APEX Deluxe Porthole View with Verandah

parrja

The above cabin seems to be what I am looking for on the APEX.  But looking at the picture of the stateroom, the window seems to be round...just wondering how you get out to the verandah?  Perhaps the sliding window opens as most do so you don't have to walk the circle, but I can't tell.  Perhaps someone on this board can tell me... as you can probably sense, I don't want a infinite verandah.

The advantage of that room, over a Balcony is that the infinite balcony isn't a true balcony- these cove balconies are more like a true balcony.  IMO so much better.  One person can be on balcony without a/c closing in the room.  Another option for a traditional balcony is an aft balcony.  So much better then the infinite balcony IMO.  

The "cove" balcony cabins are towards the front of the ship so not the greatest location.

• 1 month later...

Do you know if adjoining balconies can be linked by opening doors between them? It seems not because it seems they could possibly be open to each other’s cabins.  I’m having a hard time understanding the concept.  Thanks. 

I think there is a possibility to open the barrier between adjacent balconies. It would not make one large balcony shared between the two rooms, it would only give access between them. The opening would not be very large.  I tried to get a picture of the wall between the adjacent balconies but wasn’t able to get one that will definitively answer your question. I did ask the steward if it was possible, but he was so new on the job, he didn’t know the answer.

D5B36A27-FDCE-40FF-A6D8-865D97C26950.jpeg

D5EA79B2-A5EE-4017-A7CB-694EE1374182.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch

• 1 year later...