Jump to content

AQSC Countess April 25th, 2021 - Memphis to New Orleans


TravelinGert
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is the only sad photo I have of Tuesday's Breakfast Menu

 

20210427_084240.thumb.jpg.ad09c5f63990ddac849bfad190d011f7.jpg

 

Egg Benedict - you could ask for two if you wanted:

20210427_080911.thumb.jpg.d7615406e8ae31b487dbc6331d495e62.jpg

 

This is Brian, the best Breakfast waiter ever. He says honey that serving is too small so order another one! Bet you can guess why I liked him best! 😄

 

Brian.thumb.jpg.99ee6cd474b8b2f5f6624bab16da1ee0.jpg

 

My husband's omelette plate looks more substantial

 

20210427_080906.thumb.jpg.bf816c96a01e645d8e33cd49e3317e45.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by TravelinGert
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m really enjoying your commentary and the great pictures. We did that Memphis to New Orleans Cruise a few years ago on the American Queen. We LOVED it!! It is a beautiful boat with a great crew and we thoroughly enjoyed the ports. That was, of course,  a couple of years before the COVID pandemic appeared. 

 

We had been scheduled to do the Pittsburg to Louisville Cruise last year on the Duchess. That one was cancelled of course, so we switched to June 13 this year. SO CLOSE!!!  Then my sister in Texas was diagnosed with an advanced stage of cancer, and I will be there with her in June. 

 

So, another change. If all is well we will be doing the same cruise next June on The Countess!!  Therefore, I’m so pleased to see the pictures of the Countess. 

I agree with Seamus69—- the picture of the sunset with the flag is beautiful. 

 

Thanks for the time you you are taking to do this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2021 at 10:38 PM, ericosmith said:

Great pictures!  Was there a charge for the Premium Spirits list?

Yes. I don't actually know all the charges but I think I have a copy of the Premium Spirits list. I'll check for it and post if I have one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2021 at 10:50 AM, wandb said:

I’m really enjoying your commentary and the great pictures. We did that Memphis to New Orleans Cruise a few years ago on the American Queen. We LOVED it!! It is a beautiful boat with a great crew and we thoroughly enjoyed the ports. That was, of course,  a couple of years before the COVID pandemic appeared. 

 

We had been scheduled to do the Pittsburg to Louisville Cruise last year on the Duchess. That one was cancelled of course, so we switched to June 13 this year. SO CLOSE!!!  Then my sister in Texas was diagnosed with an advanced stage of cancer, and I will be there with her in June. 

 

So, another change. If all is well we will be doing the same cruise next June on The Countess!!  Therefore, I’m so pleased to see the pictures of the Countess. 

I agree with Seamus69—- the picture of the sunset with the flag is beautiful. 

 

Thanks for the time you you are taking to do this. 

 

I am so so sorry to hear about your sister and I hope her treatment goes well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoying your review🙂...great photos too.  I had not really thought about taking a river cruise here in the states but I may just think about doing one now.  Did you find the staff/crew/other guests were friendly folks (on the most part)? I sail solo and just wondering about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

Thank you for this great info. Can you please explain the process for getting the COVID test. Like who did it and where. 

 

The covid test was really, really easy. First they sent a link via email where you set up a sign in and filled out a form for a covid test.

 

On arrival at the hotel there was check in with American Queen in a little convention meeting room area. As soon as we were all checked in we went to a room where they took samples for the covid tests. They were doing the rapid tests were really easy on us. It was a little tickle-y and that's about it.  

 

Later we got an email when our results were ready with a link. You signed into the website where you'd set up the sign in to get your results. You could just take a screen shot of your results. They even had the link set up so it signed you right in to your results without having to navigate around on the website.

 

The next morning you just signed in and showed them your results said negative, or showed them the screen shot. Only people who showed a negative result could join the rest for breakfast. When you showed them the negative result they gave you your cabin key which was also your boarding card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Enjoying your review🙂...great photos too.  I had not really thought about taking a river cruise here in the states but I may just think about doing one now.  Did you find the staff/crew/other guests were friendly folks (on the most part)? I sail solo and just wondering about it.

 

All the staff and most of the guests were very friendly. I think you'd have an awesome time sailing with the Countess as a single. My mother-in-law loved it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 1:27 PM, TravelinGert said:

Photo of cable with mat. Note that it is actually a heavy duty hose. It did not make another appearance until Natchez. 

20210428_084810.jpg

That is the potable water line to the water hydrant on shore. Don't leave home without it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2021 at 10:25 AM, TravelinGert said:

Meaning they just put a swab up your nose.  Took about 3 seconds.

 

On 5/15/2021 at 10:25 AM, TravelinGert said:

The covid test was really, really easy. First they sent a link via email where you set up a sign in and filled out a form for a covid test.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...