When will next round of cancellations be announced?

Zuluboudreaux

I can only speculate why RCL canceled March. Could be any number of factors out of managements control. Staffing or provisioning issues, Ports of call issues, covid testing issues, or maintenance issues could require them to need a little more time. 

Carnival is poised and ready to work their plans. I can see Carnival Panorama at the cruise port in Long Beach, and Carnival Miracle is just off the coast of Baja South of TJ. There is adequate time for testing the protocols demanded by the CDC during a simulated cruise, and for the equipment and sanitary inspections to be done. I think that they are working diligently to satisfy the order of the Court concerning their environmental compliance abilities. 

I pay no mind to opinions that Carnival is waiting to cancel journeys to help their cash flow, or is scheme to hold onto cash as long as possible. Those are the practices of less than honest or floundering companies. Carnival is fiscally solvent, and has met its financial obligations.

I believe in March I will enjoy my first cruise since last February from Long Beach. There is no reason to believe otherwise.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Moviela said:

I can only speculate why RCL canceled March. Could be any number of factors out of managements control. Staffing or provisioning issues, Ports of call issues, covid ..

I believe in March I will enjoy my first cruise since last February from Long Beach. There is no reason to believe otherwise.  

RCL hasn't cancelled march. They have a similar thread going except they have pulled out their magic 8 balls, gypsies  and whatever other fortune telling they can find.

NCL just cancelled march. ..that's why the other lines are asking and starting threads on the subject.

As far as having time, to restart in 2 months, 60 day to set up inspections for  new labs, and hiring crew, training for shows, contacting for the mock cruises to get the mock cruisers on board. That's a lot to do in 2 months. Impossible no, but they need to start very very soon and not much sign. There would be leaks from crew being hired for instance from cruise bloggers.

They need to get started NOW to meet your timeline. Hey I really want to do my april cruise too. It's a great deal I dont want to lose. Let's you and me build a fire under those cdc inspectors.

• Like 2

Personally, if 1 cruise line cancels, I would expect the others to do the same, why would 1 line risk alienating their customer while rivals sail?  Unless NCL cannot pass the requirements set by the CDC, and if that is the case, would I really want to sail with them?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

RCL hasn't cancelled march. They have a similar thread going except they have pulled out their magic 8 balls, gypsies  and whatever other fortune telling they can find.

NCL just cancelled march. ..that's why the other lines are asking and starting threads on the subject.

As far as having time, to restart in 2 months, 60 day to set up inspections for  new labs, and hiring crew, training for shows, contacting for the mock cruises to get the mock cruisers on board. That's a lot to do in 2 months. Impossible no, but they need to start very very soon and not much sign. There would be leaks from crew being hired for instance from cruise bloggers.

They need to get started NOW to meet your timeline. Hey I really want to do my april cruise too. It's a great deal I dont want to lose. Let's you and me build a fire under those cdc inspectors.

I’ll gather wood. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

I can only speculate why RCL canceled March. Could be any number of factors out of managements control. Staffing or provisioning issues, Ports of call issues, covid testing issues, or maintenance issues could require them to need a little more time. 

Carnival is poised and ready to work their plans. I can see Carnival Panorama at the cruise port in Long Beach, and Carnival Miracle is just off the coast of Baja South of TJ. There is adequate time for testing the protocols demanded by the CDC during a simulated cruise, and for the equipment and sanitary inspections to be done. I think that they are working diligently to satisfy the order of the Court concerning their environmental compliance abilities. 

I pay no mind to opinions that Carnival is waiting to cancel journeys to help their cash flow, or is scheme to hold onto cash as long as possible. Those are the practices of less than honest or floundering companies. Carnival is fiscally solvent, and has met its financial obligations.

Hope springs eternal through rose colored glasses. We can't even dine outdoors in CA and you think you will be boarding a ship in a little more than 8 weeks? I give you credit for being an optimist!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Hope springs eternal through rose colored glasses. We can't even dine outdoors in CA and you think you will be boarding a ship in a little more than 8 weeks? I give you credit for being an optimist!

Sadly, I don't see my late May cruise on panorama happening.  If the governor won't allow Disneyland to reopen, what makes anyone think he will let cruises dock there?

9 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

Sadly, I don't see my late May cruise on panorama happening.  If the governor won't allow Disneyland to reopen, what makes anyone think he will let cruises dock there?

The soon to be ex-governor has indefensible reasons to keep Disney closed, while all their other parks are open worldwide, but he is without the ability to control the ports and especially the Long Beach Cruise Port. The port is open. Panorama is floating there now. The cruise port is owned by the City of Long Beach, and has contracted operations to Carnival. Carnival makes the decisions, and will be guided by the CDC protocols for safe operation of the port.  I am sure your voyage aboard Panorama in May will be delightful. 

• Like 1

Another thing to consider is just because they canceled a cruise on a specific date doesn't mean the ship will not be sailing on that date. Remember when the Carnival Vista had to unexpectedly go into dry dock(the floating dry dock) they canceled multiple cruises. In the end the work on the vista was completed as lot sooner than expected and carnival put together a short cruise at the last min. I expect them to do the same and if you thing about it makes since. Why start with 5 or 7 day cruises when you have have a few 3 - 4 day cruises to work out the kinks. Remember, when to do start back up,  you are going to have a lot a rusty and green crew members that haven't turned around a ship in over a year.  When they are ready to sail, I expect we will see a few pop-up out of thin air for quick bookings for each ship.    

57 minutes ago, wo5m said:

Another thing to consider is just because they canceled a cruise on a specific date doesn't mean the ship will not be sailing on that date. Remember when the Carnival Vista had to unexpectedly go into dry dock(the floating dry dock) they canceled multiple cruises. In the end the work on the vista was completed as lot sooner than expected and carnival put together a short cruise at the last min. I expect them to do the same and if you thing about it makes since. Why start with 5 or 7 day cruises when you have have a few 3 - 4 day cruises to work out the kinks. Remember, when to do start back up,  you are going to have a lot a rusty and green crew members that haven't turned around a ship in over a year.  When they are ready to sail, I expect we will see a few pop-up out of thin air for quick bookings for each ship.    

I'm hoping so myself. Ready to jump onboard.

11 hours ago, shof515 said:

Norwegian just called all march sailings for all ships. i expect carnival to follow in the next few days

Carnival has usually cancelled a day or 2 after Royal Caribbean. Will Carnival cancel March ? Maybe. I would think they will try to hold on to April though. The Mardi Gras is on the way and should be in Barcelona by tomorrow. From there it comes to Port Canaveral by next week or so. She is due to start out of Port C April 24. Theres a lot riding on that first cruise.

10 hours ago, Moviela said:

RCI (I assume that is who you mean by RCL) has not cancelled cruises thru March, but they will soon just like Carnival will too. You can believe you will cruise in March and I can believe the Eagles will win the Super Bowl in February, but both of these have 0 percent chance of happening. I don’t know when Carnival will resume cruising, but when the dozens of crew members I am friends with start telling me they are hearing crew members are being contacted about returning to work, it will be a good sign. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Moviela said:

How about the fact that it has already been announced by Carnival that Miami, Port Canaveral and Galveston will be the first three embarkation ports.  That would put Long Beach at best in the number 4 slot and you're confident you'll be sailing in March....funniest post I have read on CC in a long time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl posters are guessing follow the leader and by the end of next week, the rest will follow ncl and cancel thru the end of march. What one line does the others usually do. We might not know the exact date but I think that's a good guess. 

You quoted my earlier post, which has been deleted.  Why would it be deleted?  I don't think it said anything terribly harsh or weird. Was it because the post I quoted got deleted?

Weird.

Anyway, good to see that quite a few Carnival ships are now full green on the CDC website.  I look forward to Mardi Gras being added to that list, and going green eventually.

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

RCI (I assume that is who you mean by RCL) has not cancelled cruises thru March, but they will soon just like Carnival will too. 

Well, cut off my legs and call me shorty, I typed RCL but meant Norwegian, NCL. Sorry. 

Worry is just interest on problems you do not have yet. I see no reason for cancelations on the Horizon.... or on Panorama for that matter.

4 minutes ago, Moviela said:

Well, cut off my legs and call me shorty, I typed RCL but meant Norwegian, NCL. Sorry. 

Worry is just interest on problems you do not have yet. I see no reason for cancelations on the Horizon.... or on Panorama for that matter.

I agree with you that there is no reason to continue cancelling cruises. Unfortunately the CDC sees things differently, which directly impacts the decisions made by cruise lines. I have cruises booked in May, July, September and October next year, but I am not too optimistic about any of them cruising as of today. I already had cruises in January and February cancelled and at the moment I anticipate a similar fate for our other booked cruises. 

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

How about the fact that it has already been announced by Carnival that Miami, Port Canaveral and Galveston will be the first three embarkation ports. 

That fact does not exclude Long Beach from operating in March. Being that Galveston is GMT-6 the Vista will leave the dock two hours before Panorama, so your "fact" has its validity protected.

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You quoted my earlier post, which has been deleted.  Why would it be deleted?  I don't think it said anything terribly harsh or weird. Was it because the post I quoted got deleted?

Weird.

Anyway, good to see that quite a few Carnival ships are now full green on the CDC website.  I look forward to Mardi Gras being added to that list, and going green eventually.

Could you post the CDC link that shows the ships that are getting green?  I looked over the CDC site and couldn't find it.  Thx!!

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Weird.

Lol only the mods can answer why. Not even sure which post I quoted of yours tbh. 

Good news ships are green, let's hope they start jumping thru the hoops to resume. I'm with Philly, we would be hearing of crews being rehired if carnival was making moves. Lol maybe I should worry about my sept cruise on vista at this rate.

3 hours ago, Moviela said:

That fact does not exclude Long Beach from operating in March. Being that Galveston is GMT-6 the Vista will leave the dock two hours before Panorama, so your "fact" has its validity protected.

You're completely delusional if you think the Panorama will be sailing in March.  Carnival has 3 ports ahead of it and many hoops to jump through including starting with 3 or 4 day cruises before doing 7 day ones.

I think that Linus will see the Great Pumpkin before the Panorama sails in March of 2021.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Well just seen the Glory went Red again, so that pretty much guarantees my March 14th Cruise on her out of New Orleans will be cancelled. Not that i expected anything differently.  

The only ports that have been mentioned in the start up process have been Miami and Port  Canaveral  followed by Galveston.   NOLA and Long Beach have not been officially mentioned,  only speculation on the boards by those who wise to embark from there.  Could be late summer or fall for those ports to start up. 

• Like 1