B to B transportation FLL

hunt182644

We are booked for a Nov. cruise out of FLL, The day after this cruise ends we get on a different ship and cruise line. Looking at doing a Princess tour after first cruise ends and then taking bus to the airport. We will then need to catch a cab to a hotel for the night from the airport. Will it be a problem getting a cab from the debark area at FLL. As I have never done A B to B on two different ships  before I like to gather as much info as possible. Have also thought about possibility of taking tour bus and luggage back to port and then catching a cab to hotel. Seeing as most hotels won't give you a room until close to 3pm, I amtrying to kill as much time as possible

1 minute ago, hunt182644 said:

We are booked for a Nov. cruise out of FLL, The day after this cruise ends we get on a different ship and cruise line. Looking at doing a Princess tour after first cruise ends and then taking bus to the airport. We will then need to catch a cab to a hotel for the night from the airport. Will it be a problem getting a cab from the debark area at FLL. As I have never done A B to B on two different ships  before I like to gather as much info as possible. Have also thought about possibility of taking tour bus and luggage back to port and then catching a cab to hotel. Seeing as most hotels won't give you a room until close to 3pm, I amtrying to kill as much time as possible

Check out the "ports of call" board for FLL. There's lots of info there about taxis, shuttles and hotels that offer a shuttle.

Once you decide on a hotel, call the main desk (not the 800 #) and as for an early check-in reservation.

We have done this. Debarked the ship as late as possible which is around 9/9:30am. Took a cab to the Hotel. Stayed in the Embassy Suites. Asked for early check in when we booked the hotel. There was an extra fee for early check in, $25 I believe. Room was ready for us, but it isn't guaranteed. Other hotels may also have early check in.

If you take a Princess tour that leaves you off at FLL Airport, just walk down to the taxi area and grab a cab to the hotel. Less than $20. 

Why the need to go to the airport? IMO, those transfer with luggage tours are not that great and do cost a bit for what you get. Once you leave the ship, go directly to the hotel, via cab or ride share, etc. . If you don't need the early check in, no guarantee, just have your luggage held in a secure storage room and either head to the pool to relax or do a little exploring of the immediate area on foot. If you have a hotel in the 17th St. area, the Sun Trolley or narrated water taxi are far better alternatives to a bus tour.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

Speak to reception at your chosen hotel. You have several options :-

Pay a supplement for early check in (no guarantee a room will be available)

Book a day room at your chosen hotel.( not all hotels offer this)

Book a room for the night before you arrive (advise reception you will be arriving early morning.)

Use secure storage facility at hotel.

Take disembarkation tour as you suggested , drop off at airport and taxi to hotel. ($20 approx)

Have only done B2B with Princess in Port Everglades..did the disembarkation tour and was dropped off back at the port for same day second cruise. However, in your situation, think I might book hotel for night prior to arrival to have the whole day to explore. Others might take a chance on early check in being available.