Review of our Asian cruise Singapore to Hong Kong on Celebrity Millennium

DavietheScot

6 hours ago, DavietheScot said:

Here is a review of our pre Pandemic cruise on Celebrity Millennium from Singapore to Hong Kong with port stops in Thailand and Vietnam. 

https://happytravellingwithdavie.blogspot.com/2021/01/review-of-asian-cruise-singapore-to.html

Wow what an amazing itinerary, clearly you and your Logistics Manager had a fantastic time.  Was a great way to spend some positive time over coffee this morning!  Thanks again

8 hours ago, DavietheScot said:

Here is a review of our pre Pandemic cruise on Celebrity Millennium from Singapore to Hong Kong with port stops in Thailand and Vietnam. 

https://happytravellingwithdavie.blogspot.com/2021/01/review-of-asian-cruise-singapore-to.html

We should have been on the same cruise on the Millennium in less than a months time. 

23 minutes ago, yorky said:

Just to add we moved it to next February now on a S class ship flying from Glasgow doing it the opposite way from Hong Kong to Singapore. 

Curious to know what ship you are on?  This is a marvelous itinerary.

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Wow what an amazing itinerary, clearly you and your Logistics Manager had a fantastic time.  Was a great way to spend some positive time over coffee this morning!  Thanks again

Thanks glad you enjoyed it, and yes it is a great itinerary and your correct we had a brilliant time. 

2 hours ago, Tipsy252 said:

Davie this is brilliant, 1 year ago we were on the Millennium from Singapore to Philippines, Hong Kong and Vietnam. You brought back wonderful memories of that trip. Thank you. 

Thanks Tipsy glad you enjoyed it and it brought back those good memories we all need those especially just now. 

DavietheScot, great review it was like a trip down memory lane. In Feb 2019 we met our son and family in Hong Kong to celebrate the Lunar New Year and did the trip in reverse, on the Millenium, to Singapore and spent 5 days in Singapore enjoying the city.

We have planned the same trip HKG -SIN for Jan 2022 and meeting the family in Singapore for the Lunar New Year, planning to stay longer in Singapore.

Very nice review.  We are scheduled to do the 14 night reverse itinerary aboard Solstice in December.  I hope the trip goes as planned because if we have to postpone it to next year, Celebrity has shortened this itinerary to only 11 nights and have stripped it of all its overnight stays.  

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Very nice review.  We are scheduled to do the 14 night reverse itinerary aboard Solstice in December.  I hope the trip goes as planned because if we have to postpone it to next year, Celebrity has shortened this itinerary to only 11 nights and have stripped it of all its overnight stays.  

You all got me thinking and looking here!  See two I would love on Solstice in fall 2022.  12 night Vietnam and Thailand or a 15 night Bering Sea/Japan/Transpacific.  While certainly not giving it away, pleasantly surprised at the pricing for the suite level.  Going to do a bit more research, the 12 day is a little more port intensive, though not overly so, and the 15 day has 8 full sea days, which I love. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ScubesDad said:

DavietheScot, great review it was like a trip down memory lane. In Feb 2019 we met our son and family in Hong Kong to celebrate the Lunar New Year and did the trip in reverse, on the Millenium, to Singapore and spent 5 days in Singapore enjoying the city.

We have planned the same trip HKG -SIN for Jan 2022 and meeting the family in Singapore for the Lunar New Year, planning to stay longer in Singapore.

Thanks and pleased you enjoyed the review looks like you will have a brilliant trip next year as its a great itinerary and then there is Singapore one of my favourite cities to visit. 

14 hours ago, portofrome said:

Thank you for the review and great photos! Nice to see some familiar faces on board 😉

Cheers portofrome its always nice to see familiar faces and I hope to see them in the flesh again hopefully  not to far in the future.  

9 hours ago, DavietheScot said:

I am sure your trip next year will go ahead and you will have a ball its a great itinerary with lots to see and enjoy at each port. 

We hope so, because we have another year to save up we are spending four nights ay Raffles at the end of the cruise.

11 hours ago, DavietheScot said:

Now that is a special end to your trip, enjoy the Long Bar and the Singapore Slings. 😃 

Can I ask a question Davie. It’s a part of the world we have never visited. I enjoyed reading your review and the street food in Singapore. Is it fair to say that it’s generally safe to eat, we tend to be careful in certain countries.

1 hour ago, yorky said:

Can I ask a question Davie. It’s a part of the world we have never visited. I enjoyed reading your review and the street food in Singapore. Is it fair to say that it’s generally safe to eat, we tend to be careful in certain countries.

It is nigh impossible to find street food in Singapore because it is illegal to set up a stall and sell food by the street.

If you are after the local fare, these food vendors can be found in covered food centres or air-conditioned food courts.

To answer your question, the food is extremely safe. All food stalls are given a cleanliness rating by the government authorities which they have to display clearly for their customers to see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yorky said:

Yes Donna it is safe to eat the local food particularly in the hawker centers.  Many of them are in the basement of the shopping malls as well as being stand alone buildings but there excellent and there is a wide selection so you will find something to your taste many dishes being veg based but honestly they are clean and safe. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 6:46 PM, GeorgesGal said:

Davie, thanks so much for sharing Logistics Manager's and your lovely cruise!  I look forward to reading each one when I see your name on these boards.

Stay healthy and happy travels to you both!

Donna

Thats very kind of you Donna I enjoy doing them so its good to know people enjoy reading them. I read lots of reviews myself all as part of research for future trips and its good to hear others opinion on destinations and locations.  

Davie