The Daily for Friday Jan 1, 2021 -- Happy New Year!!!

richwmn

14 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Thanks, again, to everyone who contributed to the New Years Day thread. As of 1/2/21 at 7am the number of views was 4.1 thousand and this is the 225th post.

Hope everyone has a great year!

Rich that is awesome! It was great to read all the posts. Can't believe it. You made it happen by just asking folks to identify themselves. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think that the fact that this thread has had thousands of views and at least 225 responses shows that cruisers are surely some of the most optimistic people on earth!  We choose to see the glass half full, not half empty. We choose to see (in our mind’s eye) those big beautiful ships out on the big beautiful ocean (with us aboard!!)  We choose to research and plan for that “next cruise”. We choose to encourage each other in many ways. During a period of our lives that has tried to isolate us from each other, we choose to meet together every day, right here on this thread, no masks required!  We have become a part of each other’s lives, celebrating the good and praying for each other through the difficult times. 

That is a beautiful thing!!

I hope that in the future, I’ll get to sail with many of you and meet you in person. Maybe one of these days we will have a “Daily Report Reunion Cruise”!  😄🚢🎉 

Barb

• Like 12

On 1/1/2021 at 5:48 PM, rafinmd said:

If you look at a listing of HAL threads, the next to last 2 fields in the line for each thread are the number of replies on the top line and the number of views (now 3.4K) right underneath it.  We are about to go to page 9.

Roy

Just got back to this page to check for an answer; thank you very much. Also, that is so obvious that I am embarrassed to say I never noticed the "views" line, especially because I routinely check the "replies"!?! 🙄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

This just crossed my FB feed.  HAL ships in Torbay bringing in the New Year.  

https://www.facebook.com/claire.bickford.737/videos/249063203448593

Thank you for sharing the link!

I would have definitely wanted to be awake at midnight there! Though I suspect I might have been woken up!

• Like 1