Which Mediterranean Romance and Farewell Cruise?

Bookited

Which Mediterranean Romance and Spanish Farewell Cruise for 2021? Trying to decide between 26 day Westerdam that includes Olympia and Lisbon and 29 day Zuiderdam that includes Casablanca and Canary Islands.  Both leave from Venice and other ports are mostly the same. Knowing the choice is up to us we value input from others who are familiar with Mediterranean cruises.

Nothing to see in Casa In my opinion except for the Hassan 2 Mosque. I am there on a regular basis, and there are far more beautiful cities in Morocco. ( by the way, Morocco is safe, just don’t “shout”  that you American).

The Canary Islands are very diverse. Which island is on your itinerary? I recommend Tenerife ( Pico del Teide), Lanzarote (volcanic activity and architectural gems) and La Palma ( amazing nature). Fuerteventura is just beach and great if you love Naturism ( nude sunbathing, bliss if you dare).

Olympia is probably Katakolon. Olympus is nice as a site, but the hinterland is also beautiful.

Lisbon is one of the gems of Europe. Amazing. Please take your time to wander around on your own, get lost in the streets, listen to some music and enjoy a pasteis de belem. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bookited said:

Which Mediterranean Romance and Spanish Farewell Cruise for 2021? Trying to decide between 26 day Westerdam that includes Olympia and Lisbon and 29 day Zuiderdam that includes Casablanca and Canary Islands.  Both leave from Venice and other ports are mostly the same. Knowing the choice is up to us we value input from others who are familiar with Mediterranean cruises.

Zuiderdam has an overnight in Funchal, Madeira.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Despegue said:

Which island is on your itinerary? I

Stops in Tenerife and La Palma for the Canary Islands.  It’s a unique TA with lots of ports.

14 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Zuiderdam has an overnight in Funchal, Madeira.

One of the most beautiful places IMO and happy it overnights there 😄 

• Like 1

I would always take Casablanca and the Canary Islands over Lisbon and Katakolon, although I loved visiting the ancient Olympics site. 
The former ports are a lot more exotic. Besides that, the latter ports are easier to visit on other itineraries. 

19 minutes ago, whogo said:

Whichever you choose, watch out for All Saints' Day closures.

Very good point!

Westerdam will be in Malaga on November 1st, so everything will be closed.

If you intend going to Alhambra in Granada, then it will be open (book your tickets early online)

I have no idea about Dubrovnik on November 1st (for ZDM).

24 minutes ago, whogo said:

I'd take the longer cruise on the Zuiderdam and consider adding her previous 12 day cruise to Istanbul, if you can swing it.

I am also contemplating the Zuiderdam sailing.  On Nov. 1 the ship is scheduled to be in Dubrovnik, Croatia.  

On the Westerdam, the ship is in Malaga, Spain on Nov. 1.

Thank you for mentioning.

2 hours ago, whogo said:

I'd take the longer cruise on the Zuiderdam and consider adding her previous 12 day cruise to Istanbul, if you can swing it.

Seriously looking at that option. Thanks 

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am also contemplating the Zuiderdam sailing.  On Nov. 1 the ship is scheduled to be in Dubrovnik, Croatia.  

On the Westerdam, the ship is in Malaga, Spain on Nov. 1.

Thank you for mentioning.

The Archaeology Museum in Naples was closed during our port call on November 2, 2016, because it was open on All Saints' Day, November 1. Cruisers were disappointed.