Great Sale

Sir PMP

1 minute ago, omago4th said:

I couldn't see it so that's why I asked, thanks,   if this is true there goes my cruising days

and what about the world  that's scheduled.   

sure a sad situation now days

Yes, I don't think they care a hoot about the world cruise, they're just interested in the 7/10 day trips.

1 hour ago, omago4th said:

I've spent many day's on both those ships, as well as Amsterdam and Rotterdam,  I do not care for the larger ships

this just makes me  very sad, I have  cruises booked on Zaandam.

I hear ya there. Sad indeed

1 hour ago, sagavista said:

Fred Olsen paid a lot less for the Rotterdam and Amsterdam - I think I will wait for the "buy one get one free coupon" in my local PennySaver before I pay $50m each for the Zaandam and/or Volendam.

If you look at the add, it says 'negotiable bring offer' that's how desperate they are..

Here is vacationCharlene’s post 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2720133-july-17-2021-vov-bostonboston-35-days/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-60383057

here is what she said:

I thought this might clear up some of the confusion and would ask that everyone please try to check sources before posting. The following was posted on the Holland America Line Fans Facebook page by Liam Cusack, Admin for the page:

Notice to all members. There have been several members posting about HAL ships listed for sale on websites such as Yactworld, QPS, Workboat, and a few others. These listings are not true.

These websites are dubious sources. Any one can list a ship for sale on these websites, even if they don't have the legal right to do so. If you look at these websites you'll see ships that no longer exist for sale.

In the future I will be deleting from the group any posts from these websites. The posts on these websites suggesting the ZAANDAM & VOLENDAM are for sale are not true.

If Holland America Line were to sell these ships, they would not be listed online by companies such as these. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you. Liam P. Cusack, Admin.

• Like 4

Some HAL ships, specifically the former Prinsendam, had been listed for many years before any buyer was found.  No reason to think that 2020 is any different.  Unless, the financial condition of CCL requires an attempt to find a buyer for the last of the R Class ships.

If they would be sold, their loss from the HAL fleet would be a very sad day for me.  So many, many good memories from my experiences on Volendam and Zaandam.  

14 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Here is vacationCharlene’s post 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2720133-july-17-2021-vov-bostonboston-35-days/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-60383057

here is what she said:

I thought this might clear up some of the confusion and would ask that everyone please try to check sources before posting. The following was posted on the Holland America Line Fans Facebook page by Liam Cusack, Admin for the page:

Notice to all members. There have been several members posting about HAL ships listed for sale on websites such as Yactworld, QPS, Workboat, and a few others. These listings are not true.

These websites are dubious sources. Any one can list a ship for sale on these websites, even if they don't have the legal right to do so. If you look at these websites you'll see ships that no longer exist for sale.

In the future I will be deleting from the group any posts from these websites. The posts on these websites suggesting the ZAANDAM & VOLENDAM are for sale are not true.

If Holland America Line were to sell these ships, they would not be listed online by companies such as these. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you. Liam P. Cusack, Admin.

How do she know this?

4 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

It is a post from the Holland America official Facebook page

Is it the “Fans” page or an official HAL FB group?  Not trying to be difficult, but if it’s just a fan group that has less weight then if HAL itself made the post.  There are many HAL related FB groups but they are just run by non-HAL people so unless they have some special HAL hook, they don’t know anymore then the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KirkNC said:

Is it the “Fans” page or an official HAL FB group?  Not trying to be difficult, but if it’s just a fan group that has less weight then if HAL itself made the post.  There are many HAL related FB groups but they are just run by non-HAL people so unless they have some special HAL hook, they don’t know anymore then the rest of us.

I don't do Facebook.

Anyone can list any ship (without owner's permission) on yacht world.... it's just a method for brokers to attract offers which they could then present to the ship's owner with hopes of having them consider the offer and making a commission. These ads were not initiated by HAL. Yachtworld.com is the not what HAL would use to sell a ship! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lido - Lanai said:

Anyone can list any ship (without owner's permission) on yacht world.... it's just a method for brokers to attract offers which they could then present to the ship's owner with hopes of having them consider the offer and making a commission. These ads were not initiated by HAL. Yachtworld.com is the not what HAL would use to sell a ship! 

So, they just decided to post a few ships with a price for fun?

12 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

So, they just decided to post a few ships with a price for fun?

The broker (QPS Marine Ships) chose a price they hope might attract an interested party. I'm sure they're aware of HAL's financial situation and hoping HAL might consider any reasonable offers. Personally, I don't think HAL is actively considering selling these two ships...... if cruising continues to be delayed, all bets are off! 

People lift all kinds of information and create  websites.  Whole online retail websites are lifted in a single hack.   Sometimes it is a come on, sometimes it is a scam.    I could create a website in 20 minutes to sell a cruise ship, easy peasy.   I am pretty durn sure CCL doesn’t need anyone’s help.  They know who is in the market.   When need called this spring  they sold quite a few ships rapidly 

• Like 1