Hal extends stoppage

KirkNC

I Think the powers that be are putting demands on the Cruise Industry that they are not putting on hotels and airlines.  I wonder how the cruise industry is goiungto survive.  This has been going on since March of 2020.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I only have a deposit.  I started with a $300 FCD and before this cancellation I had a $600 FCC, we will see what I get from this most recent cancellation.   It is sort of weird, the first cruise was only the $300 FCC, the second cruise was more deposit required, around $1200, but they accepted only the $600 FCC.   

Our letter said they would double the deposit and it would be good for deposit on an up to 29 day cruise.  

17 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

There is a HUGE difference between sales posted and revenue recognition. 

Carnival cannot spend money, pay expenses with sales figures.   They need revenue.    My guess is that at the moment it is all about cash flow.  Revenue flows when scheduled cruises leave the dock or when unencumbered assets are sold.

Edited by iancal

41 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Our letter said they would double the deposit and it would be good for deposit on an up to 29 day cruise.  

I talked to them this morning but they couldn't tell me exactly what the new deposit would be.  I will let you know when I know.  No OBC though, I lost that back in the summer with the first cancel.  This is the third cancel on a single deposit.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iancal said:

There is a HUGE difference between sales posted and revenue recognition. 

Carnival cannot spend money, pay expenses with sales figures.   The need revenue.    My guess is that at the moment it is all about cash flow.

look at the other link as well  .you will also be able to see the full financials after the close today  in their SEC yearly report  . CCL is the strongest of all the cruise lines to survive  this  pandemic shake down  . I am only interested in protecting my deposits .I do not own CCL stock at this moment in time 

• Like 1