CELEBRITY are you reading these threads as to how unhappy the customer is??

emmas gran

My guess is that the folks at Celebrity have a good handle on what percentage of their customer actually read or post on cruise critic.  Even if it is probably low single digits.   Same for the other cruise lines.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iancal said:

My guess is that the folks at Celebrity have a good handle on what percentage of their customer actually read or post on cruise critic.  Even if it is probably low single digits.   Same for the other cruise lines.

I'm not sure how would they know if their customer reads CC forums, even attempting to keep track if a poster states they're booked in the X forums and roll calls would be a fulltime job and that's only with CC, there are other cruise forums plus reddit. 

I don't see much value to X knowing that 5% vs 35% of their customers are active on cruise forums.  Like most cruiselines, X expects and is used to receiving some bash lash for every change they make.  It seems several times a week, someone on the CC X forums replies to a tread with negative a comment about the Edge Class and often their comment has little to nothing to do with the OPs original question/statement. 🤣

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, basenji56 said:

And don't forget--unless they extend it--all FCCs must be used by early May 2022.  And only one can be used on each cruise---no stacking.

Does anyone know how long it takes X to refund your money once they wake up and cancel the 10 day cruises in January? Definitely not interested in FCC and they have had our money long enough. 

1 hour ago, buckeyecruisers said:

Does anyone know how long it takes X to refund your money once they wake up and cancel the 10 day cruises in January? Definitely not interested in FCC and they have had our money long enough. 

Believe it is 30 to 45 days.  I agree that FCC is a non starter for me as well.  Cruise prices certainly will be higher over the next few years to 1. Make up revenue and 2. Get people to use up the FCC that is expiring at a rate that negates that 25%.

Lift and Shift seems like the best option if it works out for you schedule wise as many of us have great perks on currently booked cruises that will look even nicer a year later vs. the higher priced all inclusive rates we are seeing. 

If not an option, get your refund and wait your days for it to process.  Enough it enough.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 9:59 AM, upwarduk said:

What I can’t understand is that the Edge itineraries have been cancelled and all Edge cruises will now be 7 days ( in the hope that passengers don’t develop COVID-19 while on the cruise). But, they then offer passengers replacement cruises on Silhouette which are either 10/11 day Caribbean cruises.
Really?

Both are cruises sailing out of US waters under the CDC rules.

Why is it ok then for Silhouette to do 10/11 day sailings, but not Edge?

I asked the same thing.  I was told they were cancelling the Edge cruise I had booked in 2022 and replacing it with a Silhouette cruise.  I asked why and the rep actually said because we care about our staff and customers.  When I asked why they didn't care about the staff or customers on the other ship of course she couldn't answer.  I said I was fine with transferring to the Silhouette, was assured same length and itinerary.  They would send an invoice in 48 hours.  I waited a week, called today and found out that no such replacement cruise existed.  They said they would call me back tomorrow with an alternative but the cost would be at the prevailing rate.  They have lost my husband and I, if I have to pay this much for a cruise I would prefer a premium line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

Just curious.  What do you like about the changes?

I wasn't the person you asked, but I have the same opinion.

Note, first, that "not unhappy with the changes" does not mean the same thing as "I like the changes."

To me (18 CC points shy of Elite), the loyalty program for cruise lines don't factor into my choice of which sailings to consider. The style of the line, quality of the food, customer service, price for value received, schedule, etc. are important, but because we do not go on cruises that frequently - although it has been about once per year for the past several years, almost exclusively transoceanic - we tend to book suites on Celebrity when we sail them. All of the benefits of Elite that are important to me are wrapped into the Retreat booking packages for our Celebrity trips so far (and the one currently booked for 2022). Other benefits that are not included for suites might be nice to have, but they are really not a significant consideration and are not missed when we don't get them.

The loyalty programs that are important to me are hotels (free breakfast, room upgrades) and airlines (upgrades to first on domestic, priority boarding, luggage allowance, etc.). I have lifetime elite status on at least a couple of each of those. The cruise line loyalty programs appear to only provide decent benefits for the upper level members, not so much for the lower levels. Getting to those upper levels takes a lot more time and money than I put into obtaining the hotel and airline status, particularly when the majority of those program points came from travel for my company at the time or travel to/for my clients now.

Understand, this is the situation for me and my wife. I would not suggest that the same necessarily applies to anyone else. Any people to whom loyalty program benefits are important are perfectly justified in considering downgrading benefits to be a negative action by Celebrity. If I had spent a significant portion of my vacation time and budget traveling with Celebrity and reached the Zenith level, I would almost certainly be in the "irritated by the changes" category. As it is, I am neither happy with the changes nor significantly inconvenienced by them.

• Like 2