Dressy Photographs

RocketMan275

Have booked our first cruise on Norwegian.  I'm well aware that there are no 'formal' nights on Norwegian and that's good.

Wife has a question.  I've lost almost 80 pounds. Wife would like to know if there will be an opportunity to dress up, ie dark suit, and get a few good photographs.

I know on other cruise lines that do have a formal night, there usually are photographers ready to pose you and take some nice photographs.

TIA.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Have booked our first cruise on Norwegian.  I'm well aware that there are no 'formal' nights on Norwegian and that's good.

Wife has a question.  I've lost almost 80 pounds. Wife would like to know if there will be an opportunity to dress up, ie dark suit, and get a few good photographs.

I know on other cruise lines that do have a formal night, there usually are photographers ready to pose you and take some nice photographs.

TIA.

Congratulations on your weight loss success!

There will definitely be photo opportunities!!!

NCL has "Dress Up or Not" nights.  Look for them listed in the FREESTYLE DAILY (onboard daily information).  The photographers tend to set-up in the atrium near the glitzy areas.

there are dress up opportunities, as well as a chance to have pictures taken with the ship's captain.

what i enjoy about ncl is their freestyle. i wear a suit and tie 4 days a week, and on a cruise, i'm always  in jeans and tennis shoes.

i dont need the pictures, and they are certainly not worth the price

20 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

TIA.

We did NCL last year, and most certainly there were nights where the photographers were out with their many set portrait spots with neat backdrops.  You can go casual or go formal, many good opportunities for the best capture of memories, but of course you got to pay for those pictures, LOL.

Edited by chipmaster

On all NCL cruises I have been on, there has been 3-4 different portrait spots EVERY EVENING, and at least 1-2 of them pretty formal - and like mentioned, that is every night.  And even though you don't "have to" dress up any of the nights, you can dress up as often (or as little) as you choose to do yourself, without anyone "raising an eyebrow". On every night of the cruise there will be people dressing up and  there will be people not dressing up, and both choices are totally accepted. 

My husband and I often have our photos taken several nights during a cruise - and then on the last night of the cruise we choose the one(s) we like best and leave the rest....

• Like 1