Silhouette cabin 8218

fizzy1

21 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Stateroom 8218 has bed by the bath.  It also has an upper berth which you won't notice as it is flush with the overhead.  It's in a very good location on the ship.

as the graphic reflects

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

as the graphic reflects

That graphic is just a generic stateroom layout on the website and doesn't reflect the actual  alternating layout.  That same graphic that you copied/pasted will show up on the website for a stateroom with actual bed by the balcony.   You can call Celebrity and ask them about a particular stateroom layout, and they don't have a clue.  You just have to "know."

1 minute ago, Auntiemomo said:

That graphic is just a generic stateroom layout on the website and doesn't reflect the actual  alternating layout.  That same graphic that you copied/pasted will show up on the website for a stateroom with actual bed by the balcony.   You can call Celebrity and ask them about a particular stateroom layout, and they don't have a clue.  You just have to "know."

🙄

15 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

and if you "know" perhaps then share for the poster...

30 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

and if you "know" perhaps then share for the poster...

I did.  Read my post.  I answered the OP's question.   Others just posted a graphic and referred the OP to a sticky.  

I guess the OP is not happy with the bed by the bath choice, but if there are other options, I would be glad to help find a stateroom with bed by the balcony.  Just give me the sail date and I can check to see if a stateroom with bed by the balcony is available for that sailing, then the OP can call Celebrity or their TA to make the change.

42 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I did.  Read my post.  I answered the OP's question.   Others just posted a graphic and referred the OP to a sticky.  

I guess the OP is not happy with the bed by the bath choice, but if there are other options, I would be glad to help find a stateroom with bed by the balcony.  Just give me the sail date and I can check to see if a stateroom with bed by the balcony is available for that sailing, then the OP can call Celebrity or their TA to make the change.

And I can check using any of several websites without having you attack posters who answered the OP's question.

3 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

Hi all, been trying to work out if cabin 8218 on Silhouette has the bed by the balcony . Can anyone help me, getting no where  .  

fizzy1:  there is a really great travel site that I have been trying to find re this.  It does have wonderful very up to date info, I will keep looking but in the interim, I think some CC folks will find more detailed info for you.  Stay tuned...

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Not so. @LGW59 provided the answer in post # 2. 

I was just pointing out that the graphic doesn't represent all staterooms.  I doubt there is a similar one showing bed by the balcony.   On the website (cruising power) they all show bed by the bath. 

1 minute ago, Auntiemomo said:

I was just pointing out that the graphic doesn't represent all staterooms.  I doubt there is a similar one showing bed by the balcony.   On the website (cruising power) they all show bed by the bath. 

The OP asked about a specific cabin, and the graphic in post #2 provided an accurate answer. End of story. I doubt that anyone reading this thread would assume that all staterooms have the same layout.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The OP asked about a specific cabin, and the graphic in post #2 provided an accurate answer. End of story. I doubt that anyone reading this thread would assume that all staterooms have the same layout.

You would be surprised.

13 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

appreciate your viewpoint, just trying to see if I can get the information the poster was looking for.

Perhaps it would be helpful to explain to the OP (and others who may read this) why folks are able to state that the bed in 8218 is by the bath.  When you look at the deck plan and see the square icon for a Sofa Bed in a specific cabin, you know that cabin has the bed by the bath.  The cabins alternate, bed by bath, bed by balcony.  If the cabin you are interested in doesn't show any such icon (8218 doesn't), find the nearest cabin that does, and count from there.   In this case, we see the square icon in 8222 as well as in 8214, which means that 8222 and 8214 both have the bed by the bath, and so does 8218. 

I hope that's helpful.

Edited by Turtles06

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

fizzy1, if you are on the 21 Apr 2022 sailing, both staterooms on either side of you have bed by the balcony and are available.  I would go for 8220.

Thank you so much . Yes, we are on that cruise However , had a bit of a think about it . I think for me being nearer the bathroom , and a year on, makes better sense as my little nighttime trips to the loo will be even more by next year !!! Hahah ! Hubby not bothered !’, so booked 218 . While u r on there could you just check something for me . Has the cabin layout changed since the refit last year ? Not concerned about having a pull down bed on the top but on the actual booking  plans 218 doesn't have a 3rd bed!!!!! I noticed this as we compared  Celebrity’s deckplans and then looked at the actual booking site. I have done a few dummy bookings on other Sill cruises for next year and 8218 doesn't have the sign for pulldown bed. As i said , just curious.Thanks so much for your help xx Thanks everyone xx

Edited by fizzy1

16 minutes ago, fizzy1 said:

Thank you so much . Yes, we are on that cruise However , had a bit of a think about it . I think for me being nearer the bathroom , and a year on, makes better sense as my little nighttime trips to the loo will be even more by next year !!! Hahah ! Hubby not bothered !’, so booked 218 . While u r on there could you just check something for me . Has the cabin layout changed since the refit last year ? Not concerned about having a pull down bed on the top but on the actual booking  plans 218 doesn't have a 3rd bed!!!!! I noticed this as we compared  Celebrity’s deckplans and then looked at the actual booking site. I have done a few dummy bookings on other Sill cruises for next year and 8218 doesn't have the sign for pulldown bed. As i said , just curious.Thanks so much for your help xx Thanks everyone xx

Haven't been on Silhouette since the refit, but the layout of the stateroom is pretty much the same -- just the décor has changed.  Your stateroom doesn't have the pull out sofa bed (square), but has the upper berth (triangle), when not used is flush with the overhead.  

• Thanks 1