Jewel to sail from Cyprus starting July will you go?

We got off jewel on last Saturday the cruise was terrific crew,food,hospitality immaculate clean ship ,but chaos in the airport to get to transfer bus’s,went to the bus only to be told go back to the terminal to get the bus number all the kiosk had avatars not royal.once in the port terminal every thing very well organised checkin,health screen,visual muster whilst waiting for your antigen results.as said earlier Great cruise can get off every port.the problems started at airport to return home you need to book a 2 day pcr test & uk flight locator before they will allow you to book in .happy to answer any questions.

16 hours ago, little britain said:

Quite frankly their site is doing my head in, I’m sorry I booked! It’s so badly written….and very confusing. 

I “think” that UK is still on the permitted list (https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/en/vaccinated-passengers) so we don’t have to do the test 72hrs before departure because that is on one section of the website, but I know we are on their Red list as per this update….who knows! 

No pre-travel test required from U.K. as long as double vaccinated. Royal will do antigen test at terminal pre-boarding.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nicben said:

to return home you need to book a 2 day pcr test & uk flight locator before they will allow you to book in .happy to answer any questions.

So this PCR test is in addition to the test you have on the ship before disembarking? Are you meant to book it prior to leaving the UK?

Carolec  royal give you an option 2 days before disembark a antigen test if live or staying in Cyprus or a pcr if returning to the uk we had the pcr test but there is no number on the paperwork so we booked a test kit with randox at the airport which you can book before you leave the uk,because when you request the uk flight locator it has a number to quote of pcr test , leave yourself at least 30 minutes per person to fill in online,I don’t know how early you can do the locator as we didn’t know until we reached Larnaca airport. We have been on many royal cruises and this ship ticks all the boxes food,crew cleanliness,hope this helps if you want anymore info just ask 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, nicben said:

Carolec  royal give you an option 2 days before disembark a antigen test if live or staying in Cyprus or a pcr if returning to the uk we had the pcr test but there is no number on the paperwork so we booked a test kit with randox at the airport which you can book before you leave the uk,because when you request the uk flight locator it has a number to quote of pcr test , leave yourself at least 30 minutes per person to fill in online,I don’t know how early you can do the locator as we didn’t know until we reached Larnaca airport. We have been on many royal cruises and this ship ticks all the boxes food,crew cleanliness,hope this helps if you want anymore info just ask 

Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Do you know if the day 2 home tests are acceptable? They are less expensive than booking a test somewhere and you appear to receive a booking reference for the Passenger Locator Form.

This cruise is giving me so many headaches. So many different rules for the UK folks vs those of us in the US. Folks are reporting back on what was applicable for them, but many are misinterpreting that info as being applicable for all.

Seeing as how we're still over a month away, I'm not getting sucked into the rabbit hole of what is or isn't. Because I guarantee that what is happening today will change within a month anyway.

Carolec  we booked a 2 day randox home kit 43£ pp as soon as you book and pay they send you randox number and you put this in the locator, remember to imput uppercase as is on the email they say it takes 2to 4 days to receive kits but they arrived on the second day by currier and email when he or she is on the way 

24 minutes ago, nicben said:

Carolec  we booked a 2 day randox home kit 43£ pp as soon as you book and pay they send you randox number and you put this in the locator, remember to imput uppercase as is on the email they say it takes 2to 4 days to receive kits but they arrived on the second day by currier and email when he or she is on the way 

That’s great thanks. The home kits are much cheaper so I’m pleased they’re acceptable.

I'm planning on booking the Jewel, flying from Manchester, early September. What entertainment is available onboard and how many passengers are on each sailing? Planning on Staysure for insurance. I think I'm clear about testing and returning to the UK as I'm doubly vaccinated. All advice appreciated from those who have flown from UK and sailed. Thank you!

We are looking at booking the 23rd Oct cruise (it will have to be last minute due to work commitments), and am not sure about returning and PCR tests. We are both double vaccinated, how do we go about a PCR test for our return flight / entry into the UK or are we ok? so confusing. Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

We are looking at booking the 23rd Oct cruise (it will have to be last minute due to work commitments), and am not sure about returning and PCR tests. We are both double vaccinated, how do we go about a PCR test for our return flight / entry into the UK or are we ok? so confusing. Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

RCI give you a test on board which gets you back into UK.

However before you leave the Uk for the cruise you must book the Day 2 test for when you get home.  You will need the code on this test when you complete the UK government PLF form 48 hours before your return.  You need to complete the form when you have a phone signal as they send you an sms code. 
I got my day 2 test from Expert Medicals for £28. I picked them as they use Royal Mail priority postboxes. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 10:50 PM, ChC said:

I was reading earlier posts and threads about Jewel of the Seas Cyprus cruise. Some mentioned insurance issue for British passengers. Is that still going on? Or is Insurance still required by Jewel? I was checking the price and I don't see anywhere RCL require insurance. I was almost going to book until I read earlier threads about insurance stops many Brits going to join the ship. Anyone here can provides some ideas on this issue?

Insurance should be a requirement for any foreign holiday but for Royal it is hidden in the faq's  

What's the issue with insurance? I'm guessing appropriate covid cover?

6 hours ago, icsys said:

Insurance should be a requirement for any foreign holiday but for Royal it is hidden in the faq's  

That may only be for UK sailors. I checked my documents and there's nothing mandating insurance for me coming from the US.

I have Limassol Cyprus already checked off on my bucket list. I can't imagine flying into that destination in order to catch a cruise ship. If the ports included Istanbul or Cairo it would be more interesting. I think as time passes there will be much better ports for cruising in the East Mediterranean. Tim 

On 8/23/2021 at 8:19 PM, icsys said:

I wonder if you have to show your insurance when checking in at the port. We went on a couple of MSC cruises around the UK this summer and the port agents were checking pax insurance cover in fine detail to ensure Covid was included. 

19 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

That may only be for UK sailors. I checked my documents and there's nothing mandating insurance for me coming from the US.

This is indeed a specific rule just for UK bookings, applies for cruise lines and not new. 

On 8/24/2021 at 2:59 AM, Sailing12Away said:

19 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

This is indeed a specific rule just for UK bookings, applies for cruise lines and not new. 

I find it strange that travel insurance is a 'must have' for UK guests only. 

I can't find anything in our documents mandating insurance either , just a reference in the faq's 

Would never go on a overseas holiday without appropriate insurance anyway but would like to know more about what the insurance issues are, relating to British  passengers.

Edited by icsys

1 hour ago, icsys said:

I find it strange that travel insurance is a 'must have' for UK guests only. 

I can't find anything in our documents mandating insurance either , just a reference in the faq's 

Would never go on a overseas holiday without appropriate insurance anyway but would like to know more about what the insurance issues are, relating to British  passengers.

Well, if you travel it is your responsibility to have proper insurance and your problem if you don‘t have it if needed. Only in the Uk the travel provider is requested to check this. And if you like you could provide any fake insurance number just to comply with the check-in systems. There is no link between this data and the claim of insurance benefits in case of illness.

Edited by Saab4444