When will next round of cancellations be announced?

Zuluboudreaux

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The only ports that have been mentioned in the start up process have been Miami and Port  Canaveral  followed by Galveston. 

Carnival has mentioned when they intend to start in various ports. They have scheduled, and sold tickets for both New Orleans and Long Beach in March. I can see Panorama is in Long Beach now. I can assure you they did not sail from CZ because they are running low on Sriracha sauce. They are here to fulfill the requirements of the Court and the CDC. If the fat lady sings in Atlanta after the simulated cruise, they will cast off the bow line on March 6th with paying pax aboard. This is California, where we get things done. Other than Miami I have not heard of a Carnival ship in any other port getting ready to resume operations.  

22 minutes ago, Moviela said:

Carnival has mentioned when they intend to start in various ports. They have scheduled, and sold tickets for both New Orleans and Long Beach in March. I can see Panorama is in Long Beach now. I can assure you they did not sail from CZ because they are running low on Sriracha sauce. They are here to fulfill the requirements of the Court and the CDC. If the fat lady sings in Atlanta after the simulated cruise, they will cast off the bow line on March 6th with paying pax aboard. This is California, where we get things done. Other than Miami I have not heard of a Carnival ship in any other port getting ready to resume operations.  

Daydream Believer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fyi, since someone asked earlier, a response to a deleted post will be removed if it quoted the deleted post . Too often an informative , long, on topic post will have some political or personal snarky stuff tacked on at the end.....not only does that post go but all responses quoting it. 

2 hours ago, Moviela said:

Carnival has mentioned when they intend to start in various ports. They have scheduled, and sold tickets for both New Orleans and Long Beach in March. 

Just because Carnival has sold tickets on ships to sail out of New Orleans and Long Beach in March does not mean that it will be reality that they will actually sail in March.

Carnival has sold various cruises of 8+ days in length that are against the CDC rules until November 1.  Unless the CDC changes their ban, those cruises will not happen, even though Carnival  has sold space on them.  

In a similar fashion, there is a hierarchy as to when the ports will open for Carnival and at best, Long Beach is in slot four and there is a 0% chance of this happening in March. 

I'll come back to this thread on April Fools Day to prove I was right, kind of ironic, huh?

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Daydream Believer.

Yup.

Edited by SNJCruisers

12 hours ago, Host Carolyn said:

Fyi, since someone asked earlier, a response to a deleted post will be removed if it quoted the deleted post . Too often an informative , long, on topic post will have some political or personal snarky stuff tacked on at the end.....not only does that post go but all responses quoting it. 

OK, thanks for the explanation @Host Carolyn.

16 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Carnival has sold various cruises of 8+ days in length that are against the CDC rules until November 1. 

I'll come back to this thread on April Fools Day to prove I was right, kind of ironic, huh?

Yup.

The CDC rule prohibits the sale of 8 or greater day cruises after a date certain, but does prevent them from sailing with previously booked passengers. Ex-post-facto laws are not allowed.

I will include you in a toast on the forward deck of Panorama with a top shelf cognac during the sail away from Long Beach on March 13, 2021. 

19 hours ago, Moviela said:

This is California, where we get things done. Other than Miami I have not heard of a Carnival ship in any other port getting ready to resume operations.  

Imo carnival wouldnt open a port where restaurants and maybe hotels are not open for people to use before a cruise. Some have to fly in for instance. Would private parking lots usually open pre covid be open? You need some infrastructure to reopen a port too.  

Cdc says carnival has to have arrangements locally if someone gets covid and the ship has to turn back. Another area sounds like calif not ready for. Are the hospitals ready and hotels if some are required to isolate?

• Like 1

Firefly makes some good points. There is adequate infrastructure to run the port. Hotels are open, though many are closed. I see a lot of cars in the parking lot at Maya hotel just up the street from the Dome. Restaurants are open for take out, but there are none within even hiking distance from the port. Parking at the port is currently not operating, but the private operator will open as soon as it is needed.

I am sure there are hotel operators that would open for isolation if needed. Next door Orange County currently has tens of thousand rooms empty. Hospitals are an issue for discussion. Many are reporting maximum patient loads, with 100% of intensive care beds taken. I have great empathy for those afflicted and suffering in hospital. What is being reported is not the full story. Many hospitals are not full. Maximum patient load means they are lacking the staff to treat more people. The shortage of workers is caused by hospital administrators that are so tight they squeak when they walk. Staff is currently asking for proper compensation to work the long hours asked by the hospitals, and of course the hospitals are crying they have  short arms and low pockets. 

It looks to me like all the ducks are quacking and ready to sail. The simulated cruises will allow fine tuning of the operating protocols, and I think all parties will be satisfied.

2 hours ago, Moviela said:

Firefly makes some good points. There is adequate infrastructure to run the port. Hotels are open, though many are closed. I see a lot of cars in the parking lot at Maya hotel just up the street from the Dome. Restaurants are open for take out, but there are none within even hiking distance from the port. Parking at the port is currently not operating, but the private operator will open as soon as it is needed.

I am sure there are hotel operators that would open for isolation if needed. Next door Orange County currently has tens of thousand rooms empty. Hospitals are an issue for discussion. Many are reporting maximum patient loads, with 100% of intensive care beds taken. I have great empathy for those afflicted and suffering in hospital. What is being reported is not the full story. Many hospitals are not full. Maximum patient load means they are lacking the staff to treat more people. The shortage of workers is caused by hospital administrators that are so tight they squeak when they walk. Staff is currently asking for proper compensation to work the long hours asked by the hospitals, and of course the hospitals are crying they have  short arms and low pockets. 

It looks to me like all the ducks are quacking and ready to sail. The simulated cruises will allow fine tuning of the operating protocols, and I think all parties will be satisfied.

There are not going to be simulated cruises. If the cruise lines really thought these were going to be required they would have already taken place. I would look for a new "No Sail Order" sometime after Jan 21st.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:14 AM, Moviela said:

I can only speculate why RCL canceled March. Could be any number of factors out of managements control. Staffing or provisioning issues, Ports of call issues, covid testing issues, or maintenance issues could require them to need a little more time. 

Carnival is poised and ready to work their plans. I can see Carnival Panorama at the cruise port in Long Beach, and Carnival Miracle is just off the coast of Baja South of TJ. There is adequate time for testing the protocols demanded by the CDC during a simulated cruise, and for the equipment and sanitary inspections to be done. I think that they are working diligently to satisfy the order of the Court concerning their environmental compliance abilities. 

I pay no mind to opinions that Carnival is waiting to cancel journeys to help their cash flow, or is scheme to hold onto cash as long as possible. Those are the practices of less than honest or floundering companies. Carnival is fiscally solvent, and has met its financial obligations.

I believe in March I will enjoy my first cruise since last February from Long Beach. There is no reason to believe otherwise.  

14 hours ago, Grandma Gail said:

I have a Carnival Pride booked for March 7, 2021 and they are still booking for this cruise.  Wonder why?

I was just listening to this blogger saying some nude group scheduled pride for winter of 2022 out of tampa. He asks who will book the cruise. I ask who wants to go after them, lol. 75th annual nude cruise, this winter's cruise was cancelled. Arent you lucky to book the pride. Just kidding, it's a nice ship.

Yea I expect march 2021 to be cancelled, next week? Who knows. 

20210101_164505990.jpeg

44 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Any booking information would be greatly appreciated.......😏🤣

Google bare necessities cruise ? He says it's a 2 week cruise next winter and people are flying in from everywhere even Australia and complaining it's not long enough. 

That guy is a ex ncl employee who posts inside info on crews and if they are being contacted to come back to work hes a good source. I think he worked on another line too, as a break dancer. I've seen carnival having them. He talks to crew is why I listen to him. 

On 12/28/2020 at 12:15 PM, Zuluboudreaux said:

We have a cruise booked out of NOLA in March 2021.

We had the final payment date extended to 1/8/21

Don’t really want to tie up more money on pending cruises as 5 have already been cancelled.

Will March cancellations be announced before 1/8/21?

The only way they can keep this ponzi scheme going is to make the final payments before the cancellations.  Isn't it brilliant.  

• Like 1

Today January 2nd. Last night on the news they said no cruises till there are test cruises with voluntary passengers. After that has been completed and APPROVED before any cruises can resume. It was noted 60 days after approval before resuming any cruises. So Far in Florida. NO test cruises have been started. Our next cruise is set for March 2021 on the Breeze. So, that looks like another cancellation coming for us.

4 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I just made final payment and air fare for my April cruise. Cancellations through 4/30 will no doubt happen on Monday 😂😂😂

If air fare is on American, they will let you cancel with no penalty and you'll then have a credit for a future flight.  We used our January flight credit towards our October flights.  Price difference was only 1.40 pp.

5 minutes ago, Liltx31 said:

Can you use your FCC toward an already booked cruise or just toward a new booking? Just trying to get ready for cancelation.

Same cruise line. Yes. If you did not use FCC from another cruise already. If it is more than what you owe. You will receive the balance as still FCC.

Just booked out of Miami in early May.  For now I'm only paying the deposit and holding out hope.  I don't know the full implications but vaccinations have started here and both my wife and myself have received ours.  

I guess we wait and see with cancellations.  Either way we are prepared to go.  Thankfully I am going to be using miles to fly which are fully refundable and we will postpone as many times as necessary.  One question, though, have recent cancellations been offered the OBC if rebooking?

On 1/2/2021 at 3:57 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Same cruise line. Yes. If you did not use FCC from another cruise already. If it is more than what you owe. You will receive the balance as still FCC.

Carnival has been giving left over fcc either as a refund or before I read instances of obc. 

Its rcl and celebrity that reissue the leftover fcc as a new fcc that has to be applied to a different cruise making it much harder to use.

Had to check, yep this is carnival board. Never heard of carnival doing this with left over fcc. ..if someone else has please let us know.