Lift and Shift...domino effect. Anyone had this situation?

DrKoob

We are in a domino situation that I have not been able to come to a solution that works for us so I am wondering if anyone has been able to deal with this. Here's the situation: 

We had a Celebrity Flora Galapagos cruise cancelled on us in August. Final payment had been made and we took an FCC and rescheduled to next July. Then we had a winter river cruise with Viking scheduled for December (European Christmas Markets) which has now been cancelled and moved to 2021 with an FCC. 

Now we are supposed to go to South America with X in early 2021. We want to Lift and Shift this to May of 2022 and X is saying that is too far. But due to the domino effect of cruises being cancelled and rebooked, we can't be away from my job for that many days over that time period. If we move it to May (instead of January when they want us to go) we will be fine but they are balking at it. 

Anyone been able to push a lift and shift into 2022? Would love to hear how you did it.

Jim

This is from their description of L&S

Lift & Shift can only be made once and must be done by September 30, 2020. Bookings for 2021 sail dates may shift to 2022 sail dates as long as the decision is made by September 30, 2020.

Have you plugged your booking info into the online tool at https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C&program=liftshift

If there is a sailing which meets the criteria of +/- 4 weeks, same days, same basic itinerary etc I don't understand what their reasoning for denying would be.   I know the expiration of FCC's sail by is very early may so I wonder if your desired sailing is beyond that May 4, 2022 date.

We did a L & S of a February 2021 cruise to February 2022.  It was within the 4 weeks +/- of the original sail date.  It sounds like your problem is not that you want to move to 2022 it is that you want to move your booking beyond the 12 month +/- 4 week period.

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We did a L & S of a February 2021 cruise to February 2022.  It was within the 4 weeks +/- of the original sail date.  It sounds like your problem is not that you want to move to 2022 it is that you want to move your booking beyond the 12 month +/- 4 week period.

My thoughts too. We also had no problem shifting to 2022, but keeping within the ± 4-week period. Additionally, the new cruise must sail no later than May 4.

We had to cancel and rebook (sort of). Our cruises were for Jan 2021 (B2B which we were uncomfortable taking with current world situation); unfortunately we already had another B2B scheduled for Jan 2022.  We ended up canceling and rebooking one of the Jan 2021 legs to Sep 2021, and pushed the other Jan 2021 booking out to the last booking available in 2022 (which we have no intention of taking) as a place holder.  We will move that booking again to late 2022 or early 2023 once itineraries are released.  What this did for us was allowed us to keep our “on board booking incentive,” nor did we pay and cancellation fees with Celebrity or our TA, but on the downside we had to pay going rate and received current offered perks.  Good Luck!

We are not in your situation, but have a similar issue. We are booked on Equinox in January 2021 for a 12 night cruise that we feel won’t take place. We can L&S to January 2022 but we already have Edge booked for January 2022. The eligible Equinox Cruise ends 3 days before the Edge Cruise departs. We tried to L&S to a 10 night cruise on Edge that makes it a B2B and Celebrity would not allow it. The 10 night Edge cruise is currently about $500 Less for 2 people than the 12 night Equinox. I know the rules state we cannot move from an S Class to E Class but we are losing 2 nights and X stands to make more on the 12 night Equinox than the cruise we are looking to book.

Oh well an extra 3 nights in FLL is not the end of the world. Plus we can find a laundromat to wash all of our clothes and play a couple of rounds of golf. 

What about cancelling the Equinox cruise and moving the deposit to the 10 night Edge if you want a B2B on the Edge , giving up 2 nights at a $500 savings  is not bad..   Or as you say you can spend 3 extra nights in FLL.

• Like 1

Something similar happened to us, when making the L&S of 2 Caribbean cruises in Feb 2021, they would merge with the 2 of the Caribbean in Feb 2022, we decided to cancel the 4 and book a B2B for April and May 2022; Panama Canal plus Pacific Coast.

We are in a domino situation but it is a bit different. We had a Boston/Canada cruise scheduled for October 2020. We lifted and shifted it to 2021 before it was canceled. However, we have a 30th Anniversary Greek islands cruise booked on the Apex for October 2021. We’d love to lift and shift that one to 2022 before September 30th but that schedule isn’t out yet. 

I hope you are able to get something worked out.