Marina B3 Extended Balcony or A3 Concierge Balcony

tromvest

Would like some opinions.We are new to Oceania and currently are in an A3 Concierge cabin (deck 9) for a Mediterranean cruise next October . Some of the B3 extended cabins have now opened up.  Is the more expensive A3 category worth it?

If I decide to move to the B3 cabin (deck 7) which one(s) would you suggest?

Thanks.

Julie

1 minute ago, tromvest said:

Would like some opinions.We are new to Oceania and currently are in an A3 Concierge cabin (deck 9) for a Mediterranean cruise next October . Some of the B3 extended cabins have now opened up.  Is the more expensive A3 category worth it?

If I decide to move to the B3 cabin (deck 7) which one(s) would you suggest?

Thanks.

Julie

The B3 is the best value on the ship   giant veranda  can fit a chaise on it !!!   ...... The A3 are only regular verandas in size....and you get a few perks..      Go for the B#3

We only take the B3 cabins. The extended balcony with 2 lounge chairs are great. The ones more aft are better than the ones forward- much less windy. Our personal favorites are 7111 and 7108 as they are the first of the more aft B3s and instead of a partition, have a railing facing both forward and out the side. No privacy from above, but the extra space and view is a good trade off. 

depends ..personal choice really

If you will be on the ship  a lot then maybe you would enjoy the  extended balcony more

If you will be ashore  most of the day the Concierge may be of more value  as you can order  a hot breakfast in the morning  & dinner from the GDR menu if you do not feel  like rushing to get to the the GDR or Terrace  after touring all day

The cabin themselves are the same size

JMO

8 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

depends ..personal choice really

If you will be on the ship  a lot then maybe you would enjoy the  extended balcony more

If you will be ashore  most of the day the Concierge may be of more value  as you can order  a hot breakfast in the morning  & dinner from the GDR menu if you do not feel  like rushing to get to the the GDR or Terrace  after touring all day

The cabin themselves are the same size

JMO

If I’m in a B3 is there not a hot breakfast room service menu available?

2 hours ago, tromvest said:

If I’m in a B3 is there not a hot breakfast room service menu available?

No....but the cabin size makes eating in it an adventure..  Even in a Penthouse it is marginal eating at the food of the bed...... only in the upper suites is it enjoyable to dine in... unless its on finger food, in my experience.

We enjoyed the Penthouse suite the most.   I can never understand the criticism of the table at the bottom of the bed but each to his own obviously.  We have also had the A cabin with a  large balcony at the aft part of the ship  Very nice.   A concierge cabin seems a poor compromise to us.  The accommodation space in Concierge is the same  as in an A cabin it just has a butler but is somewhat more expensive.    It is really what is important to you and what makes your holiday the most enjoyable.  You "gets what you pays for" is a saying in the UK which sums it all up.   J

2 hours ago, Jay23 said:

The accommodation space in Concierge is the same  as in an A cabin it just has a butler but is somewhat more expensive.    It is really what is important to you and what makes your holiday the most enjoyable. 

The Concierge cabins are  " A" category  & no butlers

You may be thinking of the R ships with the Aft A cabins  none on the O class ships

We have been in the A cabin on the Riviera and found the hot breakfast nice, but as earlier noted, the dining space is a challenge. The amenity that we enjoyed was unlimited access to the spa sun deck with the comfortable lounges and the open air thalassotherapy or whirlpool.  Of course, day passes are available for others in B and below staterooms.  We were booked on the Marina in one of the extended balconies but got a last minute upgrade to a Penthouse which also had the extended balcony.  Unfortunately, we were spoiled with the PH3 and the extra room, but not the price.  IMO the B3 stateroom with the extended balcony aft is the best value on either Marina or Riviera.

17 hours ago, shank63 said:

we were spoiled with the PH3 and the extra room, but not the price.  IMO the B3 stateroom with the extended balcony aft is the best value on either Marina or Riviera.

Speaking strictly about the size and location of the Stateroom, you may be correct.

For additional Dining options and amenities, however, as well as the additional services of a Butler, which can add great value to the enjoyment of an Oceania cruise, I would always be tempted to book the Suite. 

Different people, different priorities  🤭

19 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The Concierge cabins are  " A" category  & no butlers

You may be thinking of the R ships with the Aft A cabins  none on the O class ships

Not "Aft" cabins but cabins near the back of the ship but looking out to starboard or port with the extended balconies and not the ones towards the pointy end is what I meant!!!!!!    It is all so difficult to describe.   We have also been in a Penthouse on an R ship which has the larger bathroom.   J

1 hour ago, Jay23 said:

Not "Aft" cabins but cabins near the back of the ship but looking out to starboard or port with the extended balconies and not the ones towards the pointy end is what I meant!!!!!!    It is all so difficult to describe.   We have also been in a Penthouse on an R ship which has the larger bathroom.   J

Thanks for clearing that up

Just to add the extended balconies  are B3 on deck 7   or PH

PH are probably nice  but not in some people's budget  (me)  LOL