Cozumel Barhop trip/Hotel B - Live - 5/16-5/19

Saint Greg

So much time last night was spent discussing how to handle today. We decided to go downtown. We have to get a COVID test. We can’t get that until 10am here. It costs $35. Friend wants to go to some pharmacy on the way downtown so I think the plan is breakfast, maybe a Bloody Mary or two, COVID test, pharmacy, downtown, lunch somewhere downtown. And that’s as much as I know.

• Like 1

So at 6:50 friend calls. he's been up for an hour and a half and he's ready to eat breakfast at 7 which is right when the restaurant opens. I tell him I want to drink coffee and shower first. He tells me how his coffee maker just made a mess so I'd be better getting coffee at the restaurant and how I should wait until before we go downtown to shower and all that. It's a good reminder on one of the reasons I like Solo.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

So at 6:50 friend calls. he's been up for an hour and a half and he's ready to eat breakfast at 7 which is right when the restaurant opens. I tell him I want to drink coffee and shower first. He tells me how his coffee maker just made a mess so I'd be better getting coffee at the restaurant and how I should wait until before we go downtown to shower and all that. It's a good reminder on one of the reasons I like Solo.

Nope nope nope, im just like you....coffee and shower first! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Nope nope nope, im just like you....coffee and shower first! 

Yeah and if I want to take another shower before we go downtown, there isn't a limit I'm aware of. I just don't like the way I feel when I wakeup without a shower. 

It all boils down to he wanted to eat breakfast at 7am and he didn't want to eat alone.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah and if I want to take another shower before we go downtown, there isn't a limit I'm aware of. I just don't like the way I feel when I wakeup without a shower. 

It all boils down to he wanted to eat breakfast at 7am and he didn't want to eat alone.

Love that! “There isn’t a lining I’m aware of”!!! 😆

• Like 1

I'll go ahead and recommend Dick's Dive on the square, for food and margaritas. Also, right around the corner from there, Lobster Shack for the greatest lobster sandwich ever, and Cuatro Tacos next door...

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Apparently I do have a free breakfast here. I can get French toast or pancakes with eggs or an omelette with a fruit cup.

34BB0660-08C7-4066-A5F0-5F4F45DD0CF8.jpeg

I don’t know what kind of fruit that dark orange one is and there’s probably a reason why. I don’t recommend it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Does your buddy wonder why you're always playing with your phone? Or, are you holding back, so as not to be so obvious?... 

He asked in the pool yesterday. I just told him about some other online issue that was happening. If I can make it through the Barhop tomorrow I’m home free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to friend there are like 4 english channels on the tv out of 50. He said he watched cnn this morning in english.

Boy his voice really carries and at some point..it’s just things that people don’t want to hear over breakfast. Like how the cartel is skinning people alive a burying the rest of them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So, should the title of this review be "Why I travel Solo"....

It does add some extra humor (from this side of the vacation) to your already awesome and humorous review!

Love your balcony view and the food pics!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

We got our COVID test in the spa and we’re heading out. Friends top priority on the whole trip is definitely a stop at a pharmacy it’s all we’ve talked about how to work that in with everything else so we’re doing that on the way downtown.

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

According to friend there are like 4 english channels on the tv out of 50. He said he watched cnn this morning in english.

Boy his voice really carries and at some point..it’s just things that people don’t want to hear over breakfast. Like how the cartel is skinning people alive a burying the rest of them.

Yikes!

I bet you are glad this isnt one of your week long vacay's 🤣 

• Like 2