Private Shuttle/Car from FLL Cruiseport to MIA Airport

GreenValleyDogWalker

Looking for recommendations for shuttle service - when we disembark (positive thinking here - we HOPE TO CRUISE in September !) 

Celebrity' Equinox - arriving into FLL on Friday, October 8

Want to be able to travel home on 11:50 AM Flight from MIA (Cruise Line transfer requires that flight leave no earlier than Noon) 

Thank You 

Uber or Lyft but I would be nervous with a flight before noon (especially if they change - as airlines do - the departure time to earlier) on a weekday and without knowledge yet of what kind of changes might be made to the disembarkation process when cruising begins again. 

We've always been happy with Larry's Limo - great service in the Miami/FLL area; a taxi will run you about $75+ and Uber or Lyft will be closer to $35-40+

The drive from PE to MIA will take about an hour - maybe more with rush hour traffic.  We are not sure what the process will be to get off the ship and be screened before you are allowed to leave the port area - it could take a bit longer than the pre-virus process.  I would also suggest looking at a later flight.

If you make sure to get off among the first people, even with Covid procedures I would think 9am is a safe  bet, an hour's drive, check in at airport 10-10:30 is just about right.  Like all these posts, you must have success in getting off early, meeting your ride, and traffic. You just have to be prepared to deal with it if something goes wrong. 

On 2/5/2021 at 11:39 AM, JohninDC said:

Its the getting off early in PE and unknown (at this time) COVID screening procedures that would make me nervous about an early flight from MIA.  Good luck!

Thank you

Oh - this terrible Covid....was so hoping that by September things would be back to "normal" - but you are right - probably need longer time to disembark

• 2 weeks later...

Way too early a flight from MIa for arriving in Port Everglades! But I believe SAS will offer you a shuttle for about $15 pp. They only operate originating in FLL but do offer service to/from ports and airports for both Miami and Fll. 

Howdy, from a transplanted Okie. 🤠 

The last time I checked SAS did not service the MIA airport.  The pre-virus $15 per person rate was between FLL and POM.  QLS and some of the other shuttles will service MIA, but expect to pay more as the Trip to that airport is not as popular making it hard for them to fill a van.

• 2 weeks later...

The protocols for disembarkation are not yet established for Miami or Fort Lauderdale arriving ships, but an outline is visible.

Back in October of 2020, the cruise lines agreed to establish land based medical arrangements for any infected crew or travelers. That was a huge stumbling block when the Covid first manifested itself in the US.

The lines also agreed to apply PCR testing to all passengers and any disembarking crew on disembarkation day.  My understanding is this test isn't an instant results test, so I don't know how this would affect the trip through immigration, customs, agriculture, medical checkpoints.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article246754076.html