Princess Announces Its 2021-22 Australian Season!

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

I thought they only ever offered the drinks packages on cruises of more than 7 days.

No, I got the Plus fare on a 6 night cruise to Tasmania. I think Princess is trying to become more competitive against Celebrity.

53 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Yes they are refundable (well they were prior to COVID) or if you cancel your cruise they put them back on your profile for you to use again. I didn't get mine refunded when our cruise in August was cancelled. I just asked them to put them on my profile as I probably knew I would use them again.

They only $100 per passenger. But you can only buy them on a cruise. 

Plus they will extend the expiry date on request, especially at the moment.

• Like 1

And so it comes to pass ... confirmation this afternoon that Princess has sold Sun Princess and Sea Princess.  It seems that Sun Princess is going to Japan Grace as a Peace Boat.  What is to happen with Sea Princess is, I believe, still unknown.

FB_IMG_1600408261269.jpg

Sea Princess is currently off Changi in Singapore and Sun Princess is currently off the coast of Singapore with many of her fleetmates.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

And so it comes to pass ... confirmation this afternoon that Princess has sold Sun Princess and Sea Princess.  It seems that Sun Princess is going to Japan Grace as a Peace Boat.  What is to happen with Sea Princess is, I believe, still unknown.

FB_IMG_1600408261269.jpg

Sea Princess is currently off Changi in Singapore and Sun Princess is currently off the coast of Singapore with many of her fleetmates.

So I definitely won’t be sailing the Northern Explorer in March,good to know, maybe will look at flying to Tassie seeing as borders are open between Qld.
Cheers Carole

Cheers Carole 

7 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

So I definitely won’t be sailing the Northern Explorer in March,good to know, maybe will look at flying to Tassie seeing as borders are open between Qld.
Cheers Carole

Cheers Carole 

Amen to both ships, been on both, but they are getting a little ancient. But Sea is scheduled for the Worldie in May 2021, cancelled?

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Amen to both ships, been on both, but they are getting a little ancient. But Sea is scheduled for the Worldie in May 2021, cancelled?

According to post I replied to although did look for further info but couldn’t find anything

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

According to post I replied to although did look for further info but couldn’t find anything

Cheers Carole

May be the 2021 worldie will be the last sea princess cruise. If it happens that is.

Edited by NSWP

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes - Sea Princess has done the Australian-based world cruises for several years and was scheduled to do this itinerary in 2021. People on that cruise have been cancelling, on the assumption that it will not be going ahead. With the cancellation of the WC for 2020 and the expected cancellation of the 2021 WC, there was an incredible rush to book cabins on the 2022 cruise.

In the first 24 hours, the person keeping the list of CC members registered on the Roll Call, reached 99 people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

FB_IMG_1600408261269.jpg

Curious when your cruise is. The email looks canned And doesn’t say. Just wondering the date. 

11 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

Curious when your cruise is. The email looks canned And doesn’t say. Just wondering the date. 

I am wondering re alleged disposal of Sea and Sun Princesses if it is a scam/fake message, not Princess at all, anyone agree? 

Edited by NSWP

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am wondering re alleged disposal of Sea and Sun Princesses if it is a scam/fake message, not Princess at all, anyone agree? 

I am afraid it does not appear to be a scam or fake. It is being reported by Crew Center and Cruise Capital that they have met their end with Princess.

"Today the popular cruise website Cruise Capital reported that Princess Cruises has sold two of its cruise ships as part of Carnival Corporation restructuring plan to sell 18 ships from its fleet this year amid the Covid-19 pandemic. "

"Princess Cruises is yet to publicly confirm the sale of its two Sun-class vessels."

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I am afraid it does not appear to be a scam or fake. It is being reported by Crew Center and Cruise Capital that they have met their end with Princess.

"Today the popular cruise website Cruise Capital reported that Princess Cruises has sold two of its cruise ships as part of Carnival Corporation restructuring plan to sell 18 ships from its fleet this year amid the Covid-19 pandemic. "

"Princess Cruises is yet to publicly confirm the sale of its two Sun-class vessels."

Yet to confirm, because still taking bookings and the money !!!

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yet to confirm, because still taking bookings and the money !!!

Only for Sea, I think, and if she has been sold they may not have finalised the handover date. Until then she is still part of the Princess fleet and technically scheduled to operate on those cruises that were released before the pandemic that have not yet been cancelled. No new cruises have been released for Sea.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Only for Sea, I think, and if she has been sold they may not have finalised the handover date. Until then she is still part of the Princess fleet and technically scheduled to operate on those cruises that were released before the pandemic that have not yet been cancelled. No new cruises have been released for Sea.

Just checked on Princess site, still taking bookings and your money for Sea Princess 2021 Worldie.  They will probably cancel it after final payment.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Just checked on Princess site, still taking bookings and your money for Sea Princess 2021 Worldie.  They will probably cancel it after final payment.

I don't think many people would be booking on the 2021 WC.😁 One would have to be very very optimistic to think the WC that is due to leave Sydney in May 2021, will really happen.

On the Roll Call for the 2022 WC, several people have posted the comment that they have just now cancelled their booking for 2021 and booked on 2022. When bookings opened for 2022, it was a feeding frenzy.

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, since that was one of the cruises released before the pandemic. It's unlikely to go ahead but I think Princess will wait a bit longer before cancelling it but hopefully they will do so before final payment date.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I don’t believe so. I think where there is smoke there is fire. Too many reputable places reporting this now.  I just don’t things are finalized yet. I asked my PVP about it. He said this:

I understand the concern with the news you are finding on cruise blog sites, however, you can ignore everything that is not directly from the source. At this moment, neither the Sun Princess nor the Sea Princess have been sold to any other company. There are interested buyers, however, nothing has been finalized. If anything were to change your voyage, communication would be sent directly to you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, since that was one of the cruises released before the pandemic. It's unlikely to go ahead but I think Princess will wait a bit longer before cancelling it but hopefully they will do so before final payment date.

I looked at cabin availability on Sea WC, did dummy booking.  I reckon she is about 75% booked out, unless TA's are holding the cabins in block, as they do.

10 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

I don’t believe so. I think where there is smoke there is fire. Too many reputable places reporting this now.  I just don’t things are finalized yet. I asked my PVP about it. He said this:

I understand the concern with the news you are finding on cruise blog sites, however, you can ignore everything that is not directly from the source. At this moment, neither the Sun Princess nor the Sea Princess have been sold to any other company. There are interested buyers, however, nothing has been finalized. If anything were to change your voyage, communication would be sent directly to you. 

Your PVP might be a bit behind the times. I think the rumour that Sun has been sold to whoever runs the Peace Boat company is probably correct, unless it falls through at the last minute.

But I don't think Sea has been sold yet although she may very well be up for sale. The fact that Princess are sending Coral to do the 2022 world cruise and other long cruises, indicates that they don't think Sea will be around to do them as usual.

I've also seen an ad showing Pacific Princess is for sale. 😪

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've also seen an ad showing Pacific Princess is for sale. 😪

Pacific Princess has been up for sale for a while now....

I would not thought Princess would say that they are sending her down-under in 2021-2022, just to pull the rug from all the Aussies who have booked cruises on her.

4 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Pacific Princess has been up for sale for a while now....

I would not thought Princess would say that they are sending her down-under in 2021-2022, just to pull the rug from all the Aussies who have booked cruises on her.

I believe when/if Pacific Princess is sold, the passengers already booked on her won't be a consideration.  

I wish an Aussie benefactor would buy her and run cruises around Aust/NZ/South Pacific islands. It is such a shame as we live on an island in a beautiful part of the world with most cruises designed for Northern Hemisphere passengers.  

• Like 1