Excursions April 2021

adstz

We are booked for a California Coastal in April 2021. I understand that you will only be allowed off the ship on a ship sponsored tour. (yes, I know this may change before then)

I was looking at the excursions for San Diego. There is one called "San Diego Zoo On Your Own". How is wandering the zoo "on your own" any different from getting your own transportation to the zoo and wandering around? This would break the "ship bubble" and expose the participants just as much as doing the whole thing on your own.

I am not trying to cause trouble but I really don't see the reasoning behind this. 

Or - will they change all the excursions to ones where you have zero exposure to other people? 

I just don't see how all this will work.

All the speculation about tours is strictly that speculation. Nobody really knows at this time. Personally I don’t see myself cruising again until there is a vaccine and hopefully that will be required by all cruise lines the way that some countries require certain vaccinations before you can visit them

If they restrict you to P's tours, you will see all of the on your own shore excursions cancelled.

We're sailing at Christmas and not received any definitive info on requirements. There is info on the P website but P has  not put it into practice yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, patrickmoran said:

If they restrict you to P's tours, you will see all of the on your own shore excursions cancelled.

We're sailing at Christmas and not received any definitive info on requirements. There is info on the P website but P has  not put it into practice yet.

sorry, but no way you are sailing on PRINCESS at this Christmas - no matter what the website states

• Like 1

15 hours ago, adstz said:

I was looking at the excursions for San Diego. There is one called "San Diego Zoo On Your Own". How is wandering the zoo "on your own" any different from getting your own transportation to the zoo and wandering around? This would break the "ship bubble" and expose the participants just as much as doing the whole thing on your own.

I just don't see how all this will work.

On your own for this excursion is as you described, transportation to/from the Zoo and zoo admission. Once inside, you could do whatever you want.

However, as others pointed out, Princess procedures for when cruising resumes have not been published yet and any description of any tour may not be correct and any tour listed might not actually occur.

Yes, it does make it difficult to plan. But you will need to wait to see what really will be offered if your cruise does take place.

If you want to, you can book and pay for this tour now. If the tour gets cancelled, you will get a refund. If it gets modified to the point you do not want to take it, you can cancel and get your $$$ back.

22 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

The key will be whether the White House overrules the CDC when the no-sail order expires. Ships are sailing in Europe now. Carnival and Royal Carib have cruises scheduled for early December.

FLORIDA, FLORIDA, FLORIDA only if cruising resume in December.

The emphasis is on them providing transportation, so everyone is from the ship, has been previously screened, etc.  You get transportation on your own you are introducing an "unknown" factor in your exposure to the virus. 

The zoo is currently doing this, but my guess is the ship's tour has a set time for entry, very much like they do in Italy for the Vatican, etc.:

Due to current social distancing procedures, expect a wait time of up to 3.5 hours to enter the Zoo on Saturdays and Sundays during October. Health screen required for all guests prior to Zoo entry. No same-day re-entry permitted

Edited by pcur