Special discounted fares through 2021 for healthcare workers

panamapd

Apparently MSC will be offering up to 50% for "healthcare" workers.  Not sure who that will exactly apply to.  Sale due to start on 31st August 2020.  Hope I can take advantage of it! (Moodie Davitt Report online).

• Like 1

No mention if people can add to existing bookings.  We'll find out soon.  It will likely depend on whether MSC calls it a promotional rate, such as the All In rate,  or an additional discount, like the Civil Service discount.  I've only once been able to change a booking rate without cancelling, and it was very difficult.  I've had many discounts added to existing bookings, but not always easily.

2 hours ago, marcoigna said:

It is 50% off the original pricing which nobody ever pays.  Lets really see the rates.   

If they offer 50% off "Brochure rate" it will be insulting to anyone familiar with MSC pricing.  I can't think of anyone who ever paid the fictional Brochure rate.  I've been wondering why Brochure rate seems to have recently disappeared, and now Escape to Sea seems to have replaced the Two for One rate.  The Two for One (50% off Brochure) rate was considered the standard non discounted, no frills rate.  I hope they're not just playing games with something like this.  They already cheapened the Civil Service discount to a max of 5%.

Edited by Até

1 hour ago, Até said:

If they offer 50% off "Brochure rate" it will be insulting to anyone familiar with MSC pricing.  I can't think of anyone who ever paid the fictional Brochure rate.  I've been wondering why Brochure rate seems to have recently disappeared, and now Escape to Sea seems to have replaced the Two for One rate.  The Two for One (50% off Brochure) rate was considered the standard non discounted, no frills rate.  I hope they're not just playing games with something like this.  They already cheapened the Civil Service discount to a max of 5%.

This was from the press release:

These special per stateroom fares will result in a discount of up to or exceeding 50 percent off the regular rates

8 minutes ago, marcoigna said:

This was from the press release:

These special per stateroom fares will result in a discount of up to or exceeding 50 percent off the regular rates

Well that's confusing, what are the "regular rates"?  I haven't seen the Brochure rate mentioned since they updated the MSC US website months ago.  "Regular rates" to me would be the Escape to Sea and All In rates.  I see the recent promo of the new and improved version of the "Two for One" rate, the one that could be used only on Inside to Balcony, is now gone.  Unfortunately I expect more word/name games to cause consumer confusion and make people think they are getting some great deal.  If they haven't been watching the actual sailings prices and inclusions they will ave no idea.

You all may be right.
it could be just a gimmick to attract attention that get more bookings
After all, there are millions employed in the healthcare industry all over the world and surely they couldn't give a 50% discount on 51 to 55 dollars per night.
it would be financial suicide.

My wife and I were status matched to MSC pre-COVID and wanted to try out the line.  She is a healthcare working but what is the process for booking via this offer?  Will it only be by calling in to get the pricing?

My wife and I were status matched to MSC pre-COVID and wanted to try out the line.  She is a healthcare working but what is the process for booking via this offer?  Will it only be by calling in to get the pricing?

Yes please phone your travel agent and find out the details of how to claim this offer and let us all know

38 minutes ago, drsel said:
2 hours ago, sidari said:
Info released today 50% from now until end of March 21, 30% April and May 21, 10% June to December 21.
No idea if it includes all Experiences as yet.

Where is it ? how do we claim it?

Should be on MSC website where you are, New bookings only.

The promotion states it is combinable with other promotions which is nice but the 50% off is only for cruises through March 31, 2021.  I was looking at a Seaside cruise from Port Canaveral but I will need to look into how they handle cancellations if they aren't cruising by then from the US.  If it gets cancelled and then the offer doesn't apply to when rebooking it may not be worth tying up the deposit at this time.

On the MSC US site all info regarding the promo is currently gone, I'm sure they will get it back up soon.  On the agent site they have more info. 

AVAILABLE TO ALL FRONT LINE AND BACK OFFICE HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS GLOBALLY
  • Applicable for all MSC Cruises sailings through December 31, 2021 excluding the 2021 World Cruise
  • AVAILABLE DISCOUNTS:
    • 50% OFF sailings departing through March 31, 2021
    • 30% OFF sailings departing April 1-May 31, 2021
    • 10% OFF sailings departing June 1-December 31, 2021
  • Discount applicable to cruise only fare
  • Fully combinable with applicable Voyagers Club discount
  • ELIGIBILITY: (Healthcare Worker MUST have been active in 2020)
    • Frontline and Back Office Workers
    • Doctors
    • Nurses
    • Pharmacists
    • Medical Laboratory Workers
  • Valid proof of employment must be sent at time the promotion is applied AND at embarkation
  • Copy of ID card, certificate or other official documentation
  • HOW TO BOOK:
  • MSC BOOK
  • When starting the booking process, select the dedicated promotional code "Thank you - Healthcare workers" at stateroom selection step
  • The discount will automatically be taken into account in the calculation of the cruise fare
  • In case your client is a MSC Voyagers Club member, make sure you also add the loyalty card number in the dedicated field, so that he/she can also benefit from our regular 5% discount

B2B_PROMO_2020-HCW-promo-trade-faqs_129559_8703.pdf

Edited by Até

So I think it is a better deal than the Two for One promotion last month.  1) because it can be used on all cabin types, 2) because it can be used with all promotions, so can be used with All In rate or Escape to Sea if you prefer, 3) it applies to sailings much further out, albeit in lower percentages. 

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to take advantage.  The promo would save me money on one sailing next October that currently has my Civil Service 5% discount.  Using the Health Care discount would save an additional 5%.  I would have to cancel and re-book since there are no cabins left in my category.  I'm not willing to risk losing the cabin for the extra 5%.  It's obviously designed to drive new bookings for the November through April sailings.  The savings on those 50% sailings are nice but I'm not sure that I'm willing to risk getting a FCC if I decide not to sail.  ETA: $398 deposits are back.

Edited by Até

It says "must have been active in 2020". What if I am active in 2020 but retire and my cruise is February 2021?

I know I should call but I am also sure the agent will be guessing.

Can I be active in 2020 and retired in 2021?