Milestone Birthday Promo

SailMaine

Just wanted to give a heads up that I received a recent email from Windstar offering a 21% discount on 2021 cruises as part of their Milestone Birthday Promotion. We had our TA look into re-pricing our 12/4 San Juan Caribbean StarCollector and we were thrilled to save a substantial amount on that trip! We did lose a previous OBC perk but the savings was well worth it. Definitely worth looking into for booking a new trip too. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed the cruise is a “go” ... we are ready to go!

Got it too. Only good on 2021 sailings.  Probably won’t use it.  Not really thinking 2021 is a go yet.   We just had a Oceania cruise canceled. Never imagined when I booked it that this pandemic would last this long.   With all the cancellations, it is hard to really get excited about cruising.  

I never got the email and I'm not sure how long the promo was supposed to last. Thanks to this post, I contacted our TA and she was able to get the discount on our October sailing. We lose the $400 OBC from the promo we booked the fare reduction is quite a bit more than that. 

• 2 weeks later...

We got the promo, too.  Both of us have milestone birthdays this year ... would be nice to get a 42% discount!

We are debating a Wind Surf itinerary out of St. Marteen on December 18 (husband's actual milestone birthday).  It fits schedules and will get us away for a bit of Chicago winter. We also have a big FCC which we can apply.  Combining the FCC and the discount, we are considering a suite.  Any comments on those? Are the regular staterooms bigger than they look? Are there any noise concerns with the suites being under the lounge?  We've only been on Star Breeze and have no experience with the sailing yachts.

Still in deliberation mode (for many reasons) but appreciate any input.

The upgrade fairy visited us on our 25 day Mediterranean cruise in 2018. We were in a suite on deck 3 that basically had been 2 rooms and they took down the wall inbetween and made a suite. So basically two rooms made into one but the BEST part of those suites is the fact that you get not one but TWO bathrooms! During the most recent renovations of Wind Surf they took some of those suites and put back in the wall and made them back into 2 rooms. 
 We had friends in the owners suite but ours was better with 2 bathrooms. I would take one of the suites with two bathrooms, especially for a longer voyage. 

Edited by Ski Mom 2

RemPuck, we were wondering about the noise of the more forward suites as well. We rebooked our relocated San Juan Star Pride over to a Suite on Wind Surf for the 12/28 trip. Our TA talked with a rep who said they don’t often get noise complaints from those suites located beneath the lounge so we booked #348 and we will see how it goes. Definitely wanted a suite as the two bathrooms sounded wonderful for such a long trip. Thanks for the confirmation, Ski Mom!

3 hours ago, SailMaine said:

RemPuck, we were wondering about the noise of the more forward suites as well. We rebooked our relocated San Juan Star Pride over to a Suite on Wind Surf for the 12/28 trip. Our TA talked with a rep who said they don’t often get noise complaints from those suites located beneath the lounge so we booked #348 and we will see how it goes. Definitely wanted a suite as the two bathrooms sounded wonderful for such a long trip. Thanks for the confirmation, Ski Mom!

We have never experienced noise from above. But then I don't think there was ever any noise IN the lounge. There is no loud music or late night shows and people tend not to congregate in large crowds in the lounge. There might be a duo singing and people having a drink but Windstar passengers are not usually a rowdy bunch!

On 4/19/2021 at 1:21 PM, new_cruiser said:

I never got the email and I'm not sure how long the promo was supposed to last. 

Says it's good through May 21, 2021.  I checked the price of my booked cruise and using this promotion, the cost increases by $778!

Would like to do cruise  starting in Barbados. WE did WS Windsurf RT Barbados 3 years ago.  then we had nonstop. No more nonstop flights. connecting flights had terrible times.  it would take us 2 days traveling in each direction.   Hope that Puerto Rico reopens or they add more flights to Barbados.  We then looked other options. Have not found anything acceptable yet. 

Thanks @Ski Mom 2 for the suite feedback, especially regarding the bathroom. We see the definite pluses there!  

And thanks @SailMaine and @r&rd for the feedback about noise. It’s good to know that it’s not an issue. 

We will check with our TA this week to see how the #s work. 

4 hours ago, r&rd said:

We have never experienced noise from above. But then I don't think there was ever any noise IN the lounge. There is no loud music or late night shows and people tend not to congregate in large crowds in the lounge. There might be a duo singing and people having a drink but Windstar passengers are not usually a rowdy bunch!

I would agree. Most of the after dinner crowd tends to hang at Compass Rose or out on the open decks, especially in the warm Caribbean. We are excited to be on Wind Surf again so booked the suite and are sure it’ll be fine. Counting down!