Empress June

RCI notified us that they sold the Empress and the Majesty. RCI canceled our September, 2021 cruise on Majesty from New Orleans. Since we lifted & shifted it from this year to 2021, we could not do anything on-line and had to call an RCI rep, who processed our 3 booked cabins quickly for a refund of deposits, as well as our cruise planner items. The rep said the refund will show up on our CC in approximately 45 days, which is fine.

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1

I posted on the other Empress thread. We have an 11 day cruise on the Empress, end of August, Cape Liberty to Montreal, booked thru an online TA.

Yesterday I did get an email from Royal telling me the cruise was no more and I would be receiving whichever/whatever money I applied to the cruise, either in FCC or back to my CC whichever we wanted. Since we paid for this cruise with FCC that is what we will get back, dollar for dollar.

On the RCCL site, on my account, the cruise is still listed, but now we officially know it isn't.

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

I posted on the other Empress thread. We have an 11 day cruise on the Empress, end of August, Cape Liberty to Montreal, booked thru an online TA.

Yesterday I did get an email from Royal telling me the cruise was no more and I would be receiving whichever/whatever money I applied to the cruise, either in FCC or back to my CC whichever we wanted. Since we paid for this cruise with FCC that is what we will get back, dollar for dollar.

On the RCCL site, on my account, the cruise is still listed, but now we officially know it isn't.

Cheers

Len

Curious are you saying that even though you paid all with FCC you will get a full refund to your credit card?  I have a May cruise booked with a FCC & not sure if I should pay the balance which is due 2/7. 

40 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Curious are you saying that even though you paid all with FCC you will get a full refund to your credit card?  I have a May cruise booked with a FCC & not sure if I should pay the balance which is due 2/7. 

If the FCC was a result of a global suspension then Royal is allowing that to be refunded.  If the FCC if from a sailing you cancel under CWC then it will be reissued as FCC

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If the FCC was a result of a global suspension then Royal is allowing that to be refunded.  If the FCC if from a sailing you cancel under CWC then it will be reissued as FCC

Thank you for clarifying. 

What if Empress was the ship you lifted and shifted to? Will they allow you to lift it again to another ship with price matching the category you booked.?

Not sure though who would ever lift and shift to Empress.........

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What if Empress was the ship you lifted and shifted to? Will they allow you to lift it again to another ship with price matching the category you booked.?

Not sure though who would ever lift and shift to Empress.........

Nope, refund or FCC only.  Already reported by someone with that very example. 

On 12/24/2020 at 7:15 PM, LorraineP said:

Sorry if I didn't make myself more clear.

We had FCC in the amount of $900 and we applied this amount to our Empress cruise, when we booked. So, now that this cruise has officially been cancelled we will get back $900 in FCC and NOT the 125% that other may get who paid cash and will opt for FCC instead of a credit back to their credit card.

I hope that clarifies it.

Cheers

Len

I had a cruise booked through TA using normal FCC and was told by Royal agent that I would get back my FCC in 30-45 days.  Might possibly get an extension of time to use the FCC, wasn't sure.  There might be an option for actual cash if it was another type of FCC however since was not my case.

Since I booked through a TA with a group sailing the rep couldn't provide specifics about my particular case and I had to call the TA.

One thing he mentioned and I have not tried it yet is there might be a possibility I could book without cash since I had an FCC refund in process.

On 12/24/2020 at 6:15 PM, LorraineP said:

On which ship is the final payment due in Feb.? Unless RCI cancels the cruise first - you need to pay the balance or cancel the cruise on or before the final payment due date. To do nothing is the worst option! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

On which ship is the final payment due in Feb.? Unless RCI cancels the cruise first - you need to pay the balance or cancel the cruise on or before the final payment due date. To do nothing is the worst option! 

Final payment for the May 23, 2021 Oasis out of Bayonne is 2/7

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

I had a cruise booked through TA using normal FCC and was told by Royal agent that I would get back my FCC in 30-45 days.  Might possibly get an extension of time to use the FCC, wasn't sure.  There might be an option for actual cash if it was another type of FCC however since was not my case.

Since I booked through a TA with a group sailing the rep couldn't provide specifics about my particular case and I had to call the TA.

One thing he mentioned and I have not tried it yet is there might be a possibility I could book without cash since I had an FCC refund in process.

All FCC's regardless of how they were issued now have an apply by and a sail by date of April 30, 2022.

Yes you can book without a deposit while your FCC is being processed....call your TA