Impact on Australia cruises?

jaapie

I just called Norwegian to inquire on when they might make some decisions re: my cruise Norwegian Spirit 12/6/2021 Singapore - Sydney to see when they will decide to cancel this cruise.  The representative was just "RUDE" did not want to "speculate", I simply wanted to know if they would decide prior to final payment being due?  I asked then "Has the Cruiseline when cancelling thus far, been cancelling prior to final payment?"  Dude just did not want to answer.  If any of my cruise critic peeps have information on cancellation timing please????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dgoddess61 said:

I just called Norwegian to inquire on when they might make some decisions re: my cruise Norwegian Spirit 12/6/2021 Singapore - Sydney to see when they will decide to cancel this cruise.  The representative was just "RUDE" did not want to "speculate", I simply wanted to know if they would decide prior to final payment being due?  I asked then "Has the Cruiseline when cancelling thus far, been cancelling prior to final payment?"  Dude just did not want to answer.  If any of my cruise critic peeps have information on cancellation timing please????

I'm on the same cruise.  Just my opinion but I think NCL is trying to avoid having to do refunds and will either cancel or extend final payment to 60 or 90 days. 

• Like 1

There is just no way decisions can be made very far out.  The situations are so subject to change still. And the NCL minimum wage rep certainly doesn’t know or could even guess any better than any one of us.  There is no answer to your question.......yet. 

Unless every port on that itinerary has had full vaccine roll out it’s always going to be at risk since both Singapore and Australia went full border closure during outbreaks and because they had more or less reached zero-covid their (or at least Australias) vaccine roll out is running behind Europe and the USA as it wasn’t as urgent for them.

• 2 weeks later...

The Spirit was cancelled today for sailings through and including Jan 28, 2022. 

So it confirms the expected, the Athens-Dubai-Singapore-Sydney won't sail (we were booked on it) nor will the initial local Aus-NZ summer season cruises. 

Safe to assume there will be no NCL cruises in Australia/NZ at all this coming southern summer. 😞

Quite likely no other large ship cruises either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

Safe to assume there will be no NCL cruises in Australia/NZ at all this coming southern summer. 😞

Quite likely no other large ship cruises either.

I agree, I can't see any large cruise ships allowed over the next 12 months or more. Such a bummer.