Balcony question on Explorer of the Seas

jcb91777

Scroll down the link above... there's a clear photo of a deck 7-10 balcony.

Deck 6 balcony below

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/explorer-of-the-seas-186/member-3/40108

All side balconies of Adventure, Explorer and Voyager are encapsulated within the hull of the ship, so all side balconies do not have glass that go right down to the floor. Only Navigator and Mariner have "normal" balconies with glass to the floor as these balconies are not built within the hull of the ship

2 hours ago, jcb91777 said:

Do all of the balconies have glass under the railing?  I've seen videos where some are solid and some others have glass.  Is there a difference based on deck?

This was our balcony 7250 on Explorer October 2019.

Graham.

Screenshot_20201207_194032_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20191007_140806.jpg

Edited by grapau27

Here is a photo of Explorer of the Seas. It looks like there are not any glass balconies. - click on this link for a large photo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorer_of_the_Seas#/media/File:Explorer_of_the_Seas,_Fremantle,_2015_(03).JPG

EDIT: I zoomed in really close and even though it looks like the balconies are enclosed in the hull, the center of each balcony has a railing and glass. 

Edited by SG65CB

33 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Here is a photo of Explorer of the Seas. It looks like there are not any glass balconies. - click on this link for a large photo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorer_of_the_Seas#/media/File:Explorer_of_the_Seas,_Fremantle,_2015_(03).JPG

EDIT: I zoomed in really close and even though it looks like the balconies are enclosed in the hull, the center of each balcony has a railing and glass. 

not on deck 6

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jcb91777 said:

What's the cabin number?

This was from 2016 and I can't find any info on the cabin number.  I do see from the other photos that it was a junior suite.  We almost always choose deck eight or nine on Explorer but cannot confirm the location of this one.

There were 5 " Voyager" class ships....some have balconies on the OUTSIDE of the hull....and those are glass.  Some ships have the balcony built INTO the hull...and they are metal.   You will find you do most of your "ocean gazing" while standing at the rail....it's not a big deal either way.

31 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

There were 5 " Voyager" class ships....some have balconies on the OUTSIDE of the hull....and those are glass.  Some ships have the balcony built INTO the hull...and they are metal.   You will find you do most of your "ocean gazing" while standing at the rail....it's not a big deal either way.

As was explained above, by @Hoopster95, Voyager, Explorer and Adventure have balconies which are part of the superstructure and Mariner & Navigator have balconies that are appended to the outside of the superstructure.

And many people like to "do their ocean-gazing" while seated or reclining.

• Like 1