NCL May Restart In Europe Before The U.S.

njhorseman

Well with Europe apparently recovering while US cases increase and the US not scheduled to get its second batch of Pfizer vaccines until July, it would make sense to target Europe first.

https://www.statista.com/chart/22102/daily-covid-19-cases-in-the-us-and-the-eu/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/07/pfizer-vaccine-doses-trump/

The problem as I see it is that the majority of NCL's customers are American and they are not allowed in to Europe yet so I would imagine they will have trouble filling a ship with just EU citizens. That and some ports are still closed, Barcelona (and all the other Spanish ports) for example.

• Like 1

Greece is closed as well. Italian ports close Dec 21st til Jan 6th.

So except for the Canary Islands pretty much else is currently closed. And as for the Canary Islands you can´t even go to Madeira as this would be an international cruise and Spain does only allow national cruises.

steamboats

what good is starting in europe if you cant get into any ports?  we're booked on the spirit in april, ( assuming its not cancelled) and 2 of the ports i'm most interested in are istanbul and haifa.  the cruise leaves from athens, and we're planning on staying over at the end. if we cant get  into greece, turkey or israel, i would just as soon cancel the entire cruise

It just says that it might happen that they are cruising in Europe before they are cruising in the US. Yes, currently almost all european ports are closed.But it might be that the european ports open earlier than CDC does allow cruising.thats the only thing which is said. at the moment you can`t cruise anywhere(except canary islands),but in future you might be able to cruise in europe earlier than in the US. And in this case and if this situation will be for several months it is at least NCL`s duty to at least think about it.

• Like 1

Until vaccines get this turned around, I sure don't see any US sailing activity for a long time.  It is increasing at a fast rate, as predicted.  Tennessee a month ago was reporting between 1500 and 2000 new cases a day with maybe 20 to 30 deaths a day.  It has been going up and up .  Yesterday's report is 6000 new cases for the day and 100 deaths.