Independence Summer 2021 sailings modified again?

15 minutes ago, hotwheels920 said:

These are the two cruises overlap that I mentioned.  The 3-night cruise is new from when I booked the May 22nd cruise just a few weeks ago.  

So I looked again and today I see it.  The short ones in May are out of Fort Lauderdale and then the new ones they recently added out of Miami. Maybe @Ourusualbeachor another TA can look and see what they see from that view.  One thing to note--you can't actually book that one on the 28th, you get an error if you try.  So I think it's a 'ghost' still showing in the system but not really there.  

6 minutes ago, rockmom said:

So I looked again and today I see it.  The short ones in May are out of Fort Lauderdale and then the new ones they recently added out of Miami. Maybe @Ourusualbeachor another TA can look and see what they see from that view.  One thing to note--you can't actually book that one on the 28th, you get an error if you try.  So I think it's a 'ghost' still showing in the system but not really there.  

Looks like Indy is being totally switched over to 3/4 nights all the way through November. 

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like Indy is being totally switched over to 3/4 nights all the way through November. 

Ugh, really?  Because the 6 and 8 night ones still allow booking, but that one 3 nighter at the end of May does not.  I was able to do mock bookings for the longer ones. only that 3 night one out of FLL came back saying 'oops, we've circled the globe', blah blah

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

Ugh, really?  Because the 6 and 8 night ones still allow booking, but that one 3 nighter at the end of May does not.  I was able to do mock bookings for the longer ones. only that 3 night one out of FLL came back saying 'oops, we've circled the globe', blah blah

There are 3/4 night itineraries loaded in the system just not available to book. This is going to be disappointing for so many. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are 3/4 night itineraries loaded in the system just not available to book. This is going to be disappointing for so many. 

I really thought they'd swap to all 7 nighters.  I hope they let those affected know soon.  This is our 4th rebooking of a southern and we made peace with the fact that it wouldn't be southern if they had to cut one of the nights.  

Edited by rockmom

41 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I really thought they'd swap to all 7 nighters.  I hope they let those affected know soon.  This is our 4th rebooking of a southern and we made peace with the fact that it wouldn't be southern if they had to cut one of the nights.  

32 minutes ago, hotwheels920 said:

Blarg.  I had high hopes of getting to the Southern Caribbean, too.  It's a dream vacation for me, well, hopefully I'll get to do it one day.  As long as I get on a cruise ship in 2021 and enjoy the humidity making my hair frizz, I'll be a happy camper.  lol

8 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Oh no, I am booked on several Indy 6 and 8 nighters, from June to August. 

Was the Indy doing 3/4 night cruises before they changed her to 6/8 night cruises.  Maybe I’m seeing old cruises.

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was the Indy doing 3/4 night cruises before they changed her to 6/8 night cruises.  Maybe I’m seeing old cruises.

Indy replaced the Brilliance in Miami for Summer 2021, taking over the 6- and 8-night cruises. 

What is Royal's "protocol" when they cancel a cruise... I have a 6 night booked in August (JS) and was wondering would I be "price protected" and or would a L&S be possible to the 6 night Symphony in Auguest 2021.  Thanks...really confused and potentially really bummed out.   

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If I recall, she was doing 3/4 nighters out of FLL through the end of May.  Then with that big shift at the end of September, the Brilliance cruises out of Miami were moved over to Indy and all of us on Brilliance on the 6 or 8 nighters were moved to Indy.  Then new cruises on Brilliance out of Tampa were opened up.  

Brilliance to Indy.JPG

Here I thought we made out when our Brilliance of the Seas July sailing was moved to Independence.  Something does seem to be in works, inventory seems to have been seriously adjusted downward on the few sailings I checked with no 3 passenger rooms available and only limited guarantee categories for 2.  Reached out to our TA to see if they can provide any insight

On 11/6/2020 at 2:35 PM, rockmom said:

I'm on one of those 8 night sailings and have been doing daily checks for price drops. Last night I noticed the huge drop in availability.  I have been hoping that they'll let us know soon than later if they are swapping us to 7 nights, making all the Indy sailings 7 night rather than alternating 6 and 8 night runs.  I know that means losing my southern ports (again!), but at this point, I'll take what I can get.  I do hope if they cut it to 7 nights that those of us losing a night get some sort of price adjustment or OBC (a girl can dream, right?)  

We are in the same situation as you.  We were really looking forward to the Southern itinerary and an 8 day cruise and now that looks doubtful.  2020 sucks.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:05 PM, Tall-Cruiser said:

Ken - How about those cruises to S. Caribbean? Doesn’t RCI usually keep those as 8 Nights if sailing from Florida? I’m asking since I have a Symphony 8 night next summer 2021. Thanks 

Symphony 8 night is still showing for some reason but the Indy 8 night cruises are gone for booking

8 hours ago, hotwheels920 said:

Blarg.  I had high hopes of getting to the Southern Caribbean, too.  It's a dream vacation for me, well, hopefully I'll get to do it one day.  As long as I get on a cruise ship in 2021 and enjoy the humidity making my hair frizz, I'll be a happy camper.  lol

It seems the world is against us getting on a cruise ship in 2021 just like it is in 2020.

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was doing 3/4 night cruises before it got moved.  Unfortunately, I think the 3/4 night ones may be the norm again.  Uggh..

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

We are in the same situation as you.  We were really looking forward to the Southern itinerary and an 8 day cruise and now that looks doubtful.  2020 sucks.

Symphony 8 night is still showing for some reason but the Indy 8 night cruises are gone for booking

@Russ Lomas  I just went into Royal's site and I can pull up Indy in both July and August with the 6/8 nights still.  I'm still holding out hope that worst case they shorten them to 7 nights and do an Eastern or Western since I don't think they can manage Southern in just 7 nights.  

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

It was doing 3/4 night cruises before it got moved.  Unfortunately, I think the 3/4 night ones may be the norm again.  Uggh..

If it was doing 3/4 night cruises before it took over the cruises for the brilliance then the cruises that I am seeing may well be those old cruises

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

What is Royal's "protocol" when they cancel a cruise... I have a 6 night booked in August (JS) and was wondering would I be "price protected" and or would a L&S be possible to the 6 night Symphony in August 2021.     

Assuming the cancellation happens while CWC is in effect, you get the 3 CWC choices: refund, 125% OBC or L&S. L&S is only possible forward 48-52 weeks.  You might get a choice of a price protected sailing, but not sure if there are any comparable ones then.

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Assuming the cancellation happens while CWC is in effect, you get the 3 CWC choices: refund, 125% OBC or L&S. L&S is only possible forward 48-52 weeks.  You might get a choice of a price protected sailing, but not sure if there are any comparable ones then.

Lift and shift applies only to sailings prior to April 2022 so the last sailings that can be shifted are ones that sail in May 2021.

Guests are eligible to move their reservation under the Lift & Shift guidelines between now and November 30, 2020 to sailings departing through April 2022 only. After this point, Lift & Shift will expire and is no longer available.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lift and shift applies only to sailings prior to April 2022 so the last sailings that can be shifted are ones that sail in May 2021.

See other thread where someone already successfully L&Sed past April '22 - might be a glitch, but RCI may allow L&S well into '22.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:05 PM, Tall-Cruiser said:

Ken - How about those cruises to S. Caribbean? Doesn’t RCI usually keep those as 8 Nights if sailing from Florida? I’m asking since I have a Symphony 8 night next summer 2021. Thanks 

I also have a Symphony 8 night next August 2021 and hoping by then things may have gotten better so the the 8 night will still be a go.