Special discounted fares through 2021 for healthcare workers

panamapd

5 minutes ago, drsel said:

This is what a MSC says about the health care worker discount--

The Health Care worker discount is only valid on new reservations and only for doctors that work in hospitals DIRECTLY related to Covid 19.

EXCLUDES
1. Private Doctors/medical staff not employed with hospital facilities and whose specialization are not directly related to Covid-19 (e.g. dentists, orthopedics, dermatologists etc)
2. Any other jobs related to Hospital activities but hired by private companies (such as private cleaning services company, securities or external suppliers)
3. Retired medical staff
4. Researchers working in laboratories which perform general medical examinations.

This is incorrect.  I work in the purchasing dept, my wife in the Acct dept and both of us qualified.  It says in the promotion that support staff are included.

35 minutes ago, drsel said:

This is what a MSC says about the health care worker discount--...

These exclusions are not what is in their website information, do you have a source for your information?  The only thing that is correct is you need to have been working in the healthcare field during 2020.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/healthcare-heroes

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/news/msc-cruises-healthcare-heroes

We have a March 2021 Cruise booked in the Yacht Club. My wife is a nurse. We provided them with a copy of her badge and current pay stub. TA had to cancel and rebook but end result was a $2,000 plus savings on the cabin and a $300 OBC via the labor day sale.

That went so well be booked a February 2021 cruise on the Seaside in the Yacht Club for $2,700 for the cabin plus the $300 OBC.

In over 50 cruises, best deal I've every had the pleasure to take advantage of...

Now...we just need both cruises to actually happen..

This is incorrect.  I work in the purchasing dept, my wife in the Acct dept and both of us qualified.  It says in the promotion that support staff are included.

This is the reply that my travel agent received from an MSC official in USA. 

Maybe both of you are working as support staff in a Covid hospital or ANY hospital which ALSO treats Covid patients.

You have to be a direct employee of any hospital to be eligible.

Even support staff like accountants qualify, as long as you are a directly paid employee of the hospital with the hospital ID card.

They state that temporary or part-time contract workers (like security guards) are not eligible

These exclusions are not what is in their website information, do you have a source for your information?  The only thing that is correct is you need to have been working in the healthcare field during 2020.  https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/healthcare-heroes  

[url=https://www.msccruisesusa.com/news/msc-cruises-healthcare-heroes]https://www.msccruisesusa.com/news/msc-cruises-healthcare-heroes

The source is the email my travel agent received from MSC, USA.

Any one working in any hospital as a direct paid employee of the hospital is eligible. 

As long as the hospital ALSO treats covid patients.

The hospital ID card or badge is required.

The email my agent received from MSC is from the rules below.

I hope this makes everything very clear--

From the website: 

https://www.msccruises.com.au/.../Health-Workers-Promotion.aspx

ELIGIBLE for the promo 

* All Doctors/Nurses/Front line and back office workers employed in the Hospital facilities (eg. Hospital/clinics/Covid-19 centers), who have been directly or indirectly impacted by the Covid Emergency 

* Other related jobs to Hospital services (e.g. Cleaning service staff) only if directly hired by the Hospitals, not from private companies 

* Family Doctors 

* Pharmacists operating during the pandemic 

* Private Doctors and medical figures not employed in hospital facilities ONLY IF their specialization is directly related to COVID-19 diseases (eg. Doctors specialized in pneumology, virologists) 

* Healthcare Volunteers (Ambulance, Social services) who offered their support during the Covid-19 emergency 

* Retired doctors who were called back to service to give support during the pandemic 

* Research Laboratories employees only if they specifically perform COVID-19 tests 

* It is mandatory to provide a certification which can prove to be eligible for the promo. 

NOT ELIGIBLE for the promo 

* Private Doctors/medical staff not employed with hospital facilities and whose specialization are not directly related to Covid-19 (e.g. dentists, orthopedics, dermatologists etc) 

* Any other jobs related to Hospital activities but hired by private companies (such as private cleaning services company, securities or external suppliers) 

* Retired medical staff 

* Researchers working in laboratories which perform general medical examinations.

10 hours ago, drsel said:

I didn't realize you were in Australia, I can't access that page. Rules there may be different.

ETA:  Found link that worked.  Australia rules do seem more strict.

https://www.msccruises.com.au/en-au/Cruise-Deals/Health-Workers-promotion.aspx

Edited by Até

I didn't realize you were in Australia, I can't access that page. Rules there may be different.  

ETA:  Found link that worked.  Australia rules do seem more strict.

https://www.msccruises.com.au/en-au/Cruise-Deals/Health-Workers-promotion.aspx

Yes you got the correct link, but I am not in Australia and these rules are valid for the whole world.

Here is another link from the MSC Canadian website. IT STATES THE SAME RULES.

https://www.msccruises.ca/cruise-deals/health-workers

8 hours ago, drsel said:

Yes you got the correct link, but I am not in Australia and these rules are valid for the whole world.

MSC rarely has a policy that's the same for the whole world.  Other country websites don't have that same wording and their terms wording is much looser.

MSC rarely has a policy that's the same for the whole world.  Other country websites don't have that same wording and their terms wording is much looser.
If both MSC Australian and Canadian websites state the exact same rules word for word, why would they have different rules for other countries?
if you can find any other country website with different rules kindly post the link here.
it would be very interesting to see what the differences are

4 hours ago, drsel said:

if you can find any other country website with different rules kindly post the link here.
it would be very interesting to see what the differences are

See links in post #52 for US site which has less written restrictions:

Who is eligible for the Healthcare workers 'Thank you' special offer?

Our healthcare workers ‘Thank you’ special offer is available globally to all frontline and back office workers from the healthcare industry, including doctors, nurses, and pharmacists as well as all those who work in research laboratories.

The press release:

“To all of them: front line and back office workers; doctors; nurses; pharmacists; those who work in research laboratories; and in fact everyone who is a health worker, at all levels.

Manny other country websites have much more open qualifications, and no list of exclusions.

German site:

WHO DOES THE OFFER APPLY TO?

• All doctors (except dentists and maxillofacial surgeons, dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, gynecologists, orthopedists and urologists) • Employees of hospitals, retirement and care facilities, medical practices, medical services and health authorities as well as their relatives * • Health and nursing staff

https://www.msccruises.de/kreuzfahrt-angebote/programm-gesundheitswesen

Italian site:

WHO IS THE OFFER FOR?

• Doctors • Nurses • The SDGs • Front and back office staff of health facilities • Pharmacists • Laboratory staff • To all their families The rate is valid for all cruises, of any duration, until the end of 2021, for bookings made before 30.04.2021. To book, contact your travel agent or our Contact Center.

https://www.msccrociere.it/offerte-crociera/operatori-della-sanita

I'm pretty sure each country's office will have some latitude as to who they will give the discount.  Some country websites don't even mention the healthcare discount offer and it seems many are making additional restrictions.

MSC US booking site recently added this updated FAQ with the the eligible/not eligible definitions.  It is dated September 10, 2020 but only recently appeared.  So it looks like MSC US is going to make some restrictions versus the press release "To all of them (healthcare workers)...".

Who exactly is eligible for your Healthcare Workers ‘Thank you’ special offer?

Our healthcare workers ‘Thank you’ special offer is available globally to:

All doctors, nurses, front line and back office workers employed in the hospital facilities(eg. hospital, clinics, COVID-19 centers)who have been directly or indirectly impacted by the COVID-19Emergency;

Other related jobs to hospital services (e.g. cleaning service staff) directly hired by the hospitals;

Family doctors;

Pharmacists operating during the pandemic;Private doctors and medical figures not employed in hospital facilities if their specialization is directly related to COVID-19 diseases(e.g. doctors specialized in pneumology, virologists);

Healthcare volunteers (ambulance,social services) who offered their support during the COVID-19 emergency;

Retired doctors who were called back to service to support during the pandemic;

Research laboratories employees specifically performingCOVID-19 tests.

Not eligible for the ‘Thank you’ special offer are:

Private doctors and medical staff not employed in hospital facilities and whose specialization are not directly related to COVID-19 (e.g.dentists, orthopedics, dermatologists);

Any other jobs related to hospital activities hired by private companies(such as private cleaning services company, securities or external suppliers);

Retired medical staff;Researchers working in laboratories which perform general medical examinations.

B2B_PROMO_Healthcare_Workers_FAQ_updated 9.10.20_129926_8703.pdf

• Like 1

Hi. Exactly what do you need to show for this discount. 

My mom and I are sailing in February (hopefully) and she just retired as a nurse working in a hospital for 40 years.  She still has her hospital ID. Is this all that is asked when booking?

Thank you. 

Edited by js

11 minutes ago, js said:

Hi. Exactly what do you need to show for this discount. 

My mom and I are sailing in February (hopefully) and she just retired as a nurse working in a hospital for 40 years.  She still has her hospital ID. Is this all that is asked when booking?

Thank you. 

From what I understand, as long as she worked during the year 2020 (I guess during the months March on)  she is eligible.  You will probably have to send in her last paycheck stub, that's what we did.

2 hours ago, KennyFla said:

From what I understand, as long as she worked during the year 2020 (I guess during the months March on)  she is eligible.  You will probably have to send in her last paycheck stub, that's what we did.

Thank you. 

My TA asked that I email them with my mom’s ID and have them confirm since he said he gets conflicting reports from MSC. If they need paystub that is fine too. 

We have a Royal Suite booked but there arent any others available and although we are flexible with dates there isnt anything for February or March. 

I am also thinking of booking the three day prior to the 7 day in a YC balcony or interior instead of paying for a hotel and meals and drinks for a couple of nights prior to cruise as we usually do. 

I will report back. 

2 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you. 

My TA asked that I email them with my mom’s ID and have them confirm since he said he gets conflicting reports from MSC. If they need paystub that is fine too. 

Our ID is not dated, that's why they wanted the pay stub.

hello

did you have to call to get the discount? i am trying to book online but there isn't a promo code that is working for me

the pdf with FAQs says it is under the stateroom selection but i cant seem to find it. i have only seen a promo code spot at the end where the payment is. no promo code is working for me. 

i work in an emergency department and worked all the way through the pandemic, i even got COVID from work. I would LOVE to take advantage of this deal.

hello

did you have to call to get the discount? i am trying to book online but there isn't a promo code that is working for me

the pdf with FAQs says it is under the stateroom selection but i cant seem to find it. i have only seen a promo code spot at the end where the payment is. no promo code is working for me. 

i work in an emergency department and worked all the way through the pandemic, i even got COVID from work. I would LOVE to take advantage of this deal.

You need to contact a US travel agent. Submit your proof by email

8 hours ago, allisonb22 said:

hello

What I've read is have to call MSC or a TA.