3 to 2 in a cabin

devinc

Tried to search this with no luck... 

We have a cabin for three booked and paid for but only two will be able to make it due to a school schedule change.  Is it best to call and notify them or have the third no show?  And, if no show, do we tell them at embarkation?

Thx

15 minutes ago, devinc said:

Tried to search this with no luck... 

We have a cabin for three booked and paid for but only two will be able to make it due to a school schedule change.  Is it best to call and notify them or have the third no show?  And, if no show, do we tell them at embarkation?

Thx

You have them no show and do nothing.  What can be refunded, will be.

Depends on when the sailing is.  Assuming you have paid in full, your cruise may be in the next cancellation window. If you paid it all because because you were rebooking a cancelled cruise but are not in the final payment window, you will get the third person's money back.  It may mean they move you to a cabin for only two.  But with reduced capacity rules still uncertain they might leave you in the same cabin.  Best to call and ask.  EM

• Thanks 1

I would have them be a no show at embarkation.  You will be reimbursed for port fees/taxes and gratuities if pre-paid.  We have a 3 person room booked on Panorama in Havana area.  3rd person may not go, however, there not any Havana rooms left, so we will let her be a no show.

The answer to the original poster's question really depends on when they are scheduled to cruise, whether or not the sailing they are on is likely to be cancelled by Carnival due to covid, what rate they are booked under, and whether or not the deposit on a 3rd person is refundable or non-refundable. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, loanshark said:

The answer to the original poster's question really depends on when they are scheduled to cruise, whether or not the sailing they are on is likely to be cancelled by Carnival due to covid, what rate they are booked under, and whether or not the deposit on a 3rd person is refundable or non-refundable. 

Yep.

• Like 1

I agree you should call Carnival.  If the third person can get a refund, and you can keep the same room, that would be ideal.  If not, don't do anything as the cruise could get cancelled and everyone gets their money back.  If the cruise sails, as others noted, the taxes and fees would still be refunded for the third person who doesn't show. 

14 hours ago, lazydayz said:

I agree you should call Carnival.  If the third person can get a refund, and you can keep the same room, that would be ideal.  If not, don't do anything as the cruise could get cancelled and everyone gets their money back.  If the cruise sails, as others noted, the taxes and fees would still be refunded for the third person who doesn't show. 

This as well.

We usually cruise this very week right before Christmas every year.  One year we planned to take my adult son, staying in the same cabin with us.  He was unable to go at the last minute.  We told them at check-in, but that was it,  He was just a no-show, and we ate the cost of his cruise.  Unfortunate things happen, and we just accepted it.  I don’t recall receiving a refund on port charges, but that would have been minimal compared to the cost of the cruise.  We understood that it is reasonable and just that we still had to pay the cost of his cruise.  Not saying anyone here is disputing that.  I think we are all pretty much in agreement.   Wish we could ALL be getting ready to board right now!

1 hour ago, devinc said:

Yes...  My bad...  Our Jan 21 has already been cancelled.

This one is in Jan 2022.  Thx

If you have a rare Havana for 3 and you cancel the 3rd person before the sailing, you have a higher chance for being moved to a 2 person Havana cabin.  If you do nothing and tell them on board (or not, if you tell GS they aren't showing up, it will save them some work trying to see if they are onboard), you will not be re-assigned at last minute

55 minutes ago, loanshark said:

For a cruise that is still over a year out, I would call them and ask them what would happen if you cancel the 3rd person.

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

If you have a rare Havana for 3 and you cancel the 3rd person before the sailing, you have a higher chance for being moved to a 2 person Havana cabin.  If you do nothing and tell them on board (or not, if you tell GS they aren't showing up, it will save them some work trying to see if they are onboard), you will not be re-assigned at last minute

^this^