Sunset Bar on Azamara Quest

govanguy

Is the Sunset Bar on Deck 9 closed after dining is completed in Windows Cafe?

Is there an actual bar in this area at the stern?

Can one sit outside on a balmy evening and have a few drinks?

I`ve been on Pursuit and I cannot recall a bar area at the rear of the ship. It seemed to me that this was an extension of Windows Cafe.

11 minutes ago, govanguy said:

Is the Sunset Bar on Deck 9 closed after dining is completed in Windows Cafe?

Is there an actual bar in this area at the stern?

Can one sit outside on a balmy evening and have a few drinks?

I`ve been on Pursuit and I cannot recall a bar area at the rear of the ship. It seemed to me that this was an extension of Windows Cafe.

Yes, open after dinner is completed and there is a bar area on Quest, unlike Pursuit. Bar hours generally until 10pm depending on itinerary and weather. On Azamazing Evenings it's open later. 

Phil 

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, open after dinner is completed and there is a bar area on Quest, unlike Pursuit. Bar hours generally until 10pm depending on itinerary and weather. On Azamazing Evenings it's open later. 

Phil 

Journey also has a bar in that outside area.

There were a lot of comments from guests on Pursuit who also knew the other two ships.  Some liked the Pursuit arrangement (more tables out back) and others really disliked it (slower service, less appealing for a sunset drink).  I understood it would be quite a change to put a bar in including all the plumbing and facilities needed for a bar. 
Remember when they tried to make the Sunset Bar on Journey partly into a speciality restaurant but dropped the idea due to feedback at that time?

Fast forward and the talk of lessons learned re Pursuit and new ideas for A4. I think the Sunset Bar will be an interesting one to see what they do there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

It’ll be interesting to see what they do with the new ship. Having looked at a video of the Pacific Princess there doesn’t appear to be a bar at the stern, it looks more like the Pursuit. 

Odds on it won't have one. By way of background both Quest and Journey didn't have them either, but when Celebrity acquired them to sail as Celebrity Quest and Celebrity Journey they added the Sunset Bar as it was a feature of all their ships. So that's why they have them. 

When Azamara acquired Adonia sans Sunset Bar they did look at adding it, but the expense wasn't worth it. So it was left as is. 

I've mixed feelings having experienced both. On one hand I do miss the bar venue at the back and the atmosphere there. However the extra seating is welcome, especially as a lot of it is well under cover. So if they didn't put a bar in I don't think now I'd be fussed. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never knew the bar was added, sailed on an R class Princess ship and an R class  Oceania and there no bar. Never missed it,seems the R class was built one way  and we changed it.

also Princess or someone added a bathroom to the venue we now know as Living Room. That is a huge plus as I sailed Tahiti on that ship under two flags.

On 2/3/2021 at 9:48 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

It’ll be interesting to see what they do with the new ship

I have sailed the Pacific Princess and found the service at the "Sunset Bar Area" was satisfactory but by no means was it like Azamara service back there. This is our favorite area to 'hang out' as we often go there to read after breakfast and find ourselves hanging out there in the afternoon (wine service has always been 'excellent' at that time) ... I was missing the Azamara service on the PP back there and recall thinking they had plenty of room for a good size bar, which would I believe transfer into better 'Azamara' level service ... I can only hope!

• Like 1

I really liked the extra seating in that area on Pursuit as it was never difficult to get a table outside...and I didn’t notice that drink service was slow. But I can see that if you like to hang out at a bar it would seem different...will be interesting to see what they do with the new ship...