You can now use multiple FCCs on the same cruise. Yes!!

Ken the cruiser

We just found this out from our Celebrity PVP and confirmed it by finding it in the Future Cruise Credit FAQs on their web site. This was big news to us as we have accumulated 6 FCCs each so far with probably more to come. Thank you Celebrity for changing your policy!! 

Can you use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on an existing booking?

Yes. These FCCs can be applied to satisfy any remaining balance due for the cruise fare on an existing booking.  However, FCCs cannot be used to obtain a refund. A recent enhancement now allows multiple FCCs to be applied per guest within the same reservation.  All Global Suspension and Cruise with Confidence FCCs are valid for use by 4/30/22 on sailings departing on or before 9/30/22.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We just found this out from our Celebrity PVP and confirmed it by finding it in the Future Cruise Credit FAQs on their web site. This was big news to us as we have accumulated 6 FCCs each so far with probably more to come. Thank you Celebrity for changing your policy!! 

Can you use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on an existing booking?

Yes. These FCCs can be applied to satisfy any remaining balance due for the cruise fare on an existing booking.  However, FCCs cannot be used to obtain a refund. A recent enhancement now allows multiple FCCs to be applied per guest within the same reservation.  All Global Suspension and Cruise with Confidence FCCs are valid for use by 4/30/22 on sailings departing on or before 9/30/22.

Sweet!!  And all this Celebrity slamming over the past months, they want us on board!

This was changed several months ago.   Doesn't hurt to remind people.

Another detail people may have missed is you can also transfer FCC but the time limit to do it runs out next month.  Also from the FAQ's

Yes, we will allow a one-time transfer of an FCC from any sailing Celebrity Cruises cancelled due to global suspension of sailing.  The deadline to request a transfer is May 31, 2021.  FCC may be transferred to another guest in an Individual or Group booking, and must be used for a 2021 sailing.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Only FCC's from suspended sailings early on (prior to May 31, 2020) are still eligible to be exchanged for refunds until 12/31/2021.

But some of the recent ones have until June 30:

After receiving my 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC), can I choose to change to a 100% refund?

Yes, so long as you request it on or before the relevant deadline. If you request a refund, your 125% FCC will be deactivated.

CANCELLED SAIL DATES

DEADLINE FOR REFUND REQUEST

JUNE 1, 2021 – JUNE 30, 2021 *Excluding newly deployed sailings on Apex 6/19/21 and 6/26/21, Millennium 6/5/21 – 6/26/21

June 30, 2021.

CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE 6/12/21 – 8/26/21

June 30, 2021.

CELEBRITY APEX 6/5/21 – 10/9/21 *Select sail dates will be used again for new sailings

June 30, 2021.

CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM 6/4/21 – 9/26/21

June 30, 2021.

MAY 1 – MAY 31, 2021 (Alaska, Caribbean, Europe, Galapagos)

June 30, 2021.

MARCH 1, 2021 – APRIL 30, 2021

Celebrity Apex Transatlantic 5/1/21, Celebrity Edge 5/3/21 – 10/29/21, Celebrity Constellation 5/4/2021 – 10/23/21

March 31, 2021.

CELEBRITY SOLSTICE 5/14/2021, 5/21/2021

CELEBRITY ECLIPSE 5/2/2021, 5/7/2021, 5/16/2021, 5/23/2021, 5/30/2021, 6/6/2021

March 31, 2021.

JANUARY 1 – FEBRUARY 28, 2021 AND SOUTH AMERICA (1/3/2021 – 4/7/2021)

(excluding any previously announced suspended sailings)

March 31, 2021.

CELEBRITY SUMMIT 5/6/2021, 5/15/2021, 5/25/2021, 6/4/2021

CELEBRITY EQUINOX 5/2/2021 and 5/14/2021

December 31, 2020

MAY 12 – DECEMBER 31, 2020 (including Winter 20/21 Asia, Australia/New Zealand)

December 31, 2020

MARCH 14 – MAY 11, 2020

December 31, 2021

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

This was changed several months ago.   Doesn't hurt to remind people.

Another detail people may have missed is you can also transfer FCC but the time limit to do it runs out next month.  Also from the FAQ's

Yes, we will allow a one-time transfer of an FCC from any sailing Celebrity Cruises cancelled due to global suspension of sailing.  The deadline to request a transfer is May 31, 2021.  FCC may be transferred to another guest in an Individual or Group booking, and must be used for a 2021 sailing.

If it was changed a few months ago, they sure didn't advertise it. But in any event, we're glad they changed it as it was getting a little annoying as we have some FCCs that are only worth a few hundred dollars and we're destined to have a total of 10 each if cruising doesn't start back up out of the US by this summer.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If it was changed a few months ago, they sure didn't advertise it. But in any event, we're glad they changed it as it was getting a little annoying as we have some FCCs that are only worth a few hundred dollars and we're destined to have a total of 10 each if cruising doesn't start back up out of the US by this summer.

I agree on both counts - it was changed months ago and they did not advertise it. I notice that they sneak in changes without notice. Initially the cost to upgrade the beverage package in AI was $11, then they changed it to $12 in the same location. They push out expiration dates for the FCC's and don't really say anything. Sometimes they fail to make the changes everywhere, like how they currently say "... Best Offer Guarantee. Simply book your vacation by May 31, 2021 and we’ve got you covered with the assurance you need..." then say "Bookings made after April 30, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy" just a little lower on the page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

I agree on both counts - it was changed months ago and they did not advertise it. I notice that they sneak in changes without notice. Initially the cost to upgrade the beverage package in AI was $11, then they changed it to $12 in the same location. They push out expiration dates for the FCC's and don't really say anything. Sometimes they fail to make the changes everywhere, like how they currently say "... Best Offer Guarantee. Simply book your vacation by May 31, 2021 and we’ve got you covered with the assurance you need..." then say "Bookings made after April 30, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy" just a little lower on the page.

The beverage package upgrade was $10 + 20% gratuity for $ 12 for a number  of years.  Then they added a 10% discount on the beverage package upgrade for Elite & E+.  So now $9 + 20% is $10.80 .  The changes to the CC perks were announced via email .  We get 2-5 emails a day from X so it’s easy to just delete them and miss changes.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

The beverage package upgrade was $10 + 20% gratuity for $ 12 for a number  of years.  Then they added a 10% discount on the beverage package upgrade for Elite & E+.  So now $9 + 20% is $10.80 .  The changes to the CC perks were announced via email .  We get 2-5 emails a day from X so it’s easy to just delete them and miss changes.

I was not referring to CC perks, but the AI program. Specifically, this from Celebrity:

How can a guest upgrade from classic beverage package to premium beverage package when they book the Always Included package?

If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Beverage Package, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment.  The upgrade charge will be $12 per person per day which includes the beverage gratuity.  Guests may not purchase a beverage upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their beverage package from Classic to Premium once onboard the ship.

The $12 figure is what is shown today. I have attached (I think) the document Celebrity provided in November. It says $11.

The CC discount is a separate rabbit hole.

image.png

CEL_Always_Inlcuded_FAQs.pdf

I believe there was at least a couple of posts here about this, probably got lost in all the Covid talk constantly going on. I think the same thread also mentioned that you can transfer and use a FCC from another person, not necessarily a spouse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I believe there was at least a couple of posts here about this, probably got lost in all the Covid talk constantly going on. I think the same thread also mentioned that you can transfer and use a FCC from another person, not necessarily a spouse. 

Yes, here's the Celebrity statement, and it does not specify spouse:

May I transfer my FCC to another guest?