When will next round of cancellations be announced?

Zuluboudreaux

3 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I'm really hoping they cancel thru the end of May.  People want to know now so that they can make alternative vacation plans -- in advance.  

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would start making a plan B. June optimistic for mock cruises. 

I think a plan C would be more appropriate for vacations since you really should wait until your vaccinated to go away.  Better to be safe at this point.  But with the "me attitude" of the majority of Americans........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I think a plan C would be more appropriate for vacations since you really should wait until your vaccinated to go away.  Better to be safe at this point.  But with the "me attitude" of the majority of Americans........

How do you know who is vaccinated or not? I got my first shot last week. They are pushing here to double next week, doses short this week again, but maybe next week they will gear up.... though I think I took my dads appointment. I used my email for all 3 of us and no name on it, but today I got 2 sign up emails and now they got names on them. So I'd guess 2 weeks early. Puuuush.. it does seem more people than doses here tbh. The first sign ups I think were meant for age 75 and older, I'm 65 and older. So by march I'll be ready to go. I signed up asap. 

Plan B . I'm going to be ready to plan a vacation soon.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

How do you know who is vaccinated or not? 

My plan C revolved around people should stay at home and not go on vacation until they are vaccinated.  This way they have a 95% chance of being safe.  But the me generation will go away this summer and make alternative plans even without being vaccinated 

On 1/18/2021 at 4:18 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

Looks like you're not updated when it comes to the news.  This is what happens when people think they know better than "the experts".

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-escape-mexico-avoid-coronavirus-restrictions-now-surging-2021-1

Not sure why you think I am not updated to the "news".  My wife is a nurse, I've been dealing with this crap since it got to the US and we both need a vacation.  We have been staying home, wearing masks, and watch the numbers rise as lockdowns and mask wearing has gone up. Talking down to me for "thinking I know more than the experts" is laughable.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 2:20 PM, VentureMan_2000 said:

I got my final payment due date changed to 45 days out for my May 8th cruise.  I figure we should have announcements of further cancellations by Mid February, before my final payment comes due.

Hi.  How did you get your final payment due date changed? Did book through the cruiseline or a TA?  I also have a May 8th cruise booked (on the Dream).  I booked through a TA.   Thanks. 

Hard to find an alternate vacation. The virus is everywhere (save a few South Pacific Islands) and the usual activities for food and fun are greatly reduced. I've taken a couple of trips to Baja and conditions are really bad there. Horrible stories of people passing, and so many suffering after the initial exposure. 

All I can do is sit on the porch at the beach and yell at the ocean to "get off my sand."

• Haha 1