Just for hope, next cruise ship (MSC Magnifica) set sail this week - sail away Video.

ziggyuk

Wonderful, yet another ship returns to service! I confess to feeling a mixture of happiness in seeing this happen, along with a sense of vindication since for months I read on these pages the pessimistic predictions of "no more cruising in 2020." (which I never believed) But I'm choosing to focus on the positive, this is great news and a hopeful sign for the industry.

• Like 2

It may not last for long.

Italy is back in triple digits for daily deaths as it reported 123 covid deaths today. The daily death toll has risen rapidly the last 7 days. Hospitalizations are rapidly rising. Lockdowns and quarantines are the only effective measure to bring it back down.

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Blame the US government, not NCL. The cruise lines would be happy to restart with all of the latest safety protocols. 

Blame the virus, not the US government. If the virus didn't exist, if people weren't dying in large numbers, there would be no reason for any government anywhere in the world to have to react to the virus in order to protect their people.

• Like 3