Special discounted fares through 2021 for healthcare workers

panamapd

13 minutes ago, drsel said:

What are the terms and conditions of escape to sea? is it only the basic fare without any addons?

Yes, Escape to Sea is the base, no frills rate.  You only get what comes with the cabin type experience, meaning Bella and Fantastica get no drink package and all below Yacht Club get no internet.

ETA: If you are getting 50% off it makes the All In promo, including Easy package and internet, is a much better deal.  On most sailings All In adds around $200pp per week to the cabin fare, with the Healthcare Hero you get 50% off of that, a pretty good deal.  On YC bookings use the Escape to Sea since a better drinks package and internet are already included so paying more for the All In promo does nothing for you.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

The FAQ states you will have to email documentation before getting the discount.  My bet is the discount will not be given until confirmed by the Existing Reservations department.  And of course it's for new bookings only.

Which supporting document do I need to provide? When are they needed?

Upon booking your cruise, you will be asked to provide us with a valid proof of service. We kindly require you provide us with (1) a copy of your ID card and (2) a certificate of your healthcare certificate/official identification.

Those supportive documents
must be emailed to our contact center at mscexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com to receive the discounted healthcare worker ‘Thank you’ fare. Those same supportive documents must also be brought to the ship at embarkation.

• Like 1

My interpretation:  The best deals are higher cabins on the 50% sailings. 

I've been pricing a Seaside Bella balcony with the retired Two for One deal at $1200/week, when that ended it went back to the Escape to Sea and was $1900/week.  All In promotion added $400/week.  Using this Healthcare discount it will be $1111/week for Escape or $1311 for All In so respectively $89 and $289 less than I could get earlier.  Not a bad deal at all if you feel comfortable with the uncertainty and willing to use the Total CruiseFlex if necessary.

The best deals are the higher cabins which were excluded from Two for One and thus had outrageous prices (Seaside $3900/week for YC interior - which typically can be found for around $2600/week).  On 50% sailings the YC prices are the lowest I have seen.  YC interior at $2100/week, YC Deluxe at $2800/week, Royal for just under $4000/week.  I haven't seen those prices in at least two years or more, if ever.  On the 30% sailings the prices are just okay, fairly typical.  And on the 10% sailings most YC prices have gone up so much it barely helps.  I decided against trying to get the 5% additional on my Fall 2021 sailing, it would also require going from a $98 deposit to a $398 deposit.  I'm sure this is going to still drive a lot of cancellations and re-bookings.  I guess MSC is okay with that, they'll keep the old deposit for a while and get a new $398 deposit.

It's a genuine attempt to drive new bookings and I seriously considered booking this Winter/Spring at these great YC prices but finally decided against it based on my current personal concerns about cruising.  For those with more courage I suspect they will get prices we don't see again.

Edited by Até

It says both front line and background healthcare workers.  Press release:

"To all of them: front line and back office workers; doctors; nurses; pharmacists; those who work in research laboratories; and in fact everyone who is a health worker, at all levels."

The new Labor Day sale (balcony for inside on Seaside, plus OBC, pus kids free) on the US site now makes the lower balcony cabins an even better deal if you aren't needing the extras.  On the same Seaside sailings I mentioned above a Bella balcony combined with the Healthcare discount would now be $919/week and includes $200 OBC, moving to Fantastica would be $40 more.  The only drawback for those is no beverage package or internet, adding those back individually would negate any Labor Day savings and the All In rate would be cheaper.  Aurea balcony cabins end up being the exact same price whether using the Labor Day sale or Escape to Sea, still pretty reasonable at $1661/week.  Though the Labor Day sale gets you the $200 OBC.

Higher cabins seem priced the same so the only Labor Day sale advantage is the Suites and YC gets $300 OBC.  Pretty good seeing as these cabins are heavily discounted under the Healthcare 50% deal.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone has been able to get this Healthcare discount applied as advertised, meaning 50% off of any of the promotional rates.  In the Healthcare discount website description it states: "This special offer is combinable with other promotions*".  Those pesky asterisks with no footnotes keep popping up on the MSC US website.

On the Labor Day sale T&C's it states:

COMBINABLE DISCOUNTS: One (1) of the following discounts may be applied as applicable per stateroom: MSC Voyagers Club Discount; Military Discount; Interline Discount. Applicable to active and retired U.S. and Canadian military, civil service and interline personnel and their spouses, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. Qualifying guests must present an I.D.badge from their respective organizations at the time of booking. Offer is capacity-controlled, subject to availability, cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion and may be withdrawn without notice.

This might be worded to intentionally exclude it from getting the Healthcare discount.

Edited by Até

New to MSC.  I heard about this 50% off deal for health care providers from my travel agent.  We booked a Deluxe Suite Yacht Club (not sure if that is the correct terminology) (Feb/2021) for a total of $2,811.  Is this a good deal?

Edited by Pushkin

New to MSC.  I heard about this 50% off deal for health care providers from my travel agent.  We booked a Deluxe Suite Yacht Club (not sure if that is the correct terminology) (Feb/2021) for a total of $2,811.  Is this a good deal?
Is that for 7 nights ? which Cruise ship? What is the itinerary and which departure port?
What was the price before 50% discount?
Which certificates or ID did you have to email to your travel agent in order to get the 50% discount?

Is that total for 2 people?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

8 hours ago, drsel said:

Is that for 7 nights ? which Cruise ship? What is the itinerary and which departure port?
What was the price before 50% discount?
Which certificates or ID did you have to email to your travel agent in order to get the 50% discount?

Yes, two people.  Meraviglia.  7-day Caribbean (Miami).  $5116 before discount, I believe.

My. husband is a dentist and will need to provide his ADA card.

$398 non-refundable deposit (not happy about that).

1 hour ago, KennyFla said:

Is that total for 2 people?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, two people.

I have to look at the status matching.  We are Elite on Celebrity.  I read the status matching sticky, but I am not sure of the actual benefits -- perks/OBC/future cruise benefits?

$2811 for a week in a YC Deluxe deluxe is a deal that has not existed since I've been sailing MSC, 2017.  Once Seaside came to the US YC Deluxe prices quickly passed $3000 and the best deal I had recently found was about $3700 in 2018.   Over $4000 was now common.  Look at 2022 prices for comparison, a week in February is over $5500 without any discounts.  By the time that sails there will at some point be some discount available, but a 10% discount is usually the average.

Edited by Até

1 hour ago, Até said:

$2811 for a week in a YC Deluxe deluxe is a deal that has not existed since I've been sailing MSC, 2017.  Once Seaside came to the US YC Deluxe prices quickly passed $3000 and the best deal I had recently found was about $3700 in 2018.   Over $4000 was now common.  Look at 2022 prices for comparison, a week in February is over $5500 without any discounts.  By the time that sails there will at some point be some discount available, but a 10% discount is usually the average.

Thanks for the info!  We are really excited to give it a try.  I have heard great things about the Yacht Club.

If anyone is successful in adding the discount to an already existing booking on deposit (without cancelling and rebooking it) please post here. Ive gotten two answers on this so far when trying, unfortunately the yes answer was the day before the discount began so she cohldnt do it. Today the agent and hus Supervisor says only new bookings, however as they told me the other day, thats not a restriction in the discount and it can be combined with the Voyagers discount, also said today they cant. This is typical of them. 

Thanks all

If anyone is successful in adding the discount to an already existing booking on deposit (without cancelling and rebooking it) please post here. Ive gotten two answers on this so far when trying, unfortunately the yes answer was the day before the discount began so she cohldnt do it. Today the agent and hus Supervisor says only new bookings, however as they told me the other day, thats not a restriction in the discount and it can be combined with the Voyagers discount, also said today they cant. This is typical of them.
Thanks all

You have to cancel and rebook to make it a new booking. The rates are the same. No increase so far.

We were able to use the discount to change from a YC interior to a YC balcony on the Meraviglia in January.  We (travel agent) did have to cancel and re-book, but were able to combine with the Labor Day sale and get $300 on board credit.  Total was $2800

• Like 1

We were able to use the discount to change from a YC interior to a YC balcony on the Meraviglia in January.  We (travel agent) did have to cancel and re-book, but were able to combine with the Labor Day sale and get $300 on board credit.  Total was $2800
Which documents did you email the travel agent

4 minutes ago, drsel said:
11 hours ago, KennyFla said:

Which documents did you email the travel agent

We had to send a picture of our work badges

This is what a MSC says about the health care worker discount--

The Health Care worker discount is only valid on new reservations and only for doctors that work in hospitals DIRECTLY related to Covid 19.

EXCLUDES
1. Private Doctors/medical staff not employed with hospital facilities and whose specialization are not directly related to Covid-19 (e.g. dentists, orthopedics, dermatologists etc)
2. Any other jobs related to Hospital activities but hired by private companies (such as private cleaning services company, securities or external suppliers)
3. Retired medical staff
4. Researchers working in laboratories which perform general medical examinations.