We got the discount applied to a cruise we had scheduled for Jan 23 using FCC from a cancelled April cruise.

Call back.  MSC's customer service reps are extremely hit and miss.  Call until you get a good one.

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, weaselwatchr said:

Any one else take advantage of this? I am a pharmacist that does covid vaccines and covid testing for a pharmacy chain. I am trying to figure out what proof they will take from me since I don't have an ID card...

I am in the UK, but as a NHS worker received a discount on a UK MSC Virtuosa cruise in August.   I was asked to book as normal, then email MSC with both a recent payslip confirming both my and my employer's details and my ID card.   They altered the price to include the discount and emailed the new booking confirmation within 48 hours.

So I received a notification from my TA of the info I needed to send to MSC, which I did do, and got a reply from MSC saying that I did not qualify because the cruise was not booked by phone but rather online. I am very disappointed. 

• 1 month later...

My TA said all I need to do is scan my badge and submit it to MSC Health Care Hero @ <mschealthcarehero@msccruisesusa.com> 5 days after submission I received this email below.

Thank you for contacting MSC Cruises. 

Your booking confirmation # XXXXXXXX was re-presented to our management team for further review and verification. 

A review of the reservation indicates it was made via the online portal SABRE. Terms and Conditions state bookings must be made via telephone for the healthcare heroes offer when booking with MSC Cruises directly. The discount internal is only able to be applied to bookings created on the phone. Our department and the supervising team is not able to override this policy unfortunately. Terms and Conditions state bookings must be made via phone OR MSC BOOK,  per https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/healthcare-heroes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If interested, you may cancel and rebook this current booking number with any agent our contact center at 877-665-4655 (Monday-Friday 9 am-7 pm est Saturday-Sunday 9 am-6 pm est). At the time of the call, advise you are interested in a cancel and re-book for the healthcare heroes discount for your current booking number. At that time, they will go over full procedure, recap, and create a new booking with you on the phone. The booking would be subject to potential cancellation fee penalties on the cancelled bk. If you rebook over the phone in the contact center, please advise this email with healthcare heroes proof re-submission and new booking number.

Best Regards,

Audri

HERE IS THE AD FROM THE MSC WEBSITE:

image.thumb.png.2a496a6838176494ca7666053490367d.png

AND HERE ARE THE TERMS FROM THE LINK:

image.thumb.png.b3ff53569b8b193a3daabe931f6eedaf.png

NOTE: The website ad states in bold: Must call to book: 844-544-9177 or call your preferred Travel Advisor.

We would never treat a patient this way and I'm dis-enchanted with this deal as I negotiate with my TA on resolving this marketing manipulation of trust.